Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2017, 02:58 AM

7,059 posts, read 6,325,075 times

Advertisements

I hope I can open up here. I haven't been posting much because, frankly, I've been depressed.

First my car didn't work for months - turned out to be it just needed a new battery & cable wires. Stupid of me not to have it checked out.

Then I fell outside; my own fault because I know darn well I need to use my walker rather than my cane at night. I broke my glasses but did not get hurt.

When I went to the eye doctor they also took my blood pressure (it's a clinic connected to the hospital) & it was sky high - 178 over 76. The girl took it on 3 different machines to make sure. She basically said I was a heart attack waiting to happen.

Well, I'd run out of my medication & since I was going in for an eye exam, I figures I could wait & get the pills at the pharmacy then. But, I was scared.

Okay, so I had a follow-up nurse appt for another check & even just 5 days after retaking the medication my blood pressure was 130 over 76. Whew. I was so relieved.

So, that's why I haven't been posting. I know you all are here for support but I've taken care of myself for so long it's sometimes hard to share.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:20 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,343,425 times
I understand and telling others how you feel is sometimes scary and being independent for so long does make it hard to share.. But please try to remember many of us here are depressed so we do understand! Probably not taking your meds also caused some depression since your blood pressure was so high. A good lesson--do not stop your medication for any reason unless directed by your doctor! I am very happy you are feeling better now.
I made an appointment with a financial advisor through the non-profit organization that is here to help women. It doesn't cost and I need some advise. She volunteers her help to this place and sounds very nice and caring. It never hurts to have a second set of eyes looking things over.
Today I will visit my neighbor "IF" he is awake when I go over to feed his birds. It is a lovely, clear day and yes elston, I do think that helps. I am working on enjoying the beauty around me and trying very hard not to think so much about the sad and negative.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 03-29-2017, 05:49 AM

48,223 posts, read 22,042,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I hope I can open up here. I haven't been posting much because, frankly, I've been depressed.

First my car didn't work for months - turned out to be it just needed a new battery & cable wires. Stupid of me not to have it checked out.

Then I fell outside; my own fault because I know darn well I need to use my walker rather than my cane at night. I broke my glasses but did not get hurt.

When I went to the eye doctor they also took my blood pressure (it's a clinic connected to the hospital) & it was sky high - 178 over 76. The girl took it on 3 different machines to make sure. She basically said I was a heart attack waiting to happen.

Well, I'd run out of my medication & since I was going in for an eye exam, I figures I could wait & get the pills at the pharmacy then. But, I was scared.

Okay, so I had a follow-up nurse appt for another check & even just 5 days after retaking the medication my blood pressure was 130 over 76. Whew. I was so relieved.

So, that's why I haven't been posting. I know you all are here for support but I've taken care of myself for so long it's sometimes hard to share.
Meo...........good to hear from you; I am sorry that you have been depressed and having medical problems.

I foolishly allowed myself to run out of my B/P medication (statin) awhile ago and like you when I had my pressure checked was told I was a ticking time bomb!!! I am back on the med and doing well. Lets promise that we wont "go off our meds" like that again.

I hope your depression lifts and you feel better in general.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:11 AM

Yes, you both keep plenty of that BP med on hand. No more time bombs here!
I did visit my neighbor and was sure to smile and stay positive. It went well. He is so weak but still smiles! What a beautiful thing to see!

Old 03-29-2017, 05:54 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,523,382 times
Everyone take their meds! All of us, including me. Glad you two took your meds and are feeling better.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Everyone take their meds! All of us, including me. Glad you two took your meds and are feeling better.

I promise. Thanks for the reminder and concern.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:38 PM

7,059 posts, read 6,325,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I promise. Thanks for the reminder and concern.
I promise! All I could think about is the money I have saved & the things I haven't done & could do & my niece & nephew would get what I'd saved.

I won't let it happen again & once my new glasses are in, I'm off to Tennessee to see my brothers & see if it is where I want to move.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:53 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,886,014 times
God bless everyone.......I hope we all have a good night tonight wheather we are awake or sleep tonight

Old 03-30-2017, 04:29 AM

Work today. Rough nights sleep...not sure why.
I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 03-30-2017, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I promise! All I could think about is the money I have saved & the things I haven't done & could do & my niece & nephew would get what I'd saved.

I won't let it happen again & once my new glasses are in, I'm off to Tennessee to see my brothers & see if it is where I want to move.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip to Tennessee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning