Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 08:11 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Brian, This is what I thought you might have. But I guess not.....

Winchester 62a variations

More as I discover it.

This is the same site, but a different page.
http://homesteadfirearms.com/apprais...-2models.htm#f

I need a few good pics to do what it says. Since you have the gun, check it out and do what it says.

It will be fun.

When you get done and know better what you have, try going here, or just check this out on a whim anyway.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/Win...cfm?cat_id=548

You can get an idea of the values, and will understand why adding modern junk will kill the value. This all depends on what it is yu have and the condition.

This site will make you wish ou had some of gramps old .22 bullets in Winchester packages still sealed too

AND IF you DO, do not open the box, or you will be shooting some real heavy dollars! About 110 bucks per 22 round!

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 11-04-2011 at 08:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 11:45 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Brian, This is what I thought you might have. But I guess not.....

Winchester 62a variations

More as I discover it.

This is the same site, but a different page.
Winchester 62a models

I need a few good pics to do what it says. Since you have the gun, check it out and do what it says.

It will be fun.

When you get done and know better what you have, try going here, or just check this out on a whim anyway.
Winchester Model 62 Rifles For Sale

You can get an idea of the values, and will understand why adding modern junk will kill the value. This all depends on what it is yu have and the condition.

This site will make you wish ou had some of gramps old .22 bullets in Winchester packages still sealed too

AND IF you DO, do not open the box, or you will be shooting some real heavy dollars! About 110 bucks per 22 round!
Would it help knowing that it fires shorts, longs and long rifle?

Gotta get back to work.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:45 PM

Yup that helps...... trust me, follow the links, and play along. I would need detailed pics of your gun or to have your gun in my hands.

There is a slew of info and evidently the gun type varried a lot. Length of the forearm, how many relief cuts it has, the shape of the ejection port, just way too many varriations with having good detailed pics or the gun. It will be fun for you.

If I lived next door and you trusted me with the gun, I would have a blast checking this one out. But I don't, and probably you don't trust me that much. Besides it would cost shipping 2 ways, which isn't exactly legal with out a FFL dealer getting his fee(s).

Just take a few hours and check out the links.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:13 PM

The wife got me a camera, but I'm not sure if I can move the pics to the computer, but I'll see. And certainly not until Monday.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:34 PM

Ck the links and pics in the links. As you do detail for detail you can see and learn and have fun....

Is there something I am missing? You can see to shoot right? You text here so you can spell and read...... really it will be fun...... The 2nd link works like the gun has this in the picture, and asks if your gun does. if not, it says to take a next step.

If you do have a disabilty of some sort, which I doubt, other than maybe a bad back, bad hearing like me you will have fun man...

And last I am not trying to insult you in any way. If you have something up I need to know shoot me another private message.

Maybe you should send me that gun after all LOL

Old 11-04-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Ck the links and pics in the links. As you do detail for detail you can see and learn and have fun....

Is there something I am missing? You can see to shoot right? You text here so you can spell and read...... really it will be fun...... The 2nd link works like the gun has this in the picture, and asks if your gun does. if not, it says to take a next step.

If you do have a disabilty of some sort, which I doubt, other than maybe a bad back, bad hearing like me you will have fun man...

And last I am not trying to insult you in any way. If you have something up I need to know shoot me another private message.

Maybe you should send me that gun after all LOL
I'll be going through the links, but my time is short now with Christmas coming. I've had to work extra days.

Once I start shooting, I'm gonna have glasses made just for shooting. Maybe with a yellow tint.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:03 AM

My time is short too. I may be leaving for places unknown to me, like the woods. My wife is packing, the living situation here is intolerable, and work is slight.

You have the gun, the second link is the ID link.

Any yellow tint glasses are good for getting more light in your eyes. I have several pair for motorcycle riding and shooting. Some cost a little, others cost a lot, one pair at 20 bucks is bi-focals.

None are prescription.

The point is at a glance you can run through the steps to id that gun.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:01 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
I love that the 62 is a tiny version of my 97. Been looking for the pump in .410, think it was a model 42
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting