Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2017, 01:25 PM

50,388 posts, read 64,050,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
I am glad you found it to be so , cyn. I just got a hateful DM about that message. I know you cant please everybody....but it is hurtful when someone anonymously attacks your best intentions. It has to be one of a very small number of posters on this thread.

I am sorry that I offended someone. I will probably lie low for awhile.

elston - that message wasn't from me. Just wanted you ta know - I loved that part of yours about the deer. I think your post helps us to relax and ponder those dear souls.
Me neither, Elston. I love your philosophical side.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:48 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,381,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am glad you found it to be so , cyn. I just got a hateful DM about that message. I know you cant please everybody....but it is hurtful when someone anonymously attacks your best intentions. It has to be one of a very small number of posters on this thread.

I am sorry that I offended someone. I will probably lie low for awhile.
Holy Cow!!! What could any one find bad about that post. It was beautiful and I loved it. I swear some people just have a little black rain cloud following them around wherever they go and they want it to rain on everyone else. And anonymous no less.

Good luck on your surgery cyn. You'll be glad you did it after you get all healed up. You have great friends and neighbors to help you out and for that you are truly blessed. I've had two major abdominal surgeries in the last two years and my poor neighbor came and did my grocery shopping, took me to doctor appointments, and took care of all my critters......which includes six dogs, two mules, a mare, two cats and several chickens. I'm sure she's slated for sainthood.

Old 12-02-2017, 04:00 AM

48,159 posts, read 22,020,175 times
Good Morning. New Day, New Month.

Ricky Nelson sang a song "Garden Party'. The chorus was, "But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well. You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself"

Old 12-02-2017, 05:13 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,326,647 times
There you go elston! My dear positive friend is back to himself! You have your opinions and I for one appreciate them!
I am looking forward to having this day at home so I can get some things done around here before my friend arrives. Can't do a lot but even a little here and there will be nice! I am even finding work difficult--raising my right arm to tear off the register receipt. It's so weird how fast my shoulder has deteriorated. I waited long enough and at least I will get it taken care of before it is to late to get it repaired.
Looks like a bit of a drizzle today but not to cold. We need the rain!
Hope everyone enjoys their day today and may you all be blessed!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 12-02-2017 at 06:39 AM..

Old 12-02-2017, 09:29 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,507,348 times
Ricky Nelson sang a song "Garden Party'. The chorus was, "But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well. You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself"

I think this is really true and it can apply to different things - material and spiritual, too. You have to guide your own ship and you are also responsible for whatever you take on - cars, animals, etc. I hate it when I hear that people have abandoned animals out in the wilderness because they don't want them any more. For whatever reason they no longer want the animal. You don't just abandon them. That is so cruel!

Everyone have a great Saturday today!

Old 12-03-2017, 04:23 AM

Not sure if I will be going to church today. There are so many germs floating around and I sure don't need to get sick before my surgery. Still thinking it over. I did a few errands and cleaned my cats water fountains but then spent the rest of my time basically in bed. It was cold and drizzly out so I just felt better in bed! I'm sure a part of that is depression from the pain in my shoulder and not being able to do much now. Be so happy to have this over and done. Soon......
Have a lovely day everyone.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:32 AM

48,159 posts, read 22,020,175 times
Good Morning.

You beat me to posting this morning cyn...but only by a couple of minutes. Staying home and in bed sounds like a good idea...you have our permission to skip church this morning and to take care of yourself.

I will be attending my meeting later. It is our pot luck dinner today and I look forward to that. I made a "Tzimmes" which is a Jewish vegetable and fruit stew sort of. Sweet potatoes and carrots and dry apple and prunes and cherries in an orange and lemon and honey sauce with cinnomon.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:16 AM

815 posts, read 982,712 times
cyn, I hope you decided to stay home today and not expose yourself to any nasty germs. No need to take any unnecessary risks with your health. I am sure you get exposed to plenty when you are working.

Sometimes it's perfectly acceptable to stay warm and cozy in bed, especially when it is cold and drizzly. My moods are definitely affected by the weather.

Elston, your "Tzimmes" sounds very yummy!

Old 12-03-2017, 09:27 AM

Thanks Molly and elston--I did stay home but I feel a little lost with out my weekly church. I have a feeling this is going to be a very long 10 days ahead. I am very sad but I think that is normal. My friend is stopping by later so that will perk me up! I just have to keep positive and know my arm will appreciate the fix!

Old 12-04-2017, 04:58 AM

I woke up to my remote control not working for my dish tv. Now to figure out how to get someone out here to replace it and reset it between my work hours. Just another thing to get done.
Had a nice visit with my friend yesterday. It was nice seeing her. She is the one who let my DH and I stay at her home for 3 months when we first moved here. Very sweet person.
Work this afternoon. I am concerned because it is getting harder and harder to do even simple things. Guess I can only do my best!
Hope all have a blessed day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.