Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:12 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQBE45 View Post
You can up the stakes and tie them to a RC car after you fill them with helium. Use different sizes and colors. You don't get to pick, your buddy does. After you master that, you will be able to engage and hit moving targets at long range. Misses cost you penalties. You might be taking your buddy and his spouse out for dinner. That will motivate you NOT to miss! LOL
You need to attend a 1750/1840 Ron de Voo. We have Woods Walks and Seneca runs. Thar's some real sick wachos that design courses to shoot.

You will want to do it no sooner than you see it done. The Seneca Runs are much harder than a woods walk. Time counts in both, scores count in fire starting, hawk and knife, shooting, you can loose points, and if you got 0 points in the first place and lost points you get negitive points.

Prizes are for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and dead last

Usually a woods walk is like a 1 days hunt for items you carry, and a Seneca run is a weeks worth of stuff, and you run, load running, and shoot winded. Targets are very creative and can be moving. Some tragets hit poorly can cost points or worse get you tied to a broom stick to resist moving a leg, or a sling and you can't use that arm anymore.

Screwing with the judges once gets you a musket ball to carry in one hand and one hand only, you can't switch hands from where the judge places the ball. As many times as you mess up the judge more musket balls are added as the judges discretion. I personally have held (6) 75 cal musket balls on one hand

Then there is blanket shoots, where to play you put a prized object on the blanket. Every one gets something, first choice of prizes starts with the winner and that works to the last guy. The rule of prizes is stated in a base value, which could be something valued at 5 bucks or 50, depending on the game stakes.

There is Brigade Shoots, where you are a member in a Brigade team. There is friendly and hostile targets, plus all the above. Members can die (not really dead, but can't play) When a member is dead you choose items by game rules that dead member may or not have on his carcass, and may trade or use as you see fit. Some items are trade silver, compasses, flint n steel sets,round ball or foods or furs, knives, ie: items you would take from the dead in your Brigade.

On a shoot like that, I traded some articals I had taken off the dead and even a living member of the team with hostiles in order to pass thru the area. In order to trade with a hostile and use a living member too, you need to have better trade goods than the living memeber you want to trade

In all cases you really are shooting. There is no blanks in these games.

Some hostiles are living people while others are targets. If you shoot a friendly target you loose a lot of points for the whole team. This type of shoot can last 4 to 6 hours, to just go around everything once.

Targets to shoot can be anything: Might be animal shapes and still, might be the same mounted to a board on a cable that moves or a tire chained up to follow a cable but the tire bounces. Moght be a big black spider on a string at less than 10, or a hunk of railroad track down a long narrow opening in the woods, and as i said a poor hit hit on certain targets can get you 'wounded'. Kill zones may not resemble real world kill zones either

OH! On one Seneca Run I was playing in, when I rounded a corner in the woods about 6 guys ahead of me in time were puking down on their knees. I knew something was up, but didn't guess what it would be. That turned out to be a life sized doll and you had to change swaddling clothes (A diaper, the diaper was loaded with peanut butter and mud) My son had been born and so I was up to the task myself, but man what a hoot that was.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 07-11-2011 at 08:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 06:48 AM

In upstate NY I got 50 cents bounty per head. I used a Ruger Bear Cat with .22 longs in it. I only took any money to buy more ammo. Killing chucks is childs play of you know how.

My way is cheating of course I rode a horse, and chucks can't count bodies a horse has. I doubt any shot was further away than 15 feet.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:46 PM

Yeah I know how hard it is on foot, hunting. Now why would I let a chuck out smart me? I know they can't count. I am no pistol shooter in the first place. I get in all dirty do do killin' that way. No sport about it. Pop one chuck and the others just watch and wait for their bullet.

You should see me hunt tree rats! Man I seen guys get all upset trying that out for the first time.

Works like this, the tree rat see's the guy and goes around the back side of the tree. The guy goes around the back side of the tree too, and the squirrel goes around again always a bit faster.
This goes on a while and pretty soon I have Grinned that tree rat right out of his tree.

I am not gonna let any tree rat outsmart me either.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:15 AM

City It would take a 40 mule team to drag this long hair country boy, kickin' and screaming into any city!

I agree the 10-22 is a proper modern gun for tree rats, but the correct tree rat gun is a .40 cal flintlock, or a .36.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:59 PM

Funny....... Where I am now there are not chucks to speak of. I don't think they dig granite
I have seen them just 40 miles or so south though.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:40 PM

Can't ruin my property, as I don't have any. White man is into things he can't take to the Happy Hunting Ground. But I agree the Chucks must die.....

Hell will freeze over before they come to the rock I live on though. One less chore for me suits me fine. One chuck is easy to get and all I need for life, if I want trout flies. I fish with flies sometimes to kill time, not to eat. When I wanna eat I get all I want/need much faster, with no fishing gear at all. Fishing for one at a time is great way to find peace and think though.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:07 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,986 times
GSG5

I've had this thing for years and wouldn't trade it!!!

I switched back to the factory fix stock...this with the Eotech works great @100yrds!

Here is my GSG 5 next to my H&K 94 clone...can you tell which is which?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
HK 94 is on the left.....am I right?
H&K clone is on the left.

Quote:
Do tell which PREMIUM match grade Aquila or the likes ammo you are using in it as well.....please?
Aquila makes really nice ammo! I probably got 2-3k rounds of it laying around some where. But for the most part, I use Federal bulk ammo 550ct boxes from Walmart. So far I put 8500 rds of it throughout my GSG and for the most part without cleaning the rifle I think I started getting light primer strikes about the time I reached 8000.

Here is some more info with a couple of pics.

Multiple lite primer strikes :GSG - Semi Auto Rifles - Forums (http://www.semiautorifles.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5727-multiple-lite-primer-strikes-gsg/ - broken link)

Old 07-25-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I'm still blasting away my Remington Thunderbolts that I bought CASES of at WAL-MART years ago on sale for $8.88 per brick. 10 of those per case! I won't run out anytime soon! LOL The poor girl didn't seem to understand I wanted CASES. Not a box, not a brick! LOL
Never had any good luck with Remingtons ammo.

I got about 7,000 rounds of misc Aqulia and Federal...plus a few houdred rounds of Stingers. As for counter people, their used to it in my area. Bench rest shooters will blast through 10,000 a season and generally stock up when it's on sell.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:18 PM

I got some Aqulia sub-sonic and it's real dirty, but it works on varmints good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting