Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2022, 09:55 AM

554 posts, read 347,364 times

Advertisements

Please share about you and your Mother being Best Friends.

My Mother my Best Friend

My Mother recently went to Heaven I miss her so much, I do feel comfort knowing she is with her parents and brother.

My Mother was in her early 90's and in really good health, ready to go somewhere and do the newest thing. She loved life and really loved her dogs, walks at the park, movies, just the two of us being together brought us both happiness.

Anytime I would take Mom to a Dr's appt. the Dr. or nurse would say, what is your secret to aging so well. Mom would reply, Don't complain, Stay busy, and never discuss your age because nothing will make you age faster than discussing your age.

Mom was very young at heart and loved music, we were getting ready to go to a concert right before she passed. My Mom was and still is such an inspiration to me and so many other's on how to enjoy life and live in the moment.

Blessings Precious Mother
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2022, 12:59 PM

815 posts, read 981,425 times
I am very sorry for your loss.
Your mother sounds like a wonderful person who was fun to be around.
You were blessed to have such a close bond with her.
I am sure you miss her.

Old 06-21-2022, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybygolly View Post
I am very sorry for your loss.
Your mother sounds like a wonderful person who was fun to be around.
You were blessed to have such a close bond with her.
I am sure you miss her.
Thank you.

Yes, she was a wonderful person, and we both felt blessed to have each other. Yes, miss her so much, so do the dogs.

As a child we know this day will come, however, we still hope it never does.

Love is eternal

Old 06-21-2022, 03:08 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Awwww, what a beautiful tribute to your mother! I am so sorry you lost your best friend!

Old 06-21-2022, 03:18 PM

Thank you Kathryn !

Old 06-21-2022, 03:49 PM

1,204 posts, read 935,624 times
I’m so sorry for your loss. You asked us to share our own mothers. So, Mom loved the outdoors, and loved all weather, windy, snowy, storms, summer. Up until 85 she’d walk miles every day. After two operations, she slowed down a bit, and would still take a shorter daily walk. But we started going for daily scenic drives, along with my father. The three of us became such good friends from those times together. Mom was the most cheerful and undemanding of souls, unlike dad and me who demanded a lot from life. When she died at almost 91 in 2019, Dad and I were lost without her. When Dad died two years later, I was just lost. Like you said, you feel the loss every day. I’m happy with my life, but some of the enthusiasm is gone and will never return. Yes you move on, but the loss moves on with you. My condolences.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:18 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Thank you for sharing your mother's joys and pearls of wisdom. She certain raised a lovely person! I bet she had quite the wit to her.
My respects in your loss. Cherish those memories and moments that will crop up. It's a nod to her legacy.

My mom was my movie buddy, Broadway fan, and my oh my could she cook and bake! They say we all have a love language...for her it was to cook ...feed the family and ...from that we had the best conversations!! We bonded over food.
Beyond all that...she was compassion extraordinaire! That was her gift.

I genuinely hope you continue to cherish her impact/influence in your life and that of others . She sounds remarkable.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:45 PM

900 posts, read 686,016 times
Your mother sounds lovely, and I am so sorry for your loss.

My mom was my best friend, too. She is in memory care now and does not know my name or our relationship, but she still brightens when she sees me.

I miss being able to call her on the phone and talk for hours; she was my greatest supporter, and I miss that, too.

Lots of time my mind will drift and I will have the strong feeling that we are back where we lived in New Jersey, and I am 16 again, and she is in her 40's, and we are driving over to the beach on a beautiful summer day. It is strange--like I am slipping through time and space.

I get the same feeling about my dad, who passed last year, only we're always in Georgia and I'm younger. It's odd.

Old 06-27-2022, 10:06 PM

2,182 posts, read 2,321,661 times
bellamax2. I’m sorry about your mother. You have so many decades of memories of her. Those will carry you as you learn to live without her. I love her anti-aging secrets. Prayers and condolences

Old 06-28-2022, 07:42 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
Been ten years since my Mother passed. I miss having someone to call and chat with.

She was truly my best friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning