Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2019, 10:11 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,517,390 times

Advertisements

Thanks for checking in and for all of your advice and caring, elston. I wish you well on in to the future, as well as everyone else on this thread!

Old 04-17-2019, 01:22 PM

2,113 posts, read 3,019,551 times
RIP Cyn. You are missed...

Old 04-17-2019, 01:53 PM

458 posts, read 611,995 times
I am saddened but also not surprised by the news! I began lurking Kathy’s thread while she was caring for her ailing husband. When he passed and this thread was formed I personally faced an extremely difficult time in my life and marriage. That time was particularly dark for me and I came here because it was therapeutic in a way to “share” in grief even though no one had physically died in my family.
I felt it was remiss of me both as a Christian and as someone who fed daily of Kathy’s strength to keep moving to not give back especially as she was a widow so I spoke to my husband and reached out to her so that we could send her whatever we could to help financially. I’d never done anything of the sort to a stranger( not even one month later my husband received an unexpected bonus from work...so God blessed our seed).
I reached out to Kathy in January to let her know she was being prayed for and suspected that her call to glory may come soon!
I also tear as I write this! I can only hope my own living can positively affect someone the way Kathy has affected me!
RIP Kathy

Old 04-17-2019, 03:24 PM

815 posts, read 984,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell-the-Truth View Post
I am saddened but also not surprised by the news! I began lurking Kathy’s thread while she was caring for her ailing husband. When he passed and this thread was formed I personally faced an extremely difficult time in my life and marriage. That time was particularly dark for me and I came here because it was therapeutic in a way to “share” in grief even though no one had physically died in my family.
I felt it was remiss of me both as a Christian and as someone who fed daily of Kathy’s strength to keep moving to not give back especially as she was a widow so I spoke to my husband and reached out to her so that we could send her whatever we could to help financially. I’d never done anything of the sort to a stranger( not even one month later my husband received an unexpected bonus from work...so God blessed our seed).
I reached out to Kathy in January to let her know she was being prayed for and suspected that her call to glory may come soon!
I also tear as I write this! I can only hope my own living can positively affect someone the way Kathy has affected me!
RIP Kathy
Thank you for sharing this. And thank you for reaching out to Kathy in her time of need.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:06 PM

32,967 posts, read 36,456,285 times
I came here to stop thinking about my losses. I might be able to help someone.

I'll never forget the night that I posted about being sad about my mom's death. Someone responded about 15 minutes later. That meant a great deal to me.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:53 AM

13,410 posts, read 28,766,162 times
I am very saddened to read this. RIP Cyn, I hope you know how much you touched our lives and helped us through our grief.

Granite, Thank you for reaching out and letting us know.

Elston I wish all the best for you.

Old 04-18-2019, 03:19 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,227,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
tamiznluv.....I didnt mean for it to sound as if those who didnt send me a message were less than thoughtful. It was my responsibility to try to keep up with the thread or not. I had stopped going to the thread because it me worrying and wondering.....and it wasnt healthy. But no one did anything wrong!
Oh, my dear elston, don't feel that! That's not why I made my post, nor did it even pass through my mind!

Peace, my friend.

Old 04-18-2019, 04:18 PM

48,198 posts, read 22,035,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Oh, my dear elston, don't feel that! That's not why I made my post, nor did it even pass through my mind!

Peace, my friend.
Peace and Love and Happy Easter.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:37 PM

21,572 posts, read 8,747,707 times
Another lurker checking in. I've been following cyn since she first started posting about her husband's ALS. I just wanted to say that she was a lovely person, caring and generous, and I was saddened to learn of her death.

I looked at some of her old posts as I was wondering when she first started posting about what we now know were symptoms of the disease that ultimately claimed her. A little more than a year ago, she started complaining of feeling "off," tired and having little appetite. Once she mentioned waking up and feeling dizzy. At the time she attributed these symptoms to stress and - being the generous soul that she was - worried more about her dogs and cats than herself.

Another thing I learned is that today is her birthday. Happy Birthday, Kathy, and thanks for giving so unselfishly of yourself and doing more good than you could ever know.

Old 04-18-2019, 06:07 PM

48,198 posts, read 22,035,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Another lurker checking in. I've been following cyn since she first started posting about her husband's ALS. I just wanted to say that she was a lovely person, caring and generous, and I was saddened to learn of her death.

I looked at some of her old posts as I was wondering when she first started posting about what we now know were symptoms of the disease that ultimately claimed her. A little more than a year ago, she started complaining of feeling "off," tired and having little appetite. Once she mentioned waking up and feeling dizzy. At the time she attributed these symptoms to stress and - being the generous soul that she was - worried more about her dogs and cats than herself.

Another thing I learned is that today is her birthday. Happy Birthday, Kathy, and thanks for giving so unselfishly of yourself and doing more good than you could ever know.
'

Thank You for your post and your reminder of cyn's birthday, and of all the good she did for so many over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning