Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 11:31 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,316,787 times

Advertisements

I got my electric bill--$13.00? I went out and looked at the meter and it isn't turning so I called the electric company and they said they'd have to do an adjustment by what I used last year at this time--I was with my DH and he was on all kinds of electric medical equipment--the electric has been changed to my name a couple of months ago--I don't know what they are going to do now. Oh well guess I'll find out. They said they came out in Jan and did a meter adjustment----I think that is when I called and told them it was falling off the building...anyhow that has to be when it got messed up so I suppose they can look at my usage then? I sure hope it isn't a lot. One more thing to worry about. That man still hasn't come by--tried to get some things out for him to consider buying. Don't know what he really is looking for--he's basically coming for my license plates my DH collected but said he may be interested in other things. I'm stressing today so think I'll go outside and brush BuBu.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:12 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,798 times
Cyn do you nap during afternoons? maybe it will refresh you to rest a bit after lunch?

Old 02-11-2015, 12:57 PM

No Maila---but eating is a good idea! I have been so stressed I forgot that!
I was thinking....I did ask God for his help with the money situation and then I thought, wow...he turned off my electric meter--that's great! Ha! Yeah, I know, God didn't turn off the meter but sometimes I get a little weird when I get panic. But God will guide me through this--I just talked to the Chaplin from Hospice and he assured me God would be here by my side! Yes!

Old 02-11-2015, 12:59 PM

What I would like to know is why I get so panicked over things I have no control over and that would have never bothered me before--at least not to this extent! I suppose it's partially because I am the sole person to take care of everything here now and have never been in that situation. It is a scary place. One step at a time.....

Old 02-11-2015, 01:38 PM

We are human beings Cyn, and also women. Perfect combination to panic! You are doing wonderful. It wouldn't have occurred to me to call the electric meter guys. You did good.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:51 PM

That man came by but didn't buy anything--he did suggest that once I decide what I want to keep and what I want to sell let him know and he will come up with a truck and take it to where he does auctions. He'd get 20% and that would be worth him picking it all up to me. He Said the big things like the metal racks, metal work tables and Snap on tool chest would be the big movers. He also mentioned some of the fishing equipment but most of that is already gone now anyhow. He seems honest so with a little time maybe I will be able to get it to that point and then it will be done! He even mentioned he knew a guy who may be interested in my husbands vintage parts books....I thought those were so special but not on ebay! :-( The only things I need here is a ladder, my ride on mower with the trailer and ramp, a few basic tools, and really that's about it. A few yard tools and the weeder I'll keep to but most other things are to heavy for me to use anyhow. The young couple who help me so much in the house behind me---he came by today and stacked all of the computers on shelves......took my mail in for me today and so if there is anything they can use I'll just let them use it when they want to or if I can't use it and they can I'll give it to them. He was cute today, he said he is cooking up some wild bore and rabbit and wondered if I'd be interested in some...I just smiled and said I don't eat much meat and if I do it's a steak or fish. He knows how I am but he was sweet to offer.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:02 PM

So it's another lovely weather day--took BuBu for a walk but he didn't eat his breakfast. Hmmm. I did give him a doggie cookie and he ate that so I guess I shouldn't worry to much. Maybe he just isn't hungry and anyhow I have to cut back on his treats. He gets way to many! They are low fat but he's getting spoiled I think. I have a lot to get done today with listing, only one package to send and it's a very small amount of money but I did sell some fishing items to my neighbors a bit ago so that will make up for the lost online sales today! Not much but it was more then I had yesterday! I feel like a cat on a hot tin roof for some reason...guess lots on my mind.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:17 PM

Can on the hot tin roof? Whats that Cyn? I didnt understand the expression.
Good to know you sold a few items today.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:52 PM

48,146 posts, read 22,010,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
Can on the hot tin roof? Whats that Cyn? I didnt understand the expression.
Good to know you sold a few items today.

cat on a hot tin roof" comes from a play by the same name by Tennessee Williams.....Elizabeth taylor played "Maggie" and described herself as feeling like a cat on a hot tin roof.....meaning unsettled, ancy, ready to jump, but not sure where....

Old 02-12-2015, 02:20 PM

Elston,Thanks for explaining that to Maila...I doubt I could have said it better. I also have a horrible headache--probably weather related or maybe just stress. Anyhow..I'm going to attempt to take a short nap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning