Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 12:04 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,835,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Never send a hunter to do a cars job.

That would be the Redneck way. You might be a Redneck if your hunting rifle is a 5.7liter V8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
You do not remotely know of what you speak. I ate my bear last year & if I get another I'll eat that one too. I generally eat what I kill.

Whats cruel is letting animals multiply until they need to forage around humans to eat and start getting hit by cars, starving or killed as a nusiance.
Theres is nothing in nature less cruel or more humane than the methods humans use to kill.

You should take the time to learn the facts. The fact is that most of the animals people like you take for granted are only here because of funds derived from hunting. How much have YOU done to preserve habitat or otherwise help nature? How much money do you donate to buy lands set aside for conservation? How much have you donated to reintroduce animals to historical ranges? How much time do you spend taking notes & watching to see whats actually in the area so you can help local biologists & wildlife officials determine what needs to be done to create a good ballance of wildlife?
My guess is the extent of your efforts is to berate the ones who actually are helping. But hey, its America & you are free to make a fool of yourself any time you choose.

The bear I shot last year helped NH biologists determine the health of the local population, what they eat and many other things they simply cannot learn any other way. The money from my license goes almost directly back into conservation efforts as does a portion of the money I spend on guns, ammo & other hunting related things.
Bear sausage is is fantastic. If I dont kill one during the season I get some from my hunting buddies. I always like to have a Bear Brat on Superbowl Sunday. Its my little homage to the 1985 Chicago Bears.

Good luck this season Tin Knocker. Check back and tell us about your success. I won't get to go out this year until 10-13. Its like waiting for Christmas morning as a kid. Pictures are always nice.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:58 PM

4,974 posts, read 8,442,028 times
Oh believe me, if/when I tag something I'll post pics.

The bear was good once I figured out how to cook it. Cant just toss a steak in a pan with mushrooms, garlic & onions like its venison but I figured it out. We didn't make any sausage but I probably will if I get another.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:22 AM

119 posts, read 264,226 times
My son got this one last week, taking son #2 next week. Should have a full freezer this winter.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxed in Maine View Post
My son got this one last week, taking son #2 next week. Should have a full freezer this winter.
WOW!!! Fantastic T.I.M. ,tell your son congratulations for me. That thing is the size of a MOOSE!! Oh it is a moose.

Thanks for the wonderful post. Good luck with the rest of your season if your still going out for more.

Better you than me carring out those quarters. Man thats a lot of meat!

October 13 can't get here fast enough for me!

-bulldogdad

Old 10-10-2010, 07:37 AM

2,004 posts, read 6,848,892 times
We just had a great Wyoming season. I got a Buck Antelope on the 15th of September and went on to get a 6x7 Bull Elk on the 1st of October, then on the 5th I got a 1x2 Buck Deer. I will be getting a couple of Doe permits around the house area's also might try for a Elk cow/calf permit later on.
My wife got a Doe Antelope on the 15th of September and has another one left to go, it is good until the last day of October.
I am looking forward to Migratory bird and small game seasons.
A second thought, I didn't see as many out of state hunters this year. I guess it's the economy like all over the U.S. I really don't mind them here, most are just regular guys wanting to hunt out west and lucky enough to get licenses. I certainly been there wanting to hunt another state.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
We just had a great Wyoming season. I got a Buck Antelope on the 15th of September and went on to get a 6x7 Bull Elk on the 1st of October, then on the 5th I got a 1x2 Buck Deer. I will be getting a couple of Doe permits around the house area's also might try for a Elk cow/calf permit later on.
My wife got a Doe Antelope on the 15th of September and has another one left to go, it is good until the last day of October.
I am looking forward to Migratory bird and small game seasons.
A second thought, I didn't see as many out of state hunters this year. I guess it's the economy like all over the U.S. I really don't mind them here, most are just regular guys wanting to hunt out west and lucky enough to get licenses. I certainly been there wanting to hunt another state.
Some pics would be nice. Congrats on your successful hunts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting