Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2016, 06:09 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,371,564 times

Advertisements

Although I agree with most of what you said in your post I think we need to stay off the topic of animal abuse here as it only makes many of us so depressed. Most of us here are animals lovers. It really brings me down to read all the abuse and the risk of sounding not caring or selfish not only for myself but others this topic is not something to help us be positive. I know you mean well elkotronics but let's all of us try to keep on more positive thinking! Like how well your job is going and your family!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 08-27-2016 at 06:52 AM..

Old 08-27-2016, 10:19 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,550,457 times
I just wanted to clear up the point of racism that could be insinuated against me for posting on this subject. I know it is hard to read and...think about. The world is not a Beaver Cleaver type of place - those places are made up by Hollywood and Bollywood. They are not true representations of real life. These atrocities do exist and they need to be stopped. I seriously wonder about a Government that is so selfish and so inept and so noncaring that they could turn a blind eye to atrocities against God's creations like that. Makes me truly sick and, as I have mentioned, if I don't type it out I am left with a churning stomach and extreme heartache inside. I will take this topic somewhere else on city data, though, because the topic is on other places on here.

And I will try very hard ta not bring it up on this thread any more. It just busts my heart up into pieces. It has ta be expressed. And never, ever was my message meant to be racist or nationalistic. It is all about the suffering animals. Of course, people are higher up above animals, and the way people are abused is of no small importance, I realize that. In the U.S. we tend to hash out the human suffering issues and take care of offenders...sometimes justice takes awhile, but it does get done. I'm just extremely frustrated that this subject goes unfixed...because of an evil, corrupt, uncaring government.

Old 08-27-2016, 11:59 AM

48,307 posts, read 22,073,039 times
cyn.......when your sister was visiting you commented on how much better you were eating. Are you able to keep that going? I know that eating is a social activity so it is much harder for people who live by themselves to keep a healthy diet..and your schedule seems to change alot.....but it is certainly worth the effort. Which is your main meal of the day?

Old 08-27-2016, 08:03 PM

Good Night Friends......I am getting ready for bed now and my little Baxter is impatiently waiting for me...he will grab a toy on his way to bed....it is usually either his chicken or lambchops.

cyn....I am hoping that you get a good nights sleep.

I will see you in the morning before getting ready for "first day meeting".

Good Night Friends and "may peace attend thee; all thru the night." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWU07oVhF_4

Old 08-27-2016, 09:20 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,930,921 times
Hello everyone......... Im kinda sad tonight.....

I hope ya'll have a good one.........

Old 08-28-2016, 12:41 AM

7,072 posts, read 6,349,441 times
Hang in there Dude. We're all in the same spot. Thankfully w have each other. And it sure is okay to cry.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:51 AM

I am so sorry Dude--being sad is miserable but as meo said "we have each other here! Hope you feel better today. I'm right there with you....last night I cried and I don't often do that much anymore! We'll just stick together and hold each other up!
I am covering for another girl at work tonight--need to make the extra money since taking time off with my sister so it works out for the best I suppose.
Have a blessed day everyone.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:18 AM

Good Sunday Morning to you.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:34 AM

I forgot to answer your question elston--eating.....still having trouble eating but I do try! My best meals are breakfast but only when I don't work because I don't have time when I work. On work days I get a subway or tacos on the way home. Since it is nearly 4pm I'm not very hungry for dinner but I do drink a Boost or Ensure and snack on nuts and cheese. I have gained a little weight but am disappointed it wasn't more. A little is better then none at all. I'm really having trouble eating while taking these antibiotics because they upset my stomach. Still I eat even if it's a small amount. It is hard eating alone.

Old 08-28-2016, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I forgot to answer your question elston--eating.....still having trouble eating but I do try! My best meals are breakfast but only when I don't work because I don't have time when I work. On work days I get a subway or tacos on the way home. Since it is nearly 4pm I'm not very hungry for dinner but I do drink a Boost or Ensure and snack on nuts and cheese. I have gained a little weight but am disappointed it wasn't more. A little is better then none at all. I'm really having trouble eating while taking these antibiotics because they upset my stomach. Still I eat even if it's a small amount. It is hard eating alone.

Thanks cyn. It isnt great.....but its better than you were doing. I am glad you are using the Boost or Ensure.....they do "fill in" some of the gaps in your diet. I know it is hard to eat alone and to enjoy it.
It is important so I am glad that you are making an effort.

The anti biotics can mess up your system. It would be good to add some yogurt to your diet, especially when you get off the anti biotic....to replace some of the helpful "flora and fauna" of your digestive system that the anti biotics kill off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning