Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2020, 05:36 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Got a letter yesterday informing me that my therapist left the practice. Very sudden. Did she quit, get fired, dying? I need to know. Sigh. Now I need a new one.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Bummer! I hate changing doctors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 08:50 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Got a letter yesterday informing me that my therapist left the practice. Very sudden. Did she quit, get fired, dying? I need to know. Sigh. Now I need a new one.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Total bummer. That happened about 15 years ago with the best dentist that I'd ever seen in my life. She sold her business and moved to another state. I called to make an appointment and there was a different person. That was terrible. I didn't like the new guy, either. When someone says to me, "I don't understand how that can possibly hurt", I'm done.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Total bummer. That happened about 15 years ago with the best dentist that I'd ever seen in my life. She sold her business and moved to another state. I called to make an appointment and there was a different person. That was terrible. I didn't like the new guy, either. When someone says to me, "I don't understand how that can possibly hurt", I'm done.
A doctor actually said that to you, G? Wowzza. Nope, I would've been done too. I called for an appointment once and was told she had moved to another city and changed the "Group" she worked for. I changed doctors because I wasn't very familiar with the city and it had gotten bad since the last time I was there.

Just bought myself a new, smarter phone for my trip. Mine doesn't keep a charge for even an hour and it's not as smart as new ones but I also didn't buy the newest version of the phone either, I bought a 6 instead of a 7. Money and GBs determined that. The 7s had only 32GBs and the 6 has 64GBs. I got a Motorola. I'm used to Samsung. My housemate got a Motorola 2-3 months ago and I like hers. Lol, now I have to program a new phone into my suv. Rut-ro.

That's too bad about the car refinancing cuz I had been thinking about how cheap my plane tickets were, with that $480 a year I could have flown home once a year to see my gf. Poops.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Old 02-17-2020, 01:24 AM

He sent me to an oral surgeon who told me that it hurt because I had a massive infection in the area. The big guy properly numbed me (yay), drained all sorts of disgusting stuff, did the required work, and gave me a prescription for antibiotics. All was right with the world. I love doctors who know what they're doing.

Old 02-17-2020, 04:19 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,950,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Another weird morning.

The representative of the car refinancing company asked me a few questions about my vehicle that I couldn't answer yesterday. I found that big plastic sticker they put on a car window and I called her number to answer the questions this morning. My call is answered by a robo saying "according to the number you are calling from, we were unable to approve your loan." What?? Yesterday it was approved, today it isn't?? Doesn't really bother me but I had mentally already put that $480 a year into my savings. Odd. I am going to keep an eagle eye on my checking account since she already took that info. I'm glad I gave that account number instead of my plastic.

Sounds fishy.
Tami, sounds to me like the approval was pulled because you didn't have the information (which you later found) when the rep asked you a "few questions". Hope you can resolve this and get your approval back!

Old 02-17-2020, 07:47 PM

5,576 posts, read 6,504,647 times
I got an approval letter for my name brand meds to be lowered from third tier to second tier, as I am paying for them myself. I then get not one but two "denied" letters after my doctor completed information. I plan to appeal. This is BS and I am not going to just let it go. Sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I am always glad to show them........

Old 02-19-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
I got an approval letter for my name brand meds to be lowered from third tier to second tier, as I am paying for them myself. I then get not one but two "denied" letters after my doctor completed information. I plan to appeal. This is BS and I am not going to just let it go. Sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I am always glad to show them........
That doesn't sound right or good, 77!!

I just had to check out that my flight wasn't canceled along with me cancelling my rental car. All is well, thank goodness.

Old 02-19-2020, 09:05 PM

5,576 posts, read 6,504,647 times
Another example of the major blunders that occur within money hungry companies.......applied for a small mortgage before putting a bid in on my house. Approved by the first guy (lender?) at the mortgage company. Not my first go-round buying or selling a house by any means. Excellent credit, all on par, just a different situation in my life at the time. I won the bid for my house. Now comes the underwriting part of the process.

After providing the underwriters with everything they demanded, I mean required, they began to become demented. Wanting same things I'd already provided, requesting redundant information, even requiring me to certify a legal paper that I had used in the past to sell a house and a car. At this point I contacted my attorney. I was thisclose to telling them to shove it. But I begrudgingly did what they wanted as I wanted this house badly.

After weeks of this BS............they, the underwriters, declined my mortgage! I was blessed to be able to still purchase my house, but I was very angry with the original guy telling me I had been approved to begin with. The real estate company I used ended up dropping this guy and his company due to too many problems. I got "revenge" without having to do a thing.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:06 PM

I keep seeing dead people. Not necessarily these past five, ten, or however many years, but for the past few weeks they keep showing up in my dreams. I absolutely hate dreaming that someone who has died is alive. You wake up and... ohhh.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:41 AM

Awww, G. Are they good dreams? I'm sorry they don't make you feel "good".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning