Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2021, 05:11 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times

Advertisements

My mother worked nights at home typing for an insurance agent. After she passed I could hear her typing for months.

When my spouse passed, I and relatives had been in and out of his toolbox using his tools. About a year after he passed I went to the tool box and there was a card in a bright pink envelope. It said I will always be with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2021, 07:32 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
My mother worked nights at home typing for an insurance agent. After she passed I could hear her typing for months.

When my spouse passed, I and relatives had been in and out of his toolbox using his tools. About a year after he passed I went to the tool box and there was a card in a bright pink envelope. It said I will always be with you.
WOW. That's pretty amazing.

I have been looking and looking at the sky for the exact color of his blue eyes but we have a lot of cloud cover during the winter and spring. But the other day, the skies were exactly the color of his eyes. This was 8 months after he died - but it was 8 months to the day. I just thought that was interesting.

I have this very strong feeling that he expects me to be strong, and I AM strong. I don't want to be but I also don't like the alternatives so there's that. Honestly, strong is all I really know how to be, but that's something that he liked about me. You know what though - I would give anything, ANYTHING, for someone to call me "baby girl." My dad used to call me that and he's gone. And then my darling husband would very occasionally call me that when he was feeling very tender toward me - and now he's gone. I am 59. I don't look like anyone's baby girl. But deep down inside that's part of me. I think if someone called me that - honestly I don't know what I'd do - I might slap them or I might absolutely melt, I have no idea. But one day I know I will hear those exact words from either my dad or my husband, or both, who knows. When I do, I will definitely report back!

Old 06-17-2021, 12:32 AM

161 posts, read 136,996 times
Default My Dad

I'd lost my dad about a year ago when I was going through my cell phone pictures one day.

Happened upon this picture taken by the side of our bedroom that looked like my dad standing there. Could see a bit of his face, along with this blue striped shirt that he always used to wear. Tried to zoom in, but it stayed the same..

Thought to myself.."That's Dad!~!" and again..couldn't zoom in on it..but somehow I knew that was my dad. Later on when I tried to go back to it in order to show my hubby...the photo was gone. Looked through every single pic I had on my phone..but no dice. That picture was nowhere to be found.

Somewhere..somehow it was my dad watching over me. All I can say is, "Thanks Dadio..I love you!!" <3

Old 06-19-2021, 06:27 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourdaywillcome View Post
I'd lost my dad about a year ago when I was going through my cell phone pictures one day.

Happened upon this picture taken by the side of our bedroom that looked like my dad standing there. Could see a bit of his face, along with this blue striped shirt that he always used to wear. Tried to zoom in, but it stayed the same..

Thought to myself.."That's Dad!~!" and again..couldn't zoom in on it..but somehow I knew that was my dad. Later on when I tried to go back to it in order to show my hubby...the photo was gone. Looked through every single pic I had on my phone..but no dice. That picture was nowhere to be found.

Somewhere..somehow it was my dad watching over me. All I can say is, "Thanks Dadio..I love you!!" <3
Oh that is so nice! I'm so glad you experienced that!

I was on vacation just this past week, and while I was driving somewhere, suddenly the song 'Yesterday Once More" by the Carpenters came on. I had been awash with memories of my dad, with Father's Day coming up, and being in the same area I grew up in, but suddenly I remembered my introverted, quiet mother SO INTENSELY, and I remembered her loving the Carpenters, and how she'd turn up the volume when they came on, and wow, it was like a precious gift directly from her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTaWayUE5XA

Old 07-23-2021, 03:33 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
This may be a bit off topic, but has anyone gone to a psychic medium after the passing of a loved one? (For those who believe)

Old 07-24-2021, 03:26 PM

273 posts, read 208,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
This may be a bit off topic, but has anyone gone to a psychic medium after the passing of a loved one? (For those who believe)
I did. I was open to the experience and would believe if I was given reason to. It was a psychic medium my girlfriend had been to. She has a great experience with him.

So the second time she had a big gathering of friends to witness this amazing man. She assumed he would get something from my father who had died under abnormal circumstances so if something "came through" as to the way he died, I'd know.

What I felt is this "Medium" got his information about the young man my girlfriend was trying to contact from her social media. Since she had been to him before he knew all about the guy who died and his family members. He was a young, popular guy and the medium went on and on about him. It was all stuff the medium could find using a search.

Apparently no one else came through to him during his reading. NO one and there were over 20 women there. Certainly not my father since he didn't use social media and the guy didn't know my name to check my socials. We all threw in money to cover this guy's fee. I was not impressed.

Old 07-24-2021, 07:29 PM

160 posts, read 128,782 times
Quote:

I did, soon after she passed ( been about 3.5 years now), did not go well. I could tell she was baiting me with her questions, gave totally inaccurate information about some family stuff, was not impressed.

Not to say that all "psychic's" are scammers, I think some do have a real gift, but I do think the vast majority of them are scammers.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:03 PM

88,582 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I had a psychic give me a message about someone who died when we were little, 55 years after the fact. I was going for a card reading, not looking for a message from anyone beyond, but somehow this woman knew about it, down to saying "it's someone who you were close to when you were both children. This child died, but you went on. Not sure if it was a boy or girl, but second cousin is coming to my mind."

I was speechless and felt as if an electrical current was running up my spine. My second cousin, a girl with whom I played and whose birthday was close to mine, died of leukemia when we were 6-1/2.

The medium told me she remembers how much fun we had playing together, and that we will play together again.

I do not know what the card reading said after that, I was so stunned. There was no way for her to know this. I was a walk-in, so she didn't know my name, but even if she did, that is not something that has ever been on social media.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:18 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I had a psychic give me a message about someone who died when we were little, 55 years after the fact. I was going for a card reading, not looking for a message from anyone beyond, but somehow this woman knew about it, down to saying "it's someone who you were close to when you were both children. This child died, but you went on. Not sure if it was a boy or girl, but second cousin is coming to my mind."

I was speechless and felt as if an electrical current was running up my spine. My second cousin, a girl with whom I played and whose birthday was close to mine, died of leukemia when we were 6-1/2.

The medium told me she remembers how much fun we had playing together, and that we will play together again.

I do not know what the card reading said after that, I was so stunned. There was no way for her to know this. I was a walk-in, so she didn't know my name, but even if she did, that is not something that has ever been on social media.
This is a great experience! Thank you for sharing.

I had a reading last week, it was pretty amazing.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:36 AM

88,582 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
This is a great experience! Thank you for sharing.

I had a reading last week, it was pretty amazing.
I would be interested in hearing about it, but I think we're going off-topic for this forum.

If you'd like to share, come on over here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/paganism/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning