Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2017, 08:11 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,350,503 times

Advertisements

Wow elston...busy schedule for you! Lots to think about.
Just received new rain boots from my girlfriend in CA by UPS. They are wide but still pretty tight where my surgery was and those darn scars. I tried locating a shoe repair in my area for stretching them but there are none so maybe with just using a bit at a time they will stretch. The scars are very painful so I have to be careful. Then I also tried to call my psych doctor about my prescription that came in but is the wrong strength but my phone keeps dialing the wrong number--I have a new phone set also from my girlfriend in CA--now to figure out how to hook them up. I honestly get overwhelmed with simple tasks like this. It's crazy!! But I will do it.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:57 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,530,625 times
Sometimes it's the simple tasks that overwhelm us because we want to get to something else, cyn, more important to us overall. Stick with it all and you'll get it - love you and all of you on here.

Hi, elston - hope you're doing well. You too, Dude, plus any and all of y'all new ones who pop in on here from time to time.

I've got one more day ta study - today! Just about ta do this.

Old 01-03-2017, 01:11 PM

7,064 posts, read 6,328,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Sometimes it's the simple tasks that overwhelm us because we want to get to something else, cyn, more important to us overall. Stick with it all and you'll get it - love you and all of you on here.

Hi, elston - hope you're doing well. You too, Dude, plus any and all of y'all new ones who pop in on here from time to time.

I've got one more day ta study - today! Just about ta do this.
You WILL do it! You've studied hard & long. We all have faith in you.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:07 PM

48,239 posts, read 22,049,327 times
Had my PT today and saw the orthopedic surgeon....it was good to finally talk to the Doctor. I did also talk with the physcians assistant and he was very good and reviewed my latest xrays of my spine....today. He noted and pointed out to the Dr that I have an anyurism ......this can be quite serious.....Dr Garner refered me to the best Cardio Vascular surgeon in the area......he said the size of the anyurism doesnt seem to indicate a need for surgery....but the new Dr will make those decisions. I also got a shot into my knee to replace some of the cushioning juice.

Dr. Garner also had hip xrays done. His impression is that my greatest problem is with arthritis in my hip and that may have triggered and exacerbated the knee. He has also scheduled me for bone density tests of the spine.

I am just thankful and relieved that someone who knows what they are doing is looking out for me. I had more medical problems than I knew.

I am not going to fret about it.....just going to trust this dr and his practice......he and his staff are all very very kind and nice to me.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:08 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,530,625 times
Sounds like you're in good medical hands, elston!

Old 01-03-2017, 11:30 PM

Elston - until I found a doctor like yours, I had no idea what was wrong with me but, after tests, she put a stent in my right leg artery.

Arthritis is something we all are going to have, unfortunately. Those of us who were so active, well, it toned our body but didn't help our bones so much. Thankfully there is help nowadays.

Old 01-04-2017, 04:12 AM

Good Morning all.
Good Luck Elko.......will be thinking of you.
cyn.....I ran into an old cd friend, kelsie, who asked me to let you know that she thinks of you and keeps you in her prayers. She said to say hello from her.
Good to see you meo........thanks for being so upbeat and positive.

Old 01-04-2017, 05:01 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,350,503 times
Good morning everyone!
So nice to hear from all of you! Thanks you elston for the message from Kelsie--I have often wondered how she is doing! Very nice person! And elston it does sound like you found yourself a good doctor! Hope it works well for you!
Elko, thanks for the advise and I will stick with it! You will do fine on this test my friend!
meo, sadly you are so right--all the work and exercise in our younger years now comes back to haunt us...I am happy you found a doctor that helped you!
Hope all is well with you Dude!
Looks like we are in for very cold weather and snow in the days to come. It's tough walking the dogs in that kind of weather. I think the walks will have to be shortened! We'll see.....
Work today. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 01-04-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Good morning everyone!
So nice to hear from all of you! Thanks you elston for the message from Kelsie--I have often wondered how she is doing! Very nice person! And elston it does sound like you found yourself a good doctor! Hope it works well for you!
Elko, thanks for the advise and I will stick with it! You will do fine on this test my friend!
meo, sadly you are so right--all the work and exercise in our younger years now comes back to haunt us...I am happy you found a doctor that helped you!
Hope all is well with you Dude!
Looks like we are in for very cold weather and snow in the days to come. It's tough walking the dogs in that kind of weather. I think the walks will have to be shortened! We'll see.....
Work today. Hope everyone has a blessed day!
They might not mind a shorter walk if the weather is bad.....they get cold too.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:44 PM

This made me remember my dog. I always took him for a walk to & around the park before & after work.

Well, one day it snowed so bad that there was no way we could get there. He still tried & it was only when he absolutely could not get through the snow that he allowed me to turn around & go back home. He was so funny. A little Pekingese.

Thanks for the memory. I loved that dog & miss him to this day. Not sad miss, just miss. He was a sweetie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.