Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 06:14 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,688,012 times

Advertisements

So sorry for your loss Harry.

I have not lost many loved ones at all in my life, but my DH has lost many loved ones. He has lost so many that he doesn't deal well with it at all.
Recently, in 2015, he lost 2 good friends and his father. It totally messed his emotions up, and his job being super stressful, made him all the more vulnerable. He has not taken the time to grieve for their passing yet.

Anyway, I had met him not too long after his fiance had passed at age 46. I had never met her. But she has always been a part of our lives. I understand and accept that.

He had a health crisis back in 2012. He at that point, feared he wouldn't make it through the night, and was distraught.
Well, he got calmed down enough to sleep that night, finally.
She came to me in a dream, to speak with him. In my dream, they went to a separate room and closed the door. DH's great nephew, a child, was in my dream also. He would pass between the two rooms, updating me.
The next morning, I asked him if he had dreamed of her. He said yes, but couldn't explain it. But he said he felt more peaceful.
I explained to him my very vivid dream of what occurred. He said.."yes, that was it!", and asked me what she had said.
I explained that it was not for me to know their conversation. It was for him only to know and understand.

I sincerely feel she was still watching over him. Many strange things have happened similar to this, since we met in 2009.
But I no longer feel her presence. I feel she has moved on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 10:24 AM

2,536 posts, read 2,091,394 times
Don't stop believing Harry !!

Old 01-29-2016, 10:17 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,766,494 times
Yes, I do. I talk with my mother and step-father while I am doing the dishes every night. As a teen, before I went to college, this was a time of relaxation when my mom would sit at the kitchen table and drank her coffee and chat with us, while I washed and my stepfather dried. It was relaxing and joyful time for me, and still is. I've been doing this for over 20 years.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:07 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,930,921 times
I hope they are right there watching over you

Im so sorry for your loss buddy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning