Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 07:39 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,398,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I think the Magnum P.I. has more stopping power. Chevy Chase was able to hold up a theme park with his.

All jokes aside, the Beretta 92F is a fine weapon.

hi

l always ad absolutely do not carry your beretta in that way, a friend of mine lost a testicle trying to get in his car
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
"The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." ~ John Steinbeck

the creator made the........ good ppl .........the arrogants.........the evil ppl........the criminals............the strong man and the weak man

but the colt revolver made them all equals.............old American motto

Old 10-10-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Personally, I'd have to stick with the 1911. It hasn't lost as many wars as Italy has.

yeah man you are right ............since the " impero Romano " and " serenissima repubblica di Venezia " .........are gone........we are losing our worriors reputation .........step by step, as you can mafia and other nughty stuff.

nowaday we are very able to cook spaghetti with tomato sauce

Old 10-10-2011, 07:57 AM

525 posts, read 899,743 times
Don't need to carry a gun. If one carries a gun one is looking for trouble. Just my opinion which along with 2 dollars will get you a happy meal.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Beretta makes a fine weapon. I personally have a 92F/S and wouldn't trade it. I've sent thousands of rounds throughout it and have so far only had two failure to ejects.

ummm yeah it can happen check up --the castle system-- hope this tecnical word is correct and keep it oiled

Old 10-10-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I have not shot a 98 fs myself, but I generlly dislike the way Berettas feel. I'll stick to my Colt. lol.

l own a S&W 357 mgm..........here is famous the blue colt

Old 10-10-2011, 08:08 AM

heyyy.............where is end up ..........my sicilian friend .........not joe calderone...........which is his nik.............bull .....buuulll.............come on bull pop up

what in American for .... ummmm...........hey bull what's up

Old 10-10-2011, 09:08 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
Don't need to carry a gun. If one carries a gun one is looking for trouble. Just my opinion which along with 2 dollars will get you a happy meal.
You may be amazed that it's just the opposite. I am not amazed however that the public has that uninformed perception.
Actually, on the contrary, we who carry guns are more prone to avoid trouble like physical confrontations. Almost all of us are trained in the legal aspect of carry (part of the requirements of a permit in most states), which includes a duty to retreat if a confrontation has the potential of turning deadly.
Without a gun - yeah I might respond with obsene gestures or some similiar act to an agressive but non-physical act (name-calling, etc). With a gun - a gunowners responsibility is to walk away without action. To not escalate. To retreat.
Those who legally carry (not those who own a gun for home defense or hunting) probably are more aware of gun laws and legal use of force than most police officers.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Those who legally carry (not those who own a gun for home defense or hunting) probably are more aware of gun laws and legal use of force than most police officers.

very true, a lot of ppl are against --------the order system---- but when they are getting in trouble cause criminal attaks ....they call the police

it seems a paradox but order legality give to you the safety the possibility to continue a normal life

ppl don't know what mean to wear a uniform and carry a gun

Old 10-10-2011, 12:14 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
very true, a lot of ppl are against --------the order system---- but when they are getting in trouble cause criminal attaks ....they call the police

it seems a paradox but order legality give to you the safety the possibility to continue a normal life

ppl don't know what mean to wear a uniform and carry a gun
As they say "an armed society is a polite society". And it's true. I have found myself more calm when carrying, by legal necessity. No more responding the crude remark, no more extending the middle finger. Now, if the other guy knew I was carrying, I have no doubt he would do the same.

Now, I don't wear a uniform or badge, but I carry a gun. And I have another saying for that - "when seconds count, the police are there in minutes". Once the police arrive, you let them take over, that's what they get payed for. But until then, when under a deadly attack, you are on your own. Survival is totally dependent on your actions. That is one fact no one can argue with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting