Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2017, 05:44 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,928,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
My son told me an Indian belief....that when we pass over to the other side we have to cross over on a swinging bridge or a log floating in water. It is a precarious crossing. The Indian wise men taught that the animals we befriended and were kind to in our lives, gather to steady the log from rolling or the swinging bridge from tossing us off into oblivion........I bet Groucho went ahead to be ready to steady the way for your husband.

If anyone is making it to any sort of heaven......it would be Hannah and Blue and even little Cricket with her bad self.......before it would be me.
EEEKKK I am so afraid of heights I do hope my fur children are steadying that log or bridge. I know if hubby is there he will be laughing at me hanging on for dear life afraid to move forward. He had a weird sense of humor.

Well the lawns are mowed in record time. I put that machine in four wheel drive. HA Not really but I was moving right along. The mower is a brute. After we mowed the cemeteries here for 8 years, 10 acres, I wanted my own ZTR and no steering wheel. I got spoiled with theirs. Hubby told me I rarely asked for anything, which was true, so he said he would buy me this machine. A little overkill for a little less than half acre yard. It started to rain just as I was hosing out the underside of the deck. It is far from perfect but now a fresh mow is getting watered. Hopefully it will be enough rain to do a good job of it. I would love a break from watering for a couple of days.

Actually I would love a break for a couple days from doing anything. I do not know why I am pushing so hard. GGRRR on me.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:58 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,331,738 times
What a lovely way to start my day reading all these wonderful caring posts! Thank you all!
I am late to be here since I had to go get some imagining on my intestines for medicare. One more of their preventative measures. I have 2 more to go, bone density and a mammogram...but those won't be for another month!
It was pouring rain when I got up at 5am and I was really wondering how I was going to convince my dogs to take their morning walk before I had to go...plus feed them and for some reason Bubba has not really been wanting his morning meal. But it stopped raining just in time to walk them and then I fed them even though Bubba was a little slow at eating. Maybe it's just tummy upset in the mornings. Or maybe the prescription dog food is not his favorite! At least they were taken care of! Then it started pouring rain again! Home now and have some cleaning to do. Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 06-05-2017, 09:22 AM

Cyn we had the rains and winds and thunder last night. My dog just hates thunder. Fortunately I got him comforted before the worst of the storm hit and I can just let him out at the side door to do his business. So glad I finally have all of the yard fenced now. He will pee in my flower beds in a heart beat but in the rain it does not matter as it gets washed down.

Hoping your imaging comes out well.

I want to do the front porch rug today so I can put the rug shampooer back in the garage and it will have all summer to dry out the hoses inside it. It is a big bulky thing but it has lasted for years and had hard use with so many animals.Then clean the rest of the house rinse and repeat. Some thing always needs cleaning.

I plan on doing a ME thing and will work on setting it up. Hoping my friend will go with me as it is a 160 mile trip. If not it will do me good to go alone and give me more confidence I can do it alone. I want to go buy some glass for my mosaics. Most of my work is from recycled glass. I have had the $$ from the sale of hubby's snow mobile. The snow mobile brought him Joy and the Glass I buy with the $$ will bring me joy. I think it is a fair trade. I will not spend all of it of course. Need to give glass store and friend a call and also check online but shipping is so expensive for glass.

Have a great one folks

Old 06-05-2017, 11:38 AM

I understand Shades...my dogs are very nervous with loud noises especially thunder. I can usually drown out a lot of the sound by turning up my TV but then the TV goes out! I just try to hug them and be close.
I use to have a rug shampooer that I loved--it worked perfect but eventually it broke so I bought another by the same company and this one is a joke. It's hard to use and sure doesn't do nearly the job the old one did...sigh..new and better?? I think not.
You are so full of motivation it amazes me and always doing something. You even got me to do a little vacuuming but my arms hurt so badly it takes forever just for one room. I am looking forward to the help even if it costs me money I don't have. As my therapist said I have to make sacrifices sometimes.
The rain has been off and on with heavy storms for tonight--I'm ready for some drier weather now!

Old 06-05-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I understand Shades...my dogs are very nervous with loud noises especially thunder. I can usually drown out a lot of the sound by turning up my TV but then the TV goes out! I just try to hug them and be close.
I use to have a rug shampooer that I loved--it worked perfect but eventually it broke so I bought another by the same company and this one is a joke. It's hard to use and sure doesn't do nearly the job the old one did...sigh..new and better?? I think not.
You are so full of motivation it amazes me and always doing something. You even got me to do a little vacuuming but my arms hurt so badly it takes forever just for one room. I am looking forward to the help even if it costs me money I don't have. As my therapist said I have to make sacrifices sometimes.
The rain has been off and on with heavy storms for tonight--I'm ready for some drier weather now!
rught Cyn Those sacrifices really suck some times. I have put off buying glass for almost three years so I am totally due for some. And for all the hours entertainment I get from my glass projects it is well worth it. I consider I no longer have TV so that was 65 dollars a month no longer spent. It has been close to 10 months since hubby has been gone so I saved almost $650.00 right there. And I do not miss TV at all. I have not turned it on in months and honestly wish it would go away but then I think it is almost brand new and I have the VHS and DVD if I want to pick up movies at the library which I am not even doing. It stays light outside until almost 10 PM now so I am usually out in the yard, unless it storms. Then I need to get to bed.

OH the pain. UGH I forgot to take my meds last night and paying for it this morning. Hands are aching even after getting dishes done. I hope your shoulder begins to heal for you.

And the brand of carpet shampooer I bought years ago has had the same reviews. the new version is not nearly as good. I did have to replace the water tank for 11 dollars. It cracked a few years ago. So now I am off to finally use it. It was still pretty chilly out there when I went out to work on it and I go barefoot and just did not want to get cold. SO I stayed inside and paid bills and did more morning chores.Now it is just right out there.

And yes I have always been very busy. It is just my nature. And with all the animals it is a lot of work to keep the house clean. But they are worth it.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:30 PM

9,327 posts, read 16,679,302 times
I love to read about all your beloved animals. I have a dog who is certified for therapy. She is nine now but yesterday was a weepy day for both of us and she would come over and lay her head on our laps. She is the dog of my heart and I would be lost without her.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I love to read about all your beloved animals. I have a dog who is certified for therapy. She is nine now but yesterday was a weepy day for both of us and she would come over and lay her head on our laps. She is the dog of my heart and I would be lost without her.
Ellwood, I think I have a cat that would go nicely with your dog. She also needs therapy and I have worked so hard with her to turn her around. I think part of her troubles is she was bottle fed by me since she was just a couple days old. Mama took her kittens and moved them and left this one behind. I finally had to bring her in to care for. Maybe I did not slap her around like her mama would have done to give her manners. But she was so much my husbands cat. She loved him and he loved her and she did not dare be nasty to hin because he would slap her when she deserved it. I just can not do it.

And then she has her dog that she regularly beats up on. Poor guy but he adores her and licked the milk from her face when she was done with her bottle. So gently too. She marches him up and down the hallway every morning and he just follows her along. What a pair.

I think many of us get so attached to our animals. Even having so many I love each one of them.

Abby and Clancy.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/501856...posted-public/

Abby beating Clancy up.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/501856...posted-public/

Old 06-05-2017, 04:23 PM

I think my animals are my therapy. I don't know what I'd do without them! What kind of therapy is your dog certified for Ellwood? I have so much respect for those dogs and their owners.
Love the pictures Shades--thanks for the share!
Ellwood a big part of the discussions on this thread involve the people and their beloved animals. It shows how kind and gentle these people are with their fur-babies and how therapeutic our animals can be for us!
Bubba was doing so well and then today he started having the IBS symptoms again so I called the vet and he is back on the antibiotics and probiotics. Poor baby. I just hope he gets well eventually. I have heard IBS is very hard to heal from even for people. Just keeping him in my prayers!

Old 06-05-2017, 08:18 PM

Cyn so sorry Bubba is feeling puny today. I had IBS myself years ago after a big surgery and it took a long time to get it sorted out. The doctor put me on an anti spasmodic to help the pain. I do not remember the name of it. I was never given antibiotics for it. Wondering if you could get him to try a little milk kefir.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:42 AM

Not sure that would be good for him Shades....he seems to be okay when on antibiotics but I hate to have him on them for so long! He doesn't act sick but he has off and on diarrhea so that is what we are trying to get under control especially since he is a house dog.
At least it's not raining today--yes! I am going to get my hair done this afternoon so hopefully that will perk me up a bit. I think the weather and losing Little Boy has made this week difficult for me. I've been pretty down. So time to start moving forward once again!
Hope every has a lovely day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.