Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2016, 05:52 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,330,366 times

Advertisements

Yesterday was a hard day, emotions, little sleep the night before and as it ended up only the boss and I were there to unload 4 huge pallets of animal food. Took most of the day and I stayed over time but I need that extra money to make up for the days I took off so it will work out in the end. I am going to breakfast with my gentleman friend and his daughter this morning. Had to bring my dogs in for a couple of hours yesterday--too hot and it was lightening and thundering and their dog house was like an oven. They enjoyed the mud room but only want to use it for emergencies like yesterday or very cold winter nights. Hope you all have a lovely day.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:22 AM

48,173 posts, read 22,024,577 times
Good Morning cyn. Just stopping by to check in with you.

Old 07-15-2016, 07:51 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,510,449 times
I love how you look out for your "babies" so well, cyn. Keep up the good work and I hope you have a good visit with your friend today.

Old 07-15-2016, 09:53 AM

We had a nice breakfast. I enjoy his daughter--we are close in age but both know her dad and myself are looking for friends and company--nothing more. One big reason I love this thread is it seems most really understand grief plus they understand the love for our fur babies. That means a lot!
It also means so much just to have someone look in on you---thanks elston!

Old 07-16-2016, 07:49 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,510,449 times
Yes, I know about grief. My older sister was in a bad car wreck when she was only 14. It was in the Seattle area. She was put on a mechanical ventilator to help her breathe for three months. She broke many bones and she hit her head so hard that she sustained lasting neurological damage. Her hands shake when she tries to carry a cup of coffee and occasionally she'll spill some, etc., etc.

I love that sister so much and I'm her favorite sibling, too. We have two other sisters living in Washington state. But I think that event in Aug.1972 changed me forever. I couldn't wrap my mind around it at 12 years of age. Our A&W Drive-In burned down shortly thereafter, and, needless to say, my family was up against it. I believe I went in to a depression and if not for the help of a very good friend, my neighbor Jeff, who was a couple years older than me, I may have stayed depressed for a long time. Thank God for good friends. So I understand grief - I have lost both parents, my grandfather and both grandmas to death.

I think it's my faith in God that gives me hope and I am no longer depressed - I haven't been depressed for decades. Some things like a loved one dying or a favorite pet dying will somewhat depress me, but, my faith in a loving Creator who can restore joy to us keeps me going. Some believe in a rainbow bridge - I can't argue against it, ya know? I would love to have a cat and a couple of dogs back with me later on. And of course several relatives that I can't wait to see again. Several things have to change first, and only God's Kingdom can and will do that. I won't go on with my religious beliefs - but I needed to just lay out some essential things to help explain where I'm coming from.

Everyone enjoy their Saturdays. Hang in there cynwldkat - you are appreciated and loved by many of us on here who really care about your welfare!

Old 07-16-2016, 08:39 AM

Good Morning cyn. Hope that you have a good day. I just went over to my garden and did a little work and a lot of nature appreciating. It wasnt quite as hot today.....of course that was because I got out early.....before the sun had started to heat everything up.

Old 07-16-2016, 05:12 PM

We just had a pretty good thunder bumper!!!! It is our season for it...pretty much every afternoon. I think it has passed now. We get a tremendous amount of lightning.....they show the number of strikes and it is phenomenal.....like 800 strikes in a small area in less than an hour. You have to stay in. there are warning sirens to give a little advance.

Old 07-16-2016, 08:40 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,866,641 times
Thinking about ya'll

Old 07-17-2016, 05:27 AM

Good morning everyone!
We've been getting those same kind of storms elston. Ended up with no electricity Friday night and that made it very hard to sleep in the humid heat. I felt like a zombie at work. Then the girl who was suppose to replace me in the afternoon came in an hour late so I was very tired. It was a hard day. Today is church so it will be a good refreshing day for me! Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 07-17-2016, 05:45 AM

Have a good Sunday cyn. I am looking forward to meeting too.....it is such a peaceful time. Good Morning everyone....may all be well with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning