Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2016, 01:44 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,371,564 times

Advertisements

I kept checking in on him and he smiled but it was to hot for him to be out there. He stopped often in the shade. I also hope his son will do the mowing. But maybe once it cools down it will be good for him to be out???
Anyhow elston my dogs are back on their "I won't eat this" attitude. I had a couple of good weeks where they ate well..I am so upset at them. I just don't know what to do.....

Old 08-12-2016, 02:52 PM

48,307 posts, read 22,073,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I kept checking in on him and he smiled but it was to hot for him to be out there. He stopped often in the shade. I also hope his son will do the mowing. But maybe once it cools down it will be good for him to be out???
Anyhow elston my dogs are back on their "I won't eat this" attitude. I had a couple of good weeks where they ate well..I am so upset at them. I just don't know what to do.....
Our dogs must exchange emails. only my beagle girl is eating.....the other two have decided they dont like what I am serving. Honestly they drive me nuts. My guy reassures me they will eat when they are hungry.

Cyn......are you liable if something happens to him on your property.......home owners insurance ????? You are aware of his heart attack so that might increase your liability. I think I would tell the son.....you cant take the risk. I might be all wrong....but since I am thinking it......I thought I would say it.

Old 08-12-2016, 11:30 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,930,921 times
She shouldnt be but thats how messed up things are...

Old 08-13-2016, 05:55 AM

I'll look into it elston--Thanks for the idea.
That's it---our dogs are in communication!!! Little buggers! One day one eats the next day the other eats and then one day neither eats. I know everyone tells me they will eat when they get hungry but it stresses me out so much with worry..... I got some of those Vienna sausages and put a couple cut in with their food and they liked that. Monday no food for Bella as she is going in to get her teeth cleaned. I thought they had done that when she had the abscess tooth but apparently they couldn't with an infection going on. So I also asked him to remove the tooth that was bad if necessary when they do the cleaning. I have to get their mouths in good condition. Good old credit cards. I hate them and rarely use them but this is just one of those times. I can see now I'll probably never really get them paid off.
Work today so time to get myself ready. Have a blessed day everyone.

Old 08-13-2016, 06:35 AM

The dogs......I see how it happens.....they stop eating so you sweeten the pot with sausage or pepperoni or left overs from dinner and they LOVE It....but then they expect it everytime and wont eat.....vicious cycle repeats and repeats.

Old 08-13-2016, 06:49 AM

I know--and I am such a sucker. But I try not to change the basic food in their dish--just add new tid-bits sometimes. Still......they do have me well trained.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:28 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,550,457 times
Got to our part of the big and large Kansas City Metro safe and fairly sane...lol. Went to set up a new bank account yesterday morning and then told Mrs.elkotronics that I wanted to "see the big buildings of Kansas City, MO." We did and I really enjoyed touring the downtown area. Went to AutoZone to buy a new radio antenna for the car. While the Mrs. shopped at Trader Joe's I put the new antenna on and then hopped back in the car and enjoyed some AM radio.

We went to the KC IKEA store for our first IKEA visit ever. Got a few good ideas for some new furniture plus I saw a picture of Kansas City at night in which what looks like a train station is highlighted in a gold color and the rest is KC's buildings in black and white in the nighttime. It's being sold for a reasonable price and there's scads of them available, too. Like to get one for us.

Still things left to do, of course, from our move. Calls to still make. Orientation begins Monday morning at my new job. Scads of sign-up paperwork, direct deposit sign-up, drug testing, etc. On day shift, of course. My first real work night is Friday the 19th of August.

Going to our new place of worship later today, in the afternoon. Really looking forward to that, both of us are.

The animals are coping fairly well. The orange tabby cat that we've been keeping in the house in Dodge City, KS, will get to go outside here in our new KC Metro neighborhood. He's so restless cooped up inside the house! The cats have all of their shots up-to-date and he'll love all of the trees in our yard and the neighborhood to explore. It's got some woods, lots of grass and trees. Can't wait to see him happy again...he's too much of a little hunter to keep him inside for so long. Car traffic is much more tame in this neighborhood - we live next to a grade school - not such a bad thing. We're thinking around this upcoming Friday we'll let him out - that'll be one week from our arrival here in the KC Metro. Great job Seattle Seahawk's at the KC Chief's yesterday...pulled off a 17-16 sneaker on the last play of the game to get within one point at 16-15 after their TD. Then they went for two and won it by one point. I know, it's only exhibition season, but good to start out on a positive note.

Have good Sundays, everyone!

Last edited by elkotronics; 08-14-2016 at 02:47 AM..

Old 08-14-2016, 04:35 AM

Elekotronics.......good luck in your new neighborhood and job and church and city.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:02 AM

Between now and Friday......we are hosting two relatives/friends from Japan.....we will meet them at Orlando later today and then go to Cape Canaveral and then bring them home to Ft Myers. They are returning to Japan on Friday....... I may be missing in action for a couple of days. Be well.

Last edited by elston; 08-15-2016 at 06:53 AM..

Old 08-15-2016, 06:12 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,550,457 times
Thank you, elston! Enjoying all of it so far. Met lots of fellow worshippers yesterday and they were very welcoming. First day of work - orientation, is today. Have great Monday's, everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning