Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:34 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,689,672 times

Advertisements

Have not found a better knife than my 1991 Original Schrade Old Timer 225OT Son of a Gun.

Gutted and skinned many animals with that baby. Carbon steel blade isn't pretty to look at after all those years of blood but nothing cuts sweeter than her when she's razor sharp. Haven't had to sharpen the bone saw since I bought her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 06:55 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
I like my pocket knife. Its a Darrel Ralph 'trigger' model, S30V blade steel, all DLC coated, with 'max glide' pivot bearing. I greatly prefer the manual opening with pivot bearing to any assisted or switchblade mechanism (illegal in my state anyway). I keep it razor sharp with a spyderco tri-angle.

Sorry no pic, but this is roughly the design:
Arizona Custom Knives- Trigger by Darrel Ralph

Except that mine is all-black--the way I like my coffee, ladies, and folding knives, lol.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:33 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,133 times
Exclamation R.W. Loveless Gerber Guardian set.

Gerber Guardian limited edition presentation set. 1/1000 made between 1982-1985. The set is a tribute to R.W. Loveless, the custom knife maker who worked with Gerber designing the Guardian series of boot knives. Comes in a custom wooden display case with special four digit serial number. This set is very-very rare and should suit even the most discriminating Gerber collector.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:51 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Gerber Guardian limited edition presentation set. 1/1000 made between 1982-1985. The set is a tribute to R.W. Loveless, the custom knife maker who worked with Gerber designing the Guardian series of boot knives. Comes in a custom wooden display case with special four digit serial number. This set is very-very rare and should suit even the most discriminating Gerber collector.
Wow. I had a Gerber dagger as a kid. Unfortunately stolen by a low-life in Atlanta around 1987. I've still got the sheath, but he's got the knife--except that he's probably dead by now. Gerber was to knives what Altair was to computers.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Wow. I had a Gerber dagger as a kid. Unfortunately stolen by a low-life in Atlanta around 1987. I've still got the sheath, but he's got the knife--except that he's probably dead by now. Gerber was to knives what Altair was to computers.
That set is one of the most rare and best things I own. Have you ever seen another one Gerber collectors? I never have! I'll keep that until I croak, then the boys will get it. You can't go wrong with a set like that.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:31 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,777,431 times
I've owned several Benchmades, Spydercos, Kershaws, Buck, Sebenzas, and several other production and custom knives. I once owned a new Scott Cook Lochsa, but once the value climbed to astronomical prices I couldn't bring myself to use it, so I eventually flipped it. Sometimes I miss it, it was a beautiful knife and very hard to find.

I recently purchased a Spyderco Native with G-10 scales, love the ergos on this little knife. My sons bought me a nice Kershaw and I usually switch between the Spyderco and Kershaw for every day carry.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:45 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,412,560 times
This ones a Schrade & my favorite for wandering in the woods with a rifle during Deer season.

Dont know much about this one except its made in Mexico.

This is a Marbles I got on auction on one of the gun forums. Its the only knife I have thats truly collectable.

Heres a bunch, includes two from above. I'v probably cleaned & skinned more deer with that Schrade folder on the lower right than all the rest combined. The two on the left have done a bunch of work but neither is a good knife & they dont hold an edge like a quality blade will. The lowest one is a ***** Walmart Winchester knife and the one above it is Taiwanese. The top right one is German made with antler handles and was obviously once alot bigger. Likely it broke & someone reground it. The one under it is A Remington knife. My wifes family worked for Remington in Bridgeport a long while back & we ended up with alot of Remington branded knives, all the others are pocket knives though. Next one down is a Buck 110. Another great knife but much more brittle than a Schrade, I broke the tip off it so its retired for now. Next down is another Schrade I'm not sure why I bought it. I carried it on my belt for a couple years but it sits in the drawer now. The two in the center are Bucks I bought just to have. Both are still new in the boxes.

Knives are alot like guns to me. I dont really collect them but I certainly accumulate them. Theres many more but my pictures arent cataloged nicely & I'm done searching.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:05 PM

Cold Steel Master Hunter drop point skinner. Made in the USA and Carbon V steel. This is the strongest, sharpest hunting knife I have ever seen. I carried it in my truck as well. Even out of deer season, it makes a good SD knife.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:07 PM

Cold Steel Master Hunter (Fixed Blade Knives) - YouTube

Old 03-05-2012, 12:58 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,689,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
This ones a Schrade & my favorite for wandering in the woods with a rifle during Deer season.
That is a Schrade Uncle Henry Golden Spike. What year is it? I have one just like it.

The German stag handle hunting dagger looks real close to one my Dad lost hunting about 20 years ago. I remember is was a Solingen made blade but not the specific maker. What markings are on the tang if you don't mind me asking. I have been trying to track one down just like it to get as a present for him. I just haven't seen one as close as yours in make.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 03-05-2012 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: added a question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting