Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 11:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times

Advertisements

You know, some normalcy does return to our lives eventually.

I woke up this morning and wasn't particularly sad, just sort of generally a bit stressed about the estate settlement but nothing earth shattering. Just the normal feelings of "Ahhhh, the bed feels good," and "Mmm, this coffee is good," - Well, I really like those normal, mildly pleasant thoughts and feelings and I hope I never take them for granted again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 11:37 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,740 times
I started a re-watch of Grace and Frankie last night. Watched 5 episodes! It was nice to just laugh out loud.

We also hung up some bird feeders yesterday afternoon, woke up to the birdies chirping, and it sounded like quite a few of them were enjoying the seeds.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:51 AM

3,253 posts, read 1,739,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
It's chilly here, only 61°. Average is mid-high 70s°.
<snip>

After checking out the cheapest couple of places I could think of, Wal-Mart and Goodwill, I decided to go try a pawn shop! Wth, I know I sold very good stuff to one up home! Selling, you get peanuts for your stuff but thought maybe I could find a bargain. Goodwill was too expensive! $399 for super thin gold chains!

I found a 14k 18" gold rope for $195. I said I would take it and the guy only charged me $140!!!
<snip>

Pawn shops are the best places to shop for jewelry. Because a little "retail therapy" helps shake off the covid blues. No excuses needed. Everybody needs a little pick-me-up once in a while.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I started a re-watch of Grace and Frankie last night. Watched 5 episodes! It was nice to just laugh out loud.

We also hung up some bird feeders yesterday afternoon, woke up to the birdies chirping, and it sounded like quite a few of them were enjoying the seeds.
I watched an old movie with my granddaughter last night - The Odd Couple with Jack Lemon! I think tonight we are going to watch The Apartment. It's been great to sort of escape into other worlds - we watched The Great Gatsby (the original) the other night, and I made her watch some series about life on a Victorian style farm too. Oh, and that series about John Adams - called "John Adams" - LOL. It wasn't funny though. We watched ever episode of Miranda recently and thought it was hilarious! Like you said, it's nice to laugh. Some people feel guilty about that but I sure don't. I've grieved and continue to grieve enough to last a lifetime. I miss my husband and I believe he knows that. But I much prefer life with a hefty serving of laughter on the side! He did too so I'm confident that he understands.

I like laughing and feeling happier. It's still gray and pretty chilly here and for the first time in my life, I feel like I am being influenced by weather. I notice that when it's gray (like today) and damp and chilly outside, I feel more blue, and when it's sunny and beautiful outside (like yesterday) I feel happier. That's a totally new mindset and change in my usual mode of operation so I'm paying attention to that.

Also, my elbow hurts more during damp, chilly weather, and I've noticed that when my arm hurts more, my heart hurts more. Wow, I never used to feel that way so this is all so new.

Old 03-05-2021, 11:57 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,708,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I watched an old movie with my granddaughter last night - The Odd Couple with Jack Lemon! I think tonight we are going to watch The Apartment. It's been great to sort of escape into other worlds - we watched The Great Gatsby (the original) the other night, and I made her watch some series about life on a Victorian style farm too.

I like laughing and feeling happier. It's still gray and pretty chilly here and for the first time in my life, I feel like I am being influenced by weather. I notice that when it's gray (like today) and damp and chilly outside, I feel more blue, and when it's sunny and beautiful outside (like yesterday) I feel happier. That's a totally new mindset and change in my usual mode of operation so I'm paying attention to that.

Also, my elbow hurts more during damp, chilly weather, and I've noticed that when my arm hurts more, my heart hurts more. Wow, I never used to feel that way so this is all so new.
I ADORE Jack Lemmon - great choice!

Sorry about the pain in your elbow. You went through so much in a short time frame.

Old 03-05-2021, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
I ADORE Jack Lemmon - great choice!

Sorry about the pain in your elbow. You went through so much in a short time frame.
Well, thank you. Honestly, that movie was hilarious. And such a glimpse back in time. I remember those days so well. Yikes!

I did go through a lot but you know what - I made it through it and I honestly believe that God and my husband both knew I would be OK, stronger actually.

I am not saying I believe that God struck me down, but I do believe that when I was forced to lay still and recover from that horrible fall, with my new titanium elbow, when I was forced to take care of myself for once, that it was the best thing that could have happened to me. And it was my dominant arm, so I knew I had to give myself time and grace to recover, and when I was laying there, recovering, I swear, I think I cried for two solid weeks - and I couldn't have told you where the physical pain left off and the emotional pain picked up. I needed to be still and process my grief and that's what I was forced to do, and I think I'm better for it even though my arm still hurts. It will always hurt, and so will my heart. But they will both become stronger over time too. That's how I see it anyway.

Old 03-21-2021, 11:00 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
My goodness! I see I haven't been here since January! And I am still waiting on my stimulus check. I haven't even logged on. Thank you and glad to see you kept this thread alive, Kathryn. I am very pleased to hear you are having some normalcy once in a while. It does feel good, doesn't it? I hear ya about your elbow acting up in the cold and damp weather. My arthritis in my hands really hurts on days like today. It's "Florida cold". 64°, mostly cloudy and a stiff wind.

One of my Love Birds died. She must have had a heart attack because she died with her eyes open on top of the water dish. She was my Teradactyl, always biting me but I was still very sad to find her dead in the morning. Buried her out in the backyard surrounded by my plants and flowers with stepping stones we bought to put over her. I was worried that her mate might go too. They had been together all their lives...5 1/2 years. Of course she had made his life miserable and he is doing very well.

The 16th of this month I had cataract surgery done on my left eye. I get my right one done on the 30th. I went from being terrified to I can't wait until the 30th!! I apparently had a bad case of glaucoma too, so the doctor put a stint in my eye too. He will be putting another one in my other eye too. I had my first post-op last Wednesday and my pressure went from 18 down to 13, which they said was very good. I am getting my money's worth out of my insurance! I close my right eye a lot to see the vibrancy of the world around me! I had no idea. The only thing I don't like is the eye drops. I have never been good at doing that and I have such a small bottle that I can't waste any. Plus I have to use it for a month. Lol, after the 30th I will be putting drops in both eyes! I get another bottle for that. I will also be getting another pair of glasses. I took the "cheap" package so I didn't have to pay out of pocket so my vision is not being corrected much. That's okay too. I have been wearing glasses since 8th grade, nbd. Those I might have to pay for, IDK yet. Whatever, it will be worth the price.

G, are you still here? It's been a rough winter for you guys, huh? Have you been staying healthy?

Has everyone been staying healthy? I still haven't and won't get a vaccine. I can't take the chance on an adverse reaction. I had a pneumonia vaccine in '01 and it activated my MS up sooo bad! I was paralyzed in my hands and arms for 6 months! I wear a mask and gloves every time I leave the house. I will continue to do so even if it's for the rest of my life.

Bye y'all. Stay safe.

Old 05-29-2021, 11:50 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times
How is everyone?

I need an oral surgeon. Am not having luck finding one who will take my insurance.

Old 05-30-2021, 09:14 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Tam, I'm still here. I have been ill in one way or another for the past 15 or so months. I'm really worn out. Nothing serious, but there's always one more thing.

Old 06-01-2021, 12:03 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
How is everyone?

I need an oral surgeon. Am not having luck finding one who will take my insurance.
Easiest way to do that is to call your insurance and get a list of doctors. Of course that means calling your insurance company, and I know how that can be. My insurance company has a voicemail artificial intelligence that makes me never want to call them.

By the way with my insurance, there’s actually an app for that which gives me a list of doctors that I can then contact and then verify that they are still on the insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning