Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 05:39 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times

Advertisements

I'm going, two friends of mine are going to help me with the money, I still can't believe how much I'm cracking up. I was at work today wiring a panel and just started tearing up. On the train hone I had to keep fighting the urge, I don't get it , I mean we never talked all that much. I guess I just never had someone close like that die. My sister in law posted the article, so I'm going to look up greyhound and go spend new years with my mom and his wife and kids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 07:10 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
I'm sorry, dude. That's awful news to get over the holidays.

I'm glad you're going out there and your boss is supportive.

If you can, think of some stories you can tell your nieces and nephews about their dad from when you were kids. I'm almost 40 and I still love listening to my relatives' stories from their youth.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:24 PM

The oldest is 10 so not sure about the stories I could tell, unless I tell them about the time he rammer my head threw his wall

Old 12-21-2015, 07:25 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
The oldest is 10 so not sure about the stories I could tell, unless I tell them about the time he rammer my head threw his wall

Maybe not that one

Old 12-21-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Maybe not that one
he was and still is a big wrestling fan, even had several shows he started on cable access tv. Maybe the time my mom accidentally ran his foot over with the Cadillac

Old 12-21-2015, 09:09 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I'm glad your going. I do feel it is best that you be with your family right now. I think you would have regretted it, if your did not make this trip. Your tearing up because he was your brother and you grew up together. You may have lived miles apart, and your lives took different paths. However what those tears really mean, is that you were closer than you ever knew. His death is a very sudden passing and that hurts. I'm sure your brother would have been very happy, to know you made this trip for him. I'm sure he will know you are there. Your family definitely will be very happy your there for them.

So be with your family in this difficult time, and have a safe and peaceful trip. When you have time let us all know, how you and your family are doing. Best Wishes

Old 12-21-2015, 09:15 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Hello, I've only posted before in the p&oc section of this site but have been on here for a few years now. I got a call from my mom last night that my brother had passed away, he was it by a car in a parking lot while walking home in Duluth,MN it's been suspected that the driver may have been under the influence of pills at the time. Since I found out last night I have been off and on crying. We really weren't that close but yet I still catch myself thinking of him. He had 5 kids and I do want to mgo out there but as of right now I don't have the funds for it. And I just started a new job so I don't even have time off. As much as I might want to go out there I don't want to meet my nieces and nephews for the first time like this. I know it's still early and it's normal for grieving but does it lessen? I'm sitting at the laundromat and I just started tearing up, even though I'm trying to listen to uplifting music I just can't seem to hold it together

Our sympathies for your tragic loss. Just remember to breath in and out try and eat properly as often as you can and cry when you need to.
This is a tough time right now and your process of moving toward starting to heal has just begun.
If you cannot afford to go to MN then don't go, I bet your Brother would understand.
If you believe, say a prayer and light a candle.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:56 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
I'm so sorry. Even though you didn't talk to your brother often, he was still your brother. I was going to suggest that you try to go, even though you can't afford it. You won't regret going.

I think if you didn't go, you would quite possibly regret it for years. Your mother will need your support also. Losing a child, no matter how old they are, is a devastating time for a parent.

Go out and meet your nieces and nephews. They will appreciate you being there for them in their time of loss. (HUGS)

Old 12-22-2015, 09:38 PM

652 posts, read 874,190 times
I understand this is a grief, mourning and loss forum. You have a brother who has five children and you have never met them at any point in their lives and the oldest is 10 years of age? I think your first instinct may be correct which is to stay away from the family.

How can readers here say if you do not go you may regret it for years if you do not go?

As a reader I think we need more clarification as to the relationship with your family members.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:26 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley View Post
I understand this is a grief, mourning and loss forum. You have a brother who has five children and you have never met them at any point in their lives and the oldest is 10 years of age? I think your first instinct may be correct which is to stay away from the family.

How can readers here say if you do not go you may regret it for years if you do not go?

As a reader I think we need more clarification as to the relationship with your family members.
It's his brother. They had the same parents and grew up in the same house. There are plenty of shared memories. You don't have to be in the same room with someone to have a relationship with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning