Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Christians-Believers

Group Created by servant770

Have needs, prayer request, struggling with issues, encouragement, I have a heart for everybody, so this group is for all Christians God bless you all!

View All Members Showing 10 of 52 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 41
  1. Jayway17
    05-04-2022 12:29 PM - permalink
    Jayway17
    New here, God bless you all!
  2. Squidlife
    04-17-2022 03:02 PM - permalink
    Squidlife
    Please disregard my prior message. John 3:16 is better and reliable.
  3. Squidlife
    04-15-2022 01:14 AM - permalink
    Squidlife
    John 3:15 is all you need. Actually, I only memorized John 3:16 but if you look at 3:15, heck, that would get you done. Am I right?
  4. Nabors
    10-19-2021 05:19 AM - permalink
    Nabors
    Please put a prayer in for Kenneth, he's sick and in need of prayers! Thanks!
  5. ArticFox2015
    10-10-2021 05:25 AM - permalink
    ArticFox2015
    Hey ya'll new here checking in.
  6. twinlesstwin81
    12-31-2012 05:40 PM - permalink
    twinlesstwin81
    I fractured my back in 2010 L3 and Injured L456 and S1... This saturday I injured L3 again and may have a Herninated disc prayers would be nice thank you .
  7. msharriet
    10-30-2012 09:09 PM - permalink
    msharriet
    Hello, I need prayer about moving to Minnesota. I'm from Ohio and having health problems and anxious about the people my brother associates. Please pray that I get organized and get rid of some things. Also pray for traveling mercies on November 12.
    Thanks and God bless you all. Harriet
  8. Brother Michael
    10-24-2012 12:00 PM - permalink
    Brother Michael
    Oh Heavenly Father, I pray to thee in Jesus' name, help me to love others, the way that you love me. I have utmost confidence, I have standout faith in You my Lord that You help me in all that I do, to always be a reflection of You. I know that You will walk with me closely, night and day, so I shall never go astray. so my family is sheltered through my standout faith. I know You are abundantly living in my heart, and that You my Lord, give me Your light, that I may become pleasing in your sight. I surrender in the mighty name of Jesus, my friend, my brother, my Christ, and I lay all my burdens at Your feet my Lord. I am Your vessel, so that others may see your spiritual presence dwelling within me, so they may see Your promise You my Lord so steadfastly hold to, the strength of my faith.

Thank You Father for walking with me, till my journey is through, then by your grace, You will bring me home to You. In Jesus' name I pray....For You my Lord are EVERYTHING!
  9. Brother Michael
    10-24-2012 11:54 AM - permalink
    Brother Michael
    Hello and Greeting in Jesus' name...

Contrary to a lot of religious examples, prayer need not be just some simple mystical, super-spiritual activity. Simply put, prayer is conversation between Father and child. Jesus turned to His disciples gathered around Him and taught an important lesson: "Unless you...become as little children, you will by no means enter into the kingdom of heaven." The way a child prays, in simplicity and trust, is the perfect portrait of prayer. We look at the prayer of Jesus in John 17, we find the same picture. Jesus did not close His eyes and pray in a different tone of voice. In fact, we are told that "Jesus...lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: 'Father'" (John 17:1).

What a beautiful portrait of His relationship with the Father! Through this example, Jesus was showing us that prayer is simply talking to God, not just as the almighty Creator of the infinite universe, but as the caring, lovesick Father who awaits for His child to come, a Father who delights to be with His children.

"Come just as YOU ARE to the Father."

In simple conclusion for now, we have need to remember this above through our every moment to moment of our days. So easily we can forget that the Father loves us just as He loved Jesus. Then, instead of coming to Him because of who He is, we are kept at bay, consumed more with who we are or are not.

The potency of prayer hath subdued the strength of fires; it hath bridled that rage of lions, hushed anarchy to rest, extinguished wars, appeased the elements, expelled the demons, burst the chains of death, expanded the gate of heaven, assuaged diseases, repelled frauds, rescued cities from destruction, stayed the sun in its course, and arrested the progress of the thunderbolt. Prayer is all-efficient panoply, a treasure undiminished, a mine which is never exhausted, as sky unobscured by clouds, a heaven unruffled by storm. It is the root, the foundation, the mother of a thousand blessings.

...Chrysostom
  10. Brother Michael
    10-24-2012 11:26 AM - permalink
    Brother Michael
    @ Enow...

Again, I am sorry that you perceived that message of mine as you did. Nevertheless, I am not praying around the Son of God, the Son of Man, my Christ (Messiah in Hebrew), my friend, my Savior...."Lord Jesus" nor leading others away from Christ Jesus through prayer or in life in general. This is something of your own understanding & thinking (no offense), but I do understand your concern though. I said...."Please pray to the most Holy Spirit in and through our Lord Christ Jesus' mighty name." This clearly means and states to please pray to Father God (most Holy Spirit) in and through Christ Jesus' mighty name. This is praying through and in the name of Jesus, and is not cutting any corners. Enow....praying is for Him, it is a personal relationship between child and Father, or other words, you and Father God. It is your personal relationship with Him, whom is above all. I never bow my head toward this world nor close my eyes in prayer, however, I look to the heavens which are higher than me, this world, the Spiritual realm and authority, or any of us. This is where the Father is, higher than us, higher than this world. Remember always Isaiah 55:8-9. Not one testimony nor witness of Jesus, the Son of God, the Son of Man, the Christ bowing His head or closing His eyes in prayer. However, it is testimony that Jesus "...lifted His eyes to heaven, and said: 'Father'" (John 17:1). I never pray around my Christ, my friend, my brother, my Jesus....for He is the Son of God, the Son of Man, the true and only Christ (whom is of the Father), and only through and in Him will I come to the Father, and the Father know me. I love my Lord Jesus, my Christ, my friend and brother, and if you DO NOT truly know the Son of God, the Son of Man, the Christ, then you will never perceive the Father. He is EVERYTHING and ONLY His will (His thoughts and His ways) be done, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else!!!!

Thank you brother or sister Enow for your words of concern, but as mentioned above, nothing is not through or in the name of Jesus, as all was created in His glorious and mighty name..."Christ Jesus" (HaMashiach Yeshua), the name above all names, above all heavens, above all Eden. It is all about Him, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else....Amen, I say!

It is about what we can do for Him, not what He can do for us.

BTW Enow, not to debate or start any form of strife here in Jesus' name, but do you truly know what iniquity is? Do you truly understand how He see's us, which is how he says we must look at others? This is called seeking the heart of others (what He seeks and is invisible to the naked eyes or senses..."Carnal State or Being"), being of righteous and the unrighteous. Not one man, yes, not one man is without sin. We were born into sin, and we will die of the flesh in sin. What we must seek is not of the flesh (the carnal state or being..."of this world"), but of the Spirit, the heart of the Spirit...."Our Soul (Our Heart)". Thus why Jesus clearly testified that we do not have the authority to judge another, as our hands are not clean.

Peace be with you and all yours, as His peace I leave you with!