Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:11 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,397,408 times

Advertisements

self-defense has always been a constant in the history of legal systems, according to some natural right of the individual, passed unscathed throw all periods of history and all the philosophical currents -
Certainly flow from time to time more or less, depending on the orientation of the holders of legislative power, its pratced or not not, however, never been denied in any order, as a last resort to defend the rights of individuals unjustly attacked. Indeed, as we shall see, there are modern Western legal systems, where self-defense is regulated so as to be applied as an institution far from..the extrema ratio.
On the other hand, it is obvious that an excessive expansion of the boundaries of this institution, may bring, and, in some cases, leads to a climate of exasperation, in which the state faces as a spectator to the violence among its citizens.
Up to that point the reaction to an aggression is a legitimate defense? At what moment a person turns to be as a defender of his rights to a simple murder

the law has many visages, l mean ... is the law equal for all citizens? can a ruined-man by banks or other political affair...stand his ground? as a rich man can defend his appanage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 11:40 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,192,605 times
In the US, yeah, he can.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:12 AM

827 posts, read 1,671,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
is the law equal for all citizens? can a ruined-man by banks or other political affair...stand his ground? as a rich man can defend his appanage?
If you are refering to someone who's house has been forclosed and he is being evicted. NO as a legal proceeding has already told him he must vacate. IF it is being taken over by the Eminent Domain [I know this sucks bad, it IS a heartbreaker even to me] A citizen MUST vacate the property. BUT considering between the two the person who lost their place due to forclosure may not have another place to live, those thru ED will get paid for their property and MAY find another place they can settle down in.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:46 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,492 times
Boy is this thread going to cause some remarks! I know some of you are going to sing the praises of the 9 MM, while others feel it's good only for target practice and not really something you would want to use to protect your life. I have my thoughts about the 9MM and the Model 92 Pistol, but I'm going to keep them to myself, for once. For defensive use the gun you have with you is the best...

Old 03-28-2012, 02:00 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,499 times
Quote:
self-defense has always been a constant in the history of legal systems, according to some natural right of the individual, passed unscathed throw all periods of history and all the philosophical currents -
the law has many visages, l mean ... is the law equal for all citizens? can a ruined-man by banks or other political affair...stand his ground? as a rich man can defend his appanage?
Weapon laws are not equal for all citizens and should not be equal. Given the state of mind for one who has been "ruined by banks or political" appendages have originlly placed their future in the act of gambling.

A person who is of reasonable mindset knows they must not connect another human to take charge of their personal affairs without consequences.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:36 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,730,574 times
Quote:
it can shot 16 pellets, extrimely light,easy to hide it in your cloths........it's a war gun........beretta 98 fs cal 9 u can get the short version too

THe best self defense tool is something that our genetics have given us. Our mind. It's the best oil of all. People of any size, shape or physical ability can think through anything to deal with a situation. It takes forethought, planning, training, education, and reiteration tempered with living to a higher standard and knowing the laws that cover your particular jurisdiction. For every action there is a consequence and a high level of responsibility.

No man made weapon is good without that.

[Mod Cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 04-15-2012 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: Removed signature. Signatures are not allowed.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:24 PM

716 posts, read 558,294 times
Next to a quality firearm, a good quality tactical knife is a close runner up. Spyderco has always been a favorite of mine and I own several. Probably the best one next to a gun is the one in the middle. The Spyderco Civilian with the large serrated hawkbill blade. It was designed by an undercover drug enforcment officer when he couldn't have a firearm on him. It's the next best thing and I would even rather have it on me than some small caliber cap gun that may or may not stop someone. One slash on the arm, neck, hand or face with that, you are going to STOP right now!! The huge gapping wound pouring out blood that's two inches deep causes more damage than any .22 LR or .25 ACP ever will. That is if you can keep the guy from fainting or passing out as soon as he sees what you have done to him and the red splatter and spray he sees before he goes lights out under. He was a smart LEO and this is a popular knife in the law enforcement community.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:25 AM

All fine and dandy, BUT if you have a firearm and you need to use your knife, you've lost the battle already. 21 years of carrying the only thing I needed to cut with my knife was some string.

I do understand not having a firearm BUT unless in certain areas I ALWAYS have one on me. [besides I can hurt more with my cane now]

Old 06-10-2012, 10:00 AM

716 posts, read 558,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
All fine and dandy, BUT if you have a firearm and you need to use your knife, you've lost the battle already. 21 years of carrying the only thing I needed to cut with my knife was some string.

I do understand not having a firearm BUT unless in certain areas I ALWAYS have one on me. [besides I can hurt more with my cane now]
I see it as a great option for advancement above and beyond what a firearm can do for you. Suppose someone grabs you from behind and puts a rear nakid choke or full nelson on you. All the while while trying to grab at your gun and gain control of it. Knives like that are clipped in the "ready" position in your pocket. The thumb hole allows one handed opening and very quickly too if you practice with it. So anyway...you're struggling with said bad guy on your back. He's choking the hell out of you and grabbing for your gun. You reach into your pocket and withdraw your tactical knife with ONE HAND. The other hand is holding your firearm in it holster to prevent him from getting it and using it on you. One slash across his arm, he'll LET GO of you...that's a pretty safe bet. You then draw your firearm and fire while he's "oh...oh...OMG...oh...oh ****". You lose dirtbag! You'll also be able to cut seatbelts should someone decide to ram your vehicle and run you off the road before the attack on you. You never know when one is going to release, and do it quick enough if someone is rushing your vehicle to inflict harm AFTER they have already rammed you and ran you off the road. One quick slit and that seatbelt is history. So, your arm is all jacked up from the crash. Haha, that knife is ONE HANDED and can be drawn and opened with only one hand. You'll get out of that vehicle and get to your gun if you are still awake and able to fight.

Last edited by BBandit; 06-10-2012 at 10:23 AM..

Old 06-10-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBandit View Post
I see it as a great option for advancement above and beyond what a firearm can do for you. Suppose someone grabs you from behind and puts a rear nakid choke or full nelson on you. All the while while trying to grab at your gun and gain control of it. Knives like that are clipped in the "ready" position in your pocket. The thumb hole allows one handed opening and very quickly too if you practice with it. So anyway...you're struggling with said bad guy on your back. He's choking the hell out of you and grabbing for your gun. You reach into your pocket and withdraw your tactical knife with ONE HAND. The other hand is holding your firearm in it holster to prevent him from getting it and using it on you. One slash across his arm, he'll LET GO of you...that's a pretty safe bet. You then draw your firearm and fire while he's "oh...oh...OMG...oh...oh ****". You lose dirtbag!
I take it YOU'VE never been in that situation. There are ways to deal with it [without a weapon] [Mod Cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 06-10-2012 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: Trolling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting