Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 12:02 PM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times

Advertisements

Well, we have had it jam a couple of times, but really didn't think nothing of it......just unjammed it! We don't go to the range that often, about every couple of months or so. We also don't go thru that much ammo (one plastic container of ammo for both of us and that's it). For the little amount of shooting that we do, the Sig Sauer is fine for us. Now, it sounds like you do a lot of shooting and go to the range quite a bit, so you will know much than we will. But, we still like our Mosquito and, if asked, would recommend it. As far as what a clerk in a gun store would know, I truely don't think they get all of their education from Guns & Ammo magazine! Although, when I was involved with rodeo/Team Roping, I'd rather ask a fellow Team Roper about roping gear than the clerk in the store where roping supplies were sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH1973 View Post
That is anecdotal evidence, a sampling of one, and in the big picture is irrelevant. You've never had a FTF, FTE or malfunction of any type? How many rounds have you put through your Sig? How often do you shoot it?

My frame of reference is from doing lots of research, reading and speaking to many professional shooters and obtaining their professional advice and not what gun store Bubba thought he read in Guns & Ammo. I'm not attaching any type of sentiment to what I'm saying and am not defending a purchase, I'm simply providing factual information.

I have no dog in the fight and am only relaying accurate appraisals from professionals in the game. The fact of the matter is that a Ruger or Browning .22 pistol is far superior in terms of reliability, longevity and accuracy than a Sig Mosquito, fact. You can choose what you want to believe but until you actually do some research you'll simply not know what you don't know. Have a good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 02:29 PM

50 posts, read 70,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Well, we have had it jam a couple of times, but really didn't think nothing of it......just unjammed it! We don't go to the range that often, about every couple of months or so. We also don't go thru that much ammo (one plastic container of ammo for both of us and that's it). For the little amount of shooting that we do, the Sig Sauer is fine for us. Now, it sounds like you do a lot of shooting and go to the range quite a bit, so you will know much than we will. But, we still like our Mosquito and, if asked, would recommend it. As far as what a clerk in a gun store would know, I truely don't think they get all of their education from Guns & Ammo magazine! Although, when I was involved with rodeo/Team Roping, I'd rather ask a fellow Team Roper about roping gear than the clerk in the store where roping supplies were sold.
Please don't take my response as being rude. I didn't want to come off sounding like a know it all but I do a lot of shooting and spend countless hours training and sometimes I can be a little too abrupt, it wasn't my intention. For a casual shooter the Sig will probably work out pretty well but I think you get a lot more for your money if you go with the Ruger or Browning. I hope that sounded a little less curt. Have a good day!

Old 09-30-2011, 03:07 PM

Naw, you were fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH1973 View Post
Please don't take my response as being rude. I didn't want to come off sounding like a know it all but I do a lot of shooting and spend countless hours training and sometimes I can be a little too abrupt, it wasn't my intention. For a casual shooter the Sig will probably work out pretty well but I think you get a lot more for your money if you go with the Ruger or Browning. I hope that sounded a little less curt. Have a good day!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:33 AM

Want to hear from some more lady shooters/firearms owners here!
Thanks.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:32 AM

581 posts, read 1,187,782 times
Female firearm owner/shooter here! I'm more of a knife fiend but my time in the service greatly increased my love for firearms that was already instilled in me by my Marine father. I distinctly remember bugging him to go with my brother and him during hunting season when I was 13. Thinking that camping in the woods for 4 days would deter me, he took me. It didn't. I was more excited about it than my brother was. He wouldn't really hunt moreso than pick a tree or target a few hundred yards away and teach us how to shoot, Sniper style with his modified Remington 700 custom. I loved that rifle. When we did hunt for that one deer, it was no tree stand for us. We fabricated a Ghillie suit and sat and waited. It was great.

I currently carry a Glock 26 but am wanting a 33. Glocks have rarely given me any issues during quick fire training and bi-weekly range shooting. I also own a S&W 686 revolver and Baretta 96 Centurion that my father gave me.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:04 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
Female firearm owner/shooter here! I'm more of a knife fiend but my time in the service greatly increased my love for firearms that was already instilled in me by my Marine father. I distinctly remember bugging him to go with my brother and him during hunting season when I was 13. Thinking that camping in the woods for 4 days would deter me, he took me. It didn't. I was more excited about it than my brother was. He wouldn't really hunt moreso than pick a tree or target a few hundred yards away and teach us how to shoot, Sniper style with his modified Remington 700 custom. I loved that rifle. When we did hunt for that one deer, it was no tree stand for us. We fabricated a Ghillie suit and sat and waited. It was great.

I currently carry a Glock 26 but am wanting a 33. Glocks have rarely given me any issues during quick fire training and bi-weekly range shooting. I also own a S&W 686 revolver and Baretta 96 Centurion that my father gave me.

Can we clone you?

Old 10-09-2011, 06:41 AM

Yes........gotta love it, just have to!! Also a two "thumbs-up" for you

Quote:

Old 10-10-2011, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Can we clone you?

Only if you don't mind a bunch of gun weilding smart alecs with a predesposition to whiskey and blegian beers with a long fuse that burns quick.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:17 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Quote:
Only if you don't mind a bunch of gun weilding smart alecs with a predesposition to whiskey and blegian beers with a long fuse that burns quick.
I'm a Sarcastic Irish Whiskey drinker with a weakness for red heads....

we're good

Old 10-10-2011, 04:40 AM

I can dig it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting