Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 07:18 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,322,780 times

Advertisements

My bad, I forgot to send my congratulations too elko! Such good positive news!

Old 03-26-2018, 08:16 AM

911 posts, read 262,733 times
Good morning all........I hope your days go well

Old 03-26-2018, 08:31 AM

48,156 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo View Post
Good morning all........I hope your days go well
Good Morning Bambo.........I dont think I have met you before.....Nice to make your acquaintance.

Old 03-26-2018, 09:35 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
It was great to come on line and find my friends are counting their blessings. Congratulations on the closing on your house elko....I am so happy for you.

Thanks, elston!

My bad, I forgot to send my congratulations too elko! Such good positive news!

Thanks, cyn. It's going to be busy for the next week - closing on Friday, the Memorial of Christ's Death is observed on Saturday night, resting as much as possible next Sunday, then moving out of our storage unit on Monday, signing up for utilities this week and early next week, on and on it goes.

Enjoy your your Monday's!

Old 03-26-2018, 11:13 AM

Oh my so busy elko--but it will all be worth it!
Good morning to you too Bambo. Like elston I don't know that we've met but it is nice to read your post and have you join our little group here.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:49 PM

911 posts, read 262,733 times
Well thank you so much

Its nice to read your large thread!

Old 03-27-2018, 04:28 AM

Thank you Bambo! This thread has been a life line for so many grieving people--I know it has made a big difference for me! I come here first thing every morning to enjoy my friends! Life has changed so much since the loss of my husband that I found myself very lonely but when I come here everyone has done so much to help each other it's been amazing! I hope you continue to visit and enjoy a wonderful group of people!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 03-27-2018, 05:39 AM

48,156 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Good Morning Friends.

Today looks like a quiet day for me.

This weekend looks busy with the Passover Seder Supper on Saturday. we are invited to our neighbors again this year. I dont think they are having other guests this year...but she does always observe the holiday and knows that it has meaningful memories for me so invites us over. Then Sunday is Easter....and although Quakers don't celebrate holidays...it is the first Sunday of the month which is when we have a potluck dinner "at the rise of meeting" to build community. I always enjoy that and enjoy cooking something to bring. This sunday I am planning to bring a Jewish festival dish..."luxion kugel" or noodle pudding. This isnt a passover dish as it isnt kosher for passover, but it is delicious and festive....so for Easter it will be perfect.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:11 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,505,022 times
Saturday night we observe the Memorial of Christ's Death. Many from our community are invited to come to the Kingdom Hall for the first time. It is the single most important event of the year for us - my wife and I will attend and our animals will all be inside our new house! New to us, anyway. We can't wait to move in and to observe this event. We're getting excited - this morning we meet for the last time with our mortgage broker to "validate" our income and "prove" we're mortgage-ready.

The animals are all doing as well as can be expected. The Chow is healthy as a horse and strong and beautiful as ever. The Pomeranian still has his issue with tracheal cough, otherwise his appetite is strong and he's doing well with his hypothyroidism. The grey blind cat is doing fine and our orange tabby cat is still going nuts - we can't wait to get to our new place and "release him" into the neighborhood. Hopefully there's no goofy mean people in the hood who will try and shoot him or anything, yikes. It doesn't look like a redneck type of neighborhood where that would happen, but I suppose you never know.

Good Tuesday's to ya'all!

Old 03-27-2018, 02:56 PM

There are some pretty mean people out in this world elko as you know so keep an eye on your outside kitty. I always made sure my outside kitties were in at night. Happy to hear all is going so well for you and yours!
Elston enjoy your dinner. Sounds delish!
I got everything done today--amazing. 3 small Easter baskets bought and filled for the grand children here and sent off 2 Easter cards to CA with a little something in them for those grand children. I got the emissions test done and took my car down and got the tags! Even went to the bank to get some cash out and to the store to get a few groceries. I sent the kids cards at the PO on my way home. Now I'm getting ready to go to a store meeting tonight. Not thrilled about it being at night but it's the only time we have. I will walk my dogs before I go so hopefully even though the time is all off they should be okay at least for a few hours. I will be very cautious about the deer everywhere here! My portable electric heater cord was very hot today when I unplugged it--that has me concerned. May need a new heater. It has been used for quite awhile now. I never leave it on when I am not at home. But I still don't need a problem!
Time to walk the dogs so everyone enjoy you evening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.