Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:40 PM

409 posts, read 316,922 times

Advertisements

*HOW DO YOU THREATEN SOMEONE WITH A GUN?* You use your weapon mounted tactical light on your handgun as a flashlight to write tickets! WITH IT STILL MOUNTED and scare everyone you stopped! I have one thing to say about that! Jeeeeeeeeeeeezus C!!!!! Kiss ALL those lights goodbye for the whole Department now! *The silent messenger*

Last edited by SandboxQ; 01-23-2012 at 06:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 01:06 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,822,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxQ View Post
50 yards is rifle territory. 25-50 feet isn't out of line though. It amazes me all the guys who only shoot and practice at 7-10 feet. What if...what if...what if you are scr*wed?
Did you have too much coffee on the 22nd and went on some posting blitz? Dude, you can reply to more than one person in one post.

Anyways - most shooting incidents happen in relativly close ranges - within 10 feet, and lets face it, practing at a shooting range is not practicing for a shooting encounter, for various reasons. There is an entire discipline/shooting strategy in place, in fact, for shooting at point blank ranges, melee encounters. Remember - practicing (at a firing range) is not the same as training. It includes so much more than shooting at a target within the circle.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Did you have too much coffee on the 22nd and went on some posting blitz? Dude, you can reply to more than one person in one post.

Anyways - most shooting incidents happen in relativly close ranges - within 10 feet, and lets face it, practing at a shooting range is not practicing for a shooting encounter, for various reasons. There is an entire discipline/shooting strategy in place, in fact, for shooting at point blank ranges, melee encounters. Remember - practicing (at a firing range) is not the same as training. It includes so much more than shooting at a target within the circle.
Ten feet IS a distance you should use. Making it your MAX isn't very smart. Exspecially, like I said, my distance from one end of my garage to the other (INSIDE) is 30'. Thirty feet with NO WHERE to go! LOL @ the red print. What us guys do, we could hold our own with a Navy SEAL!

Old 01-24-2012, 05:47 PM

Ok, NOT a Navy SEAL! The SWAT instructor thinks we are good though!

Old 01-25-2012, 06:49 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,822,706 times
Quote:
Ten feet IS a distance you should use. Making it your MAX isn't very smart. Exspecially, like I said, my distance from one end of my garage to the other (INSIDE) is 30'. Thirty feet with NO WHERE to go! LOL @ the red print. What us guys do, we could hold our own with a Navy SEAL!
I'll take your word for it, but, ummm, maybe it's your style of writing (slightly incomprehensible, somewhat overexcited) that doesn't leave me too encouraged.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I'll take your word for it, but, ummm, maybe it's your style of writing (slightly incomprehensible, somewhat overexcited) that doesn't leave me too encouraged.
Do you want a armchair commando who got straight A's in English, or do you want someone who gives it to you straight? Read my posts. You don't learn or know this stuff in beginners 101. Remember now, I'm the only one to post you don't come out of the holster blazing. It's best to ID your target and threat first. What if your son knocked that lamp over in the middle of the night?

Old 01-25-2012, 09:52 AM

46,219 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Do you want a armchair commando who got straight A's in English, or do you want someone who gives it to you straight? Read my posts. You don't learn or know this stuff in beginners 101. Remember now, I'm the only one to post you don't come out of the holster blazing. It's best to ID your target and threat first. What if your son knocked that lamp over in the middle of the night?
I disagree with that statment....and if my son knocked over the that lamp in the middle of the night....that means he had to turn the alarm off...

Old 01-26-2012, 08:46 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
It's been my experience that those who boast the loudest about how good they are with firearms and speak/write in a condescending manner to the audience as though they are the only one in the gunshop/on a forum with knowledge/experience are compensating for something.

Quote:

Old 01-26-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It's been my experience that those who boast the loudest about how good they are with firearms and speak/write in a condescending manner to the audience as though they are the only one in the gunshop/on a forum with knowledge/experience are compensating for something.

That's what 30+ years experience and being shot at before will do for you everytime. You can take it over ace. We're all ears and I'm listening.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:23 PM

46,219 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
That's what 30+ years experience and being shot at before will do for you everytime. You can take it over ace. We're all ears and I'm listening.
To the OP, again as many have said you NEVER threaten to shoot anyone....

SandboxQ

I have 40+ years........Not really, but it sounds good....huh..... (I'm only 41, and 21+ in the Army)

Look, o.k., you can out do everyone on this board....you have already told us that....most won't believe you....I don't....and the more you talk like this....makes me think you are not even 15 years old....

You can find absolutely everything you have talked about by a quick Google search......

I would honestly be afraid to be around you at a shooting range....sorry...but that's the truth...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting