Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2016, 04:36 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,375,456 times

Advertisements

I forgot to wish Elko the best of luck! You'll do fine!

Old 12-21-2016, 04:52 AM

Back from our morning walk and it was cold! I have work today so that will be good for me. I did stay busy yesterday but was still pretty down. I wrote another "Grateful list" as that helps sometimes. It did seem to help. I am grateful for all of you here---means the world to me and I thank you all!!
Have a blessed day!

Old 12-21-2016, 07:00 AM

48,318 posts, read 22,077,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Back from our morning walk and it was cold! I have work today so that will be good for me. I did stay busy yesterday but was still pretty down. I wrote another "Grateful list" as that helps sometimes. It did seem to help. I am grateful for all of you here---means the world to me and I thank you all!!
Have a blessed day!
We all gain strength from this group. I dont like to miss my daily check in.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:30 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,552,830 times
Thanks for the testing well-wishes, cyn! I just e-mailed my boss and asked if I could test on Tuesday, January 3, 2017. In order to feel more ready to test, study a bit more, etc. I will call the testing center and make my appointment once I hear back from him, or just make the appt. anyway. It's on me (the cost to test) and, once I pass, I get reimbursed for it. So I feel that gives me the right to want to test when I feel I'm ready. He wants me and my co-worker to test by the end of December. We'll see how my idea goes over.

You all have good Wednesday's!

Old 12-22-2016, 04:52 AM

Good morning everyone!
Elko, I just feel as hard as you are trying you will be fine!
Today is work. It's been very slow sadly but hopefully after the holidays things will pick up. Thought we had one of the kitties adopted out but the people didn't get him because their vet said they don't keep their other animals up on regular shots. Wish he had gotten a forever home but happy he didn't go where he wouldn't be properly cared for. We do a pretty through back check on applicants.
BuBu is still having some issues but my vet suggested giving him pumpkin in his food until things clear up. So this morning he got a tablespoon of organic pumpkin in his food and he seemed to really like it. I just hope it helps to get his digestive system straightened out.
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 12-22-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning everyone!
Elko, I just feel as hard as you are trying you will be fine!
Today is work. It's been very slow sadly but hopefully after the holidays things will pick up. Thought we had one of the kitties adopted out but the people didn't get him because their vet said they don't keep their other animals up on regular shots. Wish he had gotten a forever home but happy he didn't go where he wouldn't be properly cared for. We do a pretty through back check on applicants.
BuBu is still having some issues but my vet suggested giving him pumpkin in his food until things clear up. So this morning he got a tablespoon of organic pumpkin in his food and he seemed to really like it. I just hope it helps to get his digestive system straightened out.
Have a blessed day everyone!
The pumpkin is a high fiber source....so it may get his gut straightened out. Hope that it works for him.

Old 12-22-2016, 12:43 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,934,586 times
Just thinking of us all......... I love you guys so much!!!

Old 12-22-2016, 03:06 PM

7,072 posts, read 6,350,766 times
I can't remember if I have ever joined in here but have been reading a lot of the thread.

I currently live in senior housing in freezing Minnesota but am planning on moving to either Northwest Arkansas or Tennessee. My building does not allow pets - except service animals- and I so miss having a pet.

Cyn - your love for your animals fills my heart with love.

Elko- your studying is the key. I'm certain you will do well. Your posts remind me of a time when I was working at the County & my supervisor kept pushing me to test for a higher position. Well, there were two of us taking the test & I studied & studied, just as you are doing & I tried to encourage my coworker to study also.

Unfortunately, she decided not to & failed the test. Because I'd studied so much I passed. I'm certain you will do well.

Elston - your cooking amazes me. I love cooking in a slow cooker but you definetly outdo anything I've tried. I'll be watching your posts for delicious recipes.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:52 PM

7,072 posts, read 6,350,766 times
I would like to add that my son died January 11th. He is who I mourn. The anniversary is coming up quick & I assume it will not be a good day for me. This is why I have come to this thread.

He was diabetic & not taking care of himself. He died of natural causes according to the coroner.

We were estranged as he had mental health issues & threatened to kill everyone. I am so glad he is at peace now but wish we could have gotten together and resolved things before he died.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:06 PM

Oh meo.....thank you for trusting us to share that painful information......will keep you in my prayers. Peace to you and to your son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning