Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2018, 07:06 PM

9,438 posts, read 11,191,727 times

Advertisements

Second opinion is IMO never a bad idea. Some hospitals provide that option at no cost.

Good luck and God bless.

Old 10-21-2018, 06:21 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,511,797 times
cyn - I would get a 2nd opinion, especially if you can get it at no cost. My warmest wishes are going out to you, I consider you my online friend and I'm very sorry about this diagnosis. Know that we're all pulling for you and we want you to get the best care available.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:05 AM

354 posts, read 416,752 times
Cynn, wonderful advice thus far. My suggestion would be eat a organic diet to whole foods, legumes, fruits, vegetables, grains. Avoid sugar, caffeine and alcohol. A plant based diet with also eating beans and a little soy for protein and drink filtered water. No meat. No junk food. These foods will strengthen your immune system. Multi vitamin, vit. D and vit K.

I listened today on radio about a woman who came down with breast cancer twice, it spread to her liver and lungs. She was give six to nine months to live. There was a place in Northern Georgia she went to for 10 days $2500 and they did hydro therapy on her and she ate a plant based diet. The first six months her cancer markers were high but by month nine her cancer markers were way down. Her Doctor refused to work with her because she had decided not to do the chemo route. This was around 1993. Her husband and her opened up a clinic. I wrote down her website, I will provide it for you. Her routine today is walk a few miles a day outside, sunshine is important, drink plenty of water and keep hydrated and she eats a plant based food diet and NO STRESS!!

My friend went to see a Cardiologist and he told her she needed a three way by pass, for years she was having problems with the incision pulling on her chest and she moved and saw a new Cardiologist and the saddest part, her heart operation was unnecessary. Always get a second opinion.

Old 10-21-2018, 07:08 PM

354 posts, read 416,752 times
httpshttps://www.lifestyletherapeutix.com
/://www.facebook.com/donna.greengoodman/videos/10213306426596824/

I hope you can follow these two links, I was mistaken she had cancer once. She has you tube recipes. If you need to talk to someone there is a number you can phone.

I hope you have family and friend's that are willing to be with you when you see the Doctor.

Last edited by Granite60; 10-21-2018 at 07:27 PM..

Old 10-22-2018, 04:03 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,331,738 times
Nice of you all to have ideas and be thinking about me. As of now I am sticking to my original plan of my doctor here for the treatments with a a second opinion from a doctor at USC. And lots of praying!

Old 10-22-2018, 11:21 AM

14,965 posts, read 12,181,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Nice of you all to have ideas and be thinking about me. As of now I am sticking to my original plan of my doctor here for the treatments with a a second opinion from a doctor at USC. And lots of praying!
Good plan Cyn.

All the varied suggestions are well meaning, for sure, but they make for lots of confusion as they're more or less generalizations and may not apply to you or your situation at all.

Though as I read them, I see Germaine has made a lot of excellent suggestions as to managing the vicissitudes of your illness-including the second opinion, and getting the help of the social workers, (or patient advocates, whatever their titles are) attached to the clinics/hospitals or other healthcare facilities you will use for any help you need, whatever it is, that is why they are there and they will welcome you.

Also, you're entitled to explanations of exactly what is happening to you, the treatments, reassurance that you will be taken care of, and the details of your progress. There are people there who can do all this and to whom you can direct any questions ( and remember, there really are NO stupid questions) you may have. This will ease your fears and doubts, not that you won't still be scared, at least some times, but knowing where you are helps.

And never forget how much you are loved and respected-that's obvious from your description of the people around you, your friends and family, and your online friends. Youve got a lot of ongoing support, and continued prayers and positive energy.

And just as an aside, I hope Elston is doing well with his recouperation from he knee replacment. It's a painful recovery, from what I hear, but he's on the right side of that journey with the surgery behind him. Continued prayers and good thoughts for him too.

Old 10-22-2018, 02:28 PM

48,178 posts, read 22,026,263 times
I am just home following total knee replacement surgery, I am overwhelmed with re entry into my home life and this news from cyn is not what we had been hoping for.

Cyn....I wont even try to give medical advice.....but I will be holding you in prayer and in "the light of God".

In the next several days I will be better able to respond. For now....try to hold the reins on the fear factor and listen to and follow the doctors recommendations.

Travelassie...thank you for your good thoughts and prayers. I think the worst of the pain is in the past now.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:03 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,777,968 times
Welcome home and welcome back. Just remember it takes time to heal.

Keep your knee iced and elevated.

Continued prayers for you and Cyn. I'm burning a candle for all who are suffering.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:05 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,331,738 times
So happy to hear from elston! Now take the time to heal my friend.
My girlfriend is really helping me get some things done like getting so food stamps hopefully. Every bit helps. There is no financial aid here in the state-county. If I had 6 kids it would be no problem! Maybe once I get things under control I can get a job.That will depend on how well I handle those treatments! We may check into unemployment too.
I am getting excited to see my daughter--that's about the only good thing out of all of this!
Came home yesteray to a flooded bathroom--ugh! The water heather had to be replaced. Never ending but I am blessed it happened before I was gone to CA. God is good. Hope you all have a blessed day!

Old 10-23-2018, 06:40 AM

48,178 posts, read 22,026,263 times
Good Morning cyn. I am glad to hear that you are going to California and will be with your daughter.

I just had to write a sad message to my sister in law who was just diagnosed with end stage CA.....she has been fighting it for the past 4 or 5 years....but at this point she said she is ready to say good bye and Hospice has been called. She is older than me....not a youngster like you.

There is altogether too much sadness in the world.

Be well dear friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.