Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 05:46 AM

48,210 posts, read 22,037,561 times

Advertisements

Good Morning. My DH had dental extractions on Tuesday and he is still having tenderness on both sides of his mouth...he had follow up with the dentist and he is healing .... no problem. It is a bit of a challenge for me to come up with menu items that he likes and that he can eat with minimal chewing.....I have been doing casseroles....but I know he really doesn't like casseroles......what he likes...he cant handle right now. Last night I resorted to Stouffer's frozen Salisbury steaks...he did eat them without difficulty.....but frozen dinners arent what either of us are used to.

One day at a time.....he is healing and will soon be back to near normal.

We are a bit overwhelmed with the news coming out of Puerto Rico and the rest of the islands in the Carribean. What those poor people are going thru is unimaginable. Our neighbors are from Puerto Rico and still have family there. We havent seen them since Maria hit Puerto Rico. I am wondering if there is air connection to San Juan....perhaps they went down to rescue family members.....I thnk they both have parents living there. My heart goes out to them.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:55 AM

50,406 posts, read 64,141,570 times
My daughter in law's family is all in Puerto Rico too, Elston. They all gathered at the grandparents casa which is well fortified, away from the water, and has a wine cellar. Finally, yesterday she was able to talk to someone. They have a generator and gas stove, so are getting along. No word on her brother and uncle's high rise apartments in San Juan. The people are safe, so that is the main thing.
All the rescuers and helpers are spread so thin, that recovery will take a lot longer for everyone.

Old 09-22-2017, 06:57 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,339,241 times
My brothers wife has family in Puerto Rico as well. They have been on my mind...still waiting to hear from them. I also feel terrible about what so many people are going through. Fires, hurricanes and earthquakes. So sad.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My daughter in law's family is all in Puerto Rico too, Elston. They all gathered at the grandparents casa which is well fortified, away from the water, and has a wine cellar. Finally, yesterday she was able to talk to someone. They have a generator and gas stove, so are getting along. No word on her brother and uncle's high rise apartments in San Juan. The people are safe, so that is the main thing.
All the rescuers and helpers are spread so thin, that recovery will take a lot longer for everyone.
So glad that the family is safe. That is the first good word I have heard coming out of PR

Old 09-22-2017, 10:00 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,520,607 times
Good morning, everyone! We're here. The only problem we had was when we tried to start our car it wouldn't. So we rolled the car off the tow dolly and unhooked the dolly from the U-Haul truck. Then called for a tow to Wenatchee Kia. Ended up being a broken ignition switch. Took several days for them to get the part but yesterday, day 6 of being here in central Washington, I picked up our car. I'm happy to have it back. Rented a '17 Dodge Grand Caravan GT minivan while our '11 Kia Soul was in the shop. Nice car but way too big for us.

Orientation was fun for the most part. One class, called Epic, was tough but I did well on the test and passed it.

I spent several hours at the Sleep Lab yesterday and it was fun to spend some time with my new Boss and another day shift employee. Also our Sleep Doctor gave a presentation at my first employee meeting and he's an interesting fellow. Really seems like a hard worker - I think that once we get settled in here I'm going to really enjoy this job.

The 2,200 sq.ft. house is gorgeous. A hot tub is included but the handyman needs to install a part for it to work. That will be great to enjoy a dip in the hot tub after work.

Hope you're all doing well. Sorry it took so long but life has been crazy the past several days! The actual U-Haul move went well. Glad to be here in my home state.

My older sister needs a visit from me. She lives in Bothell, WA. She is the one who was in a horrible wreck in 1972 and was in a coma with a mechanical ventilator breathing for her. Neurological damage which resulted in some loss of motor skills. I love her so much!

Old 09-22-2017, 10:23 AM

Hurray! Elko and family have a home and he has a job. I have been waiting and watching for this good news. Whew! Now I can rest easier. I was sure it would all work out.........but the long wait.....was difficult for all of us.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:34 AM

Yes! You have been blessed elko! So happy to hear from you! Prayers being sent to your sister!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 09-23-2017 at 05:11 AM..

Old 09-23-2017, 09:57 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,520,607 times
Good morning. I feel spoiled to be complaining about this, but our wifi service isn't working. I don't know enough about wifi to know how to fix it, but I sent a text to our rental Manager and asked if she knows anything about it. I drove down to Wenatchee yesterday to get a USB wireless adapter at Office Depot so I could hook up my desktop to it, but I need a good, consistent wifi feed I can count on to be able to do that. So I'm going to work on that project today.

Hope everyone is doing well today. NVPlumber - are you doing OK? Thanks for caring, elston and cyn. I will keep coming to this site and participating, let's keep it going for those who need the support. Have good Saturdays, everyone!

Old 09-23-2017, 08:41 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,545,150 times
Elko, welcome back to WA! We just returned from Yellowstone, where we were caught in a freak "winter weather" snowstorm, makes me glad to live in milder weather! Hope you like Wenatchee, connect with me on the Washington forum if you want...maybe we & spouses can now meet up, time permitting.

I'm leaving this forum, goodbye & good luck to all!

Old 09-24-2017, 04:53 AM

Thanks elko! Right now I feel the need to visit here for support if nothing else! Good by Marcia and thank you for you posts of support! You will be missed!
Have a blessed day everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.