Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 10:26 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,581,832 times

Advertisements

I wonder if Cyn and BuBu are doing well. I havent seen her in 2 days here.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:06 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,383,135 times
Thanks for thinking of us Maila. We're okay. It's very cold and tonight is another grief meeting. Not sure if I'm up to it but that really doesn't matter it has to be done. I've been out in the shop going through so many racing pictures---really tears on my heart even though I myself was not much of a race fan just knowing how much my DH loved it made it difficult. I'm looking for those pictures for that family whose daddy was killed in a race car wreck when they were very small children. He was my DH's best friend. I found several pictures, a trophy and 3 albums all about him and will continue looking tomorrow. I have a lot of things for them now to figure out the best way to get it to them for the best price. She said she would pay but there are some pretty big items so maybe some race guys will be going that way soon and can take it with them. Will have to check around. Time to go....I have discovered I am more sad then depressed...sounds weird but there really is a difference. Talk about that later.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:35 AM

Last night was our last Hospice grief session I do enjoy being around everyone but time to move on now. The church still has theirs but am considering stopping that one as I feel I do understand what grief is about now and it is time to start taking those small but meaningful steps towards a new life and I just feel a person can get even more down being to involved around others who are down. One lady I met on our Boone adventure a few months back is going with me to some kind of sea world in the Concord Mills on one of these Saturday evenings. She said she'd drive and we're inviting another woman from my grief group. Just getting out and doing something! It's a start! I get out everyday as a rule even if it's just to the post office at least it is out. I normally stop by the store also to pick up a few things so I do get around people and out from the house for an hour or two. Right now that is all I need. Hope all is well with everyone!

Old 01-30-2015, 06:02 AM

48,338 posts, read 22,088,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Last night was our last Hospice grief session I do enjoy being around everyone but time to move on now. The church still has theirs but am considering stopping that one as I feel I do understand what grief is about now and it is time to start taking those small but meaningful steps towards a new life and I just feel a person can get even more down being to involved around others who are down. One lady I met on our Boone adventure a few months back is going with me to some kind of sea world in the Concord Mills on one of these Saturday evenings. She said she'd drive and we're inviting another woman from my grief group. Just getting out and doing something! It's a start! I get out everyday as a rule even if it's just to the post office at least it is out. I normally stop by the store also to pick up a few things so I do get around people and out from the house for an hour or two. Right now that is all I need. Hope all is well with everyone!

You are doing so well.....moving up, out and on. You are amazing grace and just incredible.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:24 AM

1,078 posts, read 1,421,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
To my dearest angels, friends and other caregivers from my former thread in the caregivers thread. It is time for me to move on from that thread as I am no longer a caregiver...sigh... Now I am trying to pick up the pieces and facing those emotions of grief. As I wake up each day I pray it will be easier but I suppose I am asking for to much to soon. Each day seems harder as I wander through my home with only my critters to talk to. Through the caregivers thread I have met the most caring loving people anyone could imagine. It has given me so much more faith in the human race. I honestly do not think I could have made it through this without their constant support and love. I would not be able to recognize them if I saw them on the street but I know their hearts! So now I will walk this new road and try to find myself. I so pray my friends will continue to walk with me. I also hope this thread will help others who may not wish to post but just read this thread and will get some strength and direction from this thread. Sometimes a person just needs to see they are not alone in their situation and it helps. We help each other!
Hi Wildkat,

After seeing this thread for awhile, I figure it's time to reach out to you, because you're not alone. My brother passed on the same day as my uncle Raymond passed the year before, my brother passed this past Jan 3rd, at a fairly young age of (57) it was sudden and a shock, but he was surrounded by family and friends that loved him as we we're all together just a few nights before, he sailed into the next world quietly in his sleep and at peace, we should all be so lucky when that time comes for us all.

Having said this, we have the memories of good times, family and friends over the years that will always be with us.

The happy times can never be replaced, we live our lives going forward with their memories in our hearts and minds.

As a caregiver, been there as well, the meds every morning, breakfast, lunch and dinner, the trips to the Doctors office, but we we're happy as can be during trying times. my Mother in-law actually was able to go insulin free after the years of quality care and was down to taking some pills for her sugar.

I have a suggestion for you if I may, I've talked to a few other good people, who themselves went through some tough times, some found a new beginning doing volunteer work, they were very happy they did because they found it very rewarding helping others and at the same time helping themselves. A perfect fit moving forward.

So, keep the faith, be proud of yourself for staying strong and standing by your loved ones in a time of need every step of the way.

Truly a blessing.

Stay happy in your skin and smile again, you surely deserve it. God Bless.

Thank you
Knight

Old 01-30-2015, 08:52 AM

Thank you elston, how sweet you are!
And thank you Knight. Right now I need to make $$ to live on but I have full intentions of doing volunteer work. I already did some but it was to far for me to drive my gas guzzling truck so selling the truck is one more job to get a small economical car without payments! You are a blessing to those you have been a caregiver for. You are special!

Old 01-30-2015, 09:51 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,581,832 times
You know Cyn, I dont know what you look like and all but when I think of you, i have this vision in my head. You are tall, shoulder length hair, zooming past the fields in your bicycle, laughing like a little 6 year old. One day, i hope to see that you! You are doing excellent.

Oh by the way, when you have some time and mood, try making a dream catcher and put it on your bed! Its supposed to filter out scary dreams.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:08 PM

My hair use to be very long but of course the older I got the shorter it got and now it's around my neck--chin. Funny cause I do love riding a bicycle but it will take some time to get back into shape and the weather has got to warm up a bit. I hope you see me like that too Maila..that is in my prayers!

Old 01-31-2015, 01:05 PM

I am having a heck of a time getting on to ebay??? Not sure what the problem is but I sure hope it isn't just my problem. I went to bed early as usual last night but was cold to the core and I had a really horrible headache--just could not get warm so I turned up my electric blanket and even turned on the portable heater. I fell fast asleep and woke up at 10pm sicker then a dog. Not sure what it was but I was up and down all night but feel okay today other then being tired. Must have been something I ate. I'm just taking it pretty easy today. Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday!

Old 01-31-2015, 02:16 PM

Got on finally but now I'm feel sick again...sure hope it isn't the flu!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning