Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2017, 06:31 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,563,965 times

Advertisements

elston - please check in here! We need to know you are safe. We're leaving tomorrow afternoon for eastern Washington. Everyone stay safe!

Old 09-10-2017, 08:27 AM

48,337 posts, read 22,088,281 times
All is well here.....for now at least.

elko.....bon voyage and safe travels.

cyn......I think you're located out of harm's way

"may all creatures be peaceful and at ease"

Old 09-10-2017, 09:45 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,383,135 times
Thank you elston. Please stay safe my friend!
Elko, you have a safe trip!

Old 09-10-2017, 02:15 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,563,965 times
Thank you, elston. I'm glad you're safe!

We're underway to get out of here. Should be tomorrow, early afternoon. We are going to lease a 2,400 sq.ft. lodge in Manson, WA. It's beautiful! High-speed internet, 2 flat screen TV's, 2 bedrooms, access to a hot tub outside, ping pong table, large kitchen, all furnished. The internet, TV, electric, water-sewer-garbage are all included for a total rent monthly of $1,200. That is a great deal. It is an hour from my work in Wenatchee, but it was the only place that would allow our 4 pets. We are really grateful for this lease - now we can get on our way to our new life. I am really excited!

Everyone stay safe and enjoy the rest of your Sunday's!

Old 09-10-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Thank you, elston. I'm glad you're safe!

We're underway to get out of here. Should be tomorrow, early afternoon. We are going to lease a 2,400 sq.ft. lodge in Manson, WA. It's beautiful! High-speed internet, 2 flat screen TV's, 2 bedrooms, access to a hot tub outside, ping pong table, large kitchen, all furnished. The internet, TV, electric, water-sewer-garbage are all included for a total rent monthly of $1,200. That is a great deal. It is an hour from my work in Wenatchee, but it was the only place that would allow our 4 pets. We are really grateful for this lease - now we can get on our way to our new life. I am really excited!

Everyone stay safe and enjoy the rest of your Sunday's!
That is fantastic news!!!!!

And now my news is that Irma has come and now has gone and we survived. It was wicked scary and at the end it took fast action on my guys part to literally sweep the rising water away from 5 sliders....saving the family room master bedroom and kitchen from flooding. It was raining so hard....it couldnt drain and the lanai was flooded with rain water.

It has now passed and we are ok.

Good Night everyone

Safe travels elko and good luck in your new home and new job.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:53 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,568,547 times
Congrats, Elko! I've been to Manson, it's nice, right on Lake Chelan! We went there for a concert & met the nicest lady who runs a very clean dog kennel. She kenneled our dogs for next to nothing so we could attend the concert...our lodging did not allow dogs.

Oh, we finally got rain here...no smoke or ash for first time in a month...hope Eastern WA is the same.

Glad you are safe, elston!

Old 09-11-2017, 05:00 AM

I am beyond relief to hear from you elston. I can't imagine how scary it was. I am so happy your guy was able to save your home from flooding.
And elko...safe travels and am so happy you found that perfect home!
I was very happy to get a phone call from my step son last night. I know it was because this is the month his father, my DH, passed away. It felt good to have him remember me!
Today we are looking at rain and wind from Irma--nothing terrible but could cause power failures. I filled my bathtub with water and bought a 2 1/2 gallon water feeder for my dogs! They go through a lot of water! I own 2 flashlights but have several candles. Just praying we don't lose electricity!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 09-11-2017, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I am beyond relief to hear from you elston. I can't imagine how scary it was. I am so happy your guy was able to save your home from flooding.
And elko...safe travels and am so happy you found that perfect home!
I was very happy to get a phone call from my step son last night. I know it was because this is the month his father, my DH, passed away. It felt good to have him remember me!
Today we are looking at rain and wind from Irma--nothing terrible but could cause power failures. I filled my bathtub with water and bought a 2 1/2 gallon water feeder for my dogs! They go through a lot of water! I own 2 flashlights but have several candles. Just praying we don't lose electricity!
Have a blessed day everyone!
Stay safe cyn. The amount of tree limbs that are down on our cul de sac is amazing the street looks like a forest...and alll the drains are blocked so the street is underwater. Clean Up will take some time and lots of trucks and men with power saws.....but we are all safe. No complaints from me.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:25 AM

354 posts, read 422,831 times
Thank you for check in, Elston. The hurricane was not as bad as they predicted, thankfully. I heard of one death so far from the storm and hopefully no more. Governor Scott was in the news on a regular basis warning people to evacuate in the flooding zones and go to shelters or leave the state. How scary for all of you Floridians and I am so relieved to know your family and you are doing well and you were not harmed by the storm.

I believe in climate change and I study the oceans and climate change. It is real and it is too late to stop the most of what will come from it but it is not too late to make changes.

Happy Monday everyone.

Old 09-12-2017, 04:35 AM

Most of this storm has passed now...I just can't believe how much power it continues to have! The wind was bad and it rained so hard. I am so thankful we didn't get anything close to what those in Florida received!
We even still have electricity although there are thousands that don't! We are blessed!
My dogs don't even want to walk much..so that means several short walks I guess.
I hope everyone has a blessed day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning