Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should the general public be allowed to posses?
Anything, including weapons that the Gov doesn't have. 137 65.55%
Restricted to what Gov has. 31 14.83%
Restricted to far less than what the Gov has. 23 11.00%
Restricted to hunting rifles and shotguns only. 21 10.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 10:33 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
I don't believe people should have the right to anything beyond a pistol or rifle. I realize the "horse is out of the barn", and there are too many guns in the hands of criminals as well as nut cases. It's just my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.
Okay, you shared your opinion and you are free to do that. But you didn't answer the question. I'll ask again, how do you define an assault weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 12:19 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:
I don't believe people should have the right to anything beyond a pistol or rifle. I realize the "horse is out of the barn", and there are too many guns in the hands of criminals as well as nut cases. It's just my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.
Then concentrate your efforts to control the criminals and nut cases - they don't have anything to do with the law-abiding citizens' rights.

Old 09-14-2014, 03:53 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
how many firearm laws only effect the criminal? 1 or 2 and that is it. all the rest only effect the law abiding citizen as a means to control them. that means according to your analogy, all firearm laws should be repealed except for the 1 or 2 laws, that way only the criminals will be affected.

too bad we cant get the government to think that way.

Old 09-14-2014, 03:58 PM

226 posts, read 319,735 times
How much money you got?

Buy it then......

Old 09-28-2014, 07:27 PM

354 posts, read 281,050 times
Quote:
So no shotguns then?

Not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, but you do realize that under Federal law there's really only three types of Title I firearms: pistols, rifles, and shotguns.

Or are you talking about Title II firearms?

Old 10-05-2014, 09:36 AM

245 posts, read 304,337 times
actually, a title II manufacturer CAN have quite a stock of arms, if he also has a class III dealer's license and possesses the (several dozen) full auto guns for the sake of comparison and demonstration (hopefully leading to sales of the ones that he makes). There are so many dealers now, that you can make great money just selling to other class III dealers.:-)

Old 10-05-2014, 09:37 AM

Personally, I want nukes, and I want the option of a dead man switch on at least one of them. You cannot be soverign (ie, left alone by the bullies of this world) if you don't have nukes. Just ask Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and many other countries if that is not so.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:10 AM

10,730 posts, read 5,664,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garvan View Post
actually, a title II manufacturer CAN have quite a stock of arms, if he also has a class III dealer's license and possesses the (several dozen) full auto guns for the sake of comparison and demonstration (hopefully leading to sales of the ones that he makes). There are so many dealers now, that you can make great money just selling to other class III dealers.:-)
An 07 manufacturer would have a class 2 SOT, and a class 3 is not required.

Last edited by TaxPhd; 10-05-2014 at 12:17 PM..

Old 10-05-2014, 11:13 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
The theory is if we ban the right weapon the violence will stop
It should be if we change the behavior the violence will stop

Old 10-06-2014, 01:44 PM

or if we kill all the ones acting that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting