Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 07:02 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,134,657 times

Advertisements

Yes! Funny, I was thinking about this day before yest. I dream about my husband probably more often than I did when he was here. He passed 2 yrs ago. I actually enjoy the dreams for the most part. There have been a few that are weird tho... in the dream I look at him and say... what are you doing here? You're gone so how can you be here?

But generally, I feel good when I wake up from spending a little time with him. He always looks good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2020, 12:28 PM

13,811 posts, read 8,039,961 times
Father passed away almost three decades ago. I rarely dream of him and when I do it's not a particularly pleasant dream. But we were not close at all.

Mother passed away last year and we were very close. I miss her a lot.

I've only had one dream about her. We were chatting about something.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:10 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,792,193 times
Rare dreams of my mother, less and less as the years go by without her. But every single time, it's a blessing. So happy to see her. "Mom, you're not dead!" I enjoy them so much. Now I think that when my time comes, I'll be thinking that I'm going to join her, so I won't be so afraid. Of course, my husband will probably remind me that she and I couldn't go three days visit without her driving me bat.... crazy. Well, Mom, go right ahead. I would LOVE to spend eternity with you driving me bat.... crazy, if I could just see you again.

Old 02-01-2020, 02:14 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,715,821 times
I rarely dream about my deceased parents, and have always wondered why since I was close to them when living. I think I've had a total of two, maybe three dreams about one or both of them since they have been gone. My Dad's been gone for 20 years now, and Mom for 7.

What made me click on this post, was that just a few months ago I had a dream about my father. My father was a very handsome man with sparkling blue eyes in real life. In my dream, I was at some sort of party where everyone was dressed up nicely. I'm standing on one side of the room chatting with a couple people, and I look across the room, maybe 25 feet away, and there is my dad, as a much younger man of maybe 35 or 40, he locks his most brilliant blue eyes with me for only an instant, but in that time winks at me, and gives me a very subtle grin that immediately imparted to me that all was as it should be, he was enjoying his "life", and I should just carry on and all would be good for me too.

I just cannot forget his eyes...they were literally the most beautiful brilliant blue, sparkling...almost on fire.

We never made any contact other than what I just described, and that was the end of my dream.

Old 02-01-2020, 02:52 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,216,845 times
Years ago I had a dream about an former lover who died suddenly. I said to him in my dream, "I thought you were dead!" He said to me, "do I LOOK dead?" I woke up with my heart pounding like a jackhammer. Never dreamt of him again.

Old 02-01-2020, 02:57 PM

100 posts, read 206,383 times
I dream about him every night. It's as though it's where we meet up at the end of our day. Nothing unusual or exciting about it. It's just where we go to live our day to day now.

Old 02-01-2020, 03:12 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,984,272 times
Most of them are regularly included in my dreams, and it's always as if they were still alive, so I don't mind the dreams much. It's kind of nice.

Old 02-01-2020, 03:29 PM

14,255 posts, read 14,770,499 times
My wife has been dead now for over 4 years. She does pop up in my dreams occasionally and usually in weird situations but I do not dream about her a lot.

Old 02-01-2020, 04:06 PM

7,176 posts, read 4,572,264 times
When I dream about people that are gone I don’t realize that they are dead. We were good friends with a couple and the husband died. 18 months later his wife died. They both used to take care of our dogs. 2 of my dogs died close to his wife. I had a dream and she was holding both dogs telling me not to worry because they were all together and happy. I cried.

Old 02-01-2020, 05:43 PM

7,052 posts, read 6,313,171 times
I dream about my son a LOT. Diabetes took him way too soon. I dream about my brother every once in a while. He's been gone a long time and I just get the impression he'll be there for me.

I had a wonderful dream quite a few years ago about my best friend and my dog. They were playing together in a field and I was so happy they were there together. It's the only time I had that kind of dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning