Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 07:39 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,862,798 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!!!!

I hope your saturdays go well

Peace and love to you all

Old 06-03-2017, 08:23 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,508,898 times
Dude - you are an awesome dude!

cyn - I'm still having a hard time over your kitten. Wish he would come home!

elston - how are you? Good, I hope.

All of you all - have great Sunday's!

Old 06-03-2017, 08:28 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,328,487 times
Me too elko...my problem is closure since I have no idea what actually happened. I worry he is hurt somewhere but in reality I know I need to accept he is not here! I lose a part of my heart each time something dies and my heart is in pain! I am trying to keep busy and so far have done pretty well. Thank you so much for caring!
And I agree with eljko --Dude you are and awesome dude! We love you too!

Old 06-03-2017, 11:28 AM

48,159 posts, read 22,022,438 times
With my beloved pets ...... who have passed. I find it helps me to think of them "going on ahead" My darling Hannah is just up beyond the bend of the trail....waiting for me to catch up....before she bounds ahead again. That was the way it was when we hiked on steep trails in NH....she would disappear ahead and then wait to joyfully greet me when I caught up.....for my one assent up the Mt....she probably climbed it 10 times.....going ahead and then coming back to check on me and then blazing the trail again.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:30 AM

What a lovely image elston. Thank you!

Old 06-03-2017, 03:18 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,508,898 times
Hey, do you guys believe in the Rainbow Bridge? I don't see it written in the Bible anywhere, so we don't get any input from God about whether He will bring back our babies to the earth or not. The earth will not be destroyed, because Psalms 37:29 talks about the righteous living forever upon the earth. That is a thought most churches won't teach you about because they know nothing about it. But it is indeed true.

But our animals brought back to us? We really don't know, I'd love it if it were true, though.

Old 06-03-2017, 04:59 PM

I believe in what makes me feel good!

Old 06-03-2017, 05:50 PM

48,159 posts, read 22,022,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I believe in what makes me feel good!

Me too cyn. What it says in the Bible is open to interpretation and misinterpretation and often is used to promote hatred and division. The bible and the sacred traditions of many religions all have validity.....but none has the whole story. What brings comfort, promotes kindness, lifts up beauty......that is my belief system. Sometimes it is literal, other times it is poetic and sometimes it is mystical and inspired.

What I believe what I BELIEVE and what I think about .... all have validity and are true to me at different times.

I really think that the universe and that life force and life energy and spirit....are circular.

Of course I believe animal spirits are as valid as human spirits and tree spirits and rock spirits. We are all different aspects of the creative force......the Lakota holy men teach Mitakuye Oyasin....."all my family"

I will not argue or try to convince anyone of my beliefs.......because I dont think anyone knows more than me and I know that I dont know more than my heart can feel.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:36 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,676,259 times
I find strength in the posts on this forum and find the people very loving and caring for each other. We are going through a difficult time, my spouse has cancer and my heart is breaking, especially because I cannot help him. He is my best friend and love of my life. Thank you for your uplifting posts.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:07 AM

Love your post elston. I feel exactly as you do. I have my "opinion" and although all may not agree it is mine! What it says in the Bible is open to interpretation as you said in your post..I go by my heart!!
My dear Ellwood, it's good to see you here. I am so sorry about your spouse and believe me I do understand! It's not anything anyone can understand unless they have been there. Keep coming back and we will try our best to hold you up through this. Yes, we are so fortunate to have one of the most caring groups I have known right here. There are a lot more that read this thread but still have not posted for their own reasons but just reading has helped many of them....knowing there are people who care and understand. Not feeling alone. It really helps to talk about what is going on in your life. We do a lot of chatting about things other then grief but my goodness I think we all need a break from the sadness and a look at the other side of life! For me it gives me hope and something to look forward to. My husband was also my love, best friend and I felt helpless because he had ALS. He thought he could beat it so I did my best to help him but in the end the ALS won. Without this thread I would be so lost. So again welcome and please keep coming back!
I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 06-04-2017 at 05:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning