Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should the general public be allowed to posses?
Anything, including weapons that the Gov doesn't have. 137 65.55%
Restricted to what Gov has. 31 14.83%
Restricted to far less than what the Gov has. 23 11.00%
Restricted to hunting rifles and shotguns only. 21 10.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:26 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,633,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Citizens should not be allowed to own any weapons that the government doesn't have.

We are the government!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 02:34 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Citizens should not be allowed to own any weapons that the government doesn't have.

the people should be allowed to own and use any weapon they can afford to have and use.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:55 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,447,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
actually, ap 308 at point blank will not go through my front fender. my vehicle weighs a bit under 8000 pounds empty.
I already tried.
If you read my post, I was talking about my .50BMG, with AP ammo (have boxes of it), will seize your motor on the first shot.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:58 AM

Well, I like how this poll turned out.
Almost 70% said "anything you want". At least there is some hope.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:19 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Well, I like how this poll turned out.
Almost 70% said "anything you want". At least there is some hope.
Looking at exactly how people voted, I was not surprised at the results so far. Location location location. Those that voted for hunting rifles and shotguns only, were from areas that are fairly safe and yet heavily populated. Lots of suburb area, kind of rural. I was, however, really surprised at some of the middle ground votes that came from the Western States with very low population and yet a high percentage of gun owners and hunters. But, it's each individuals right to choose what they feel is right for their life. You didn't ask what people felt the nation should do as a whole, but more what an individual felt was right. It's turned out a real good discussion so far and is an outstanding poll.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
If you read my post, I was talking about my .50BMG, with AP ammo (have boxes of it), will seize your motor on the first shot.

very true, raufuss rounds tend to do that. not only would it destroy the nengine, but more than likely go through the entire vehicle.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Looking at exactly how people voted, I was not surprised at the results so far. Location location location. Those that voted for hunting rifles and shotguns only, were from areas that are fairly safe and yet heavily populated. Lots of suburb area, kind of rural. I was, however, really surprised at some of the middle ground votes that came from the Western States with very low population and yet a high percentage of gun owners and hunters. But, it's each individuals right to choose what they feel is right for their life. You didn't ask what people felt the nation should do as a whole, but more what an individual felt was right. It's turned out a real good discussion so far and is an outstanding poll.

I do wish that people would remember that the 2nd Amendment has nothing at all to do with sporting uses such as hunting, duck hunting or clay shooting. bur more if helping the civilian populace with keeping their goverment on the straight and narrow.

maybe if they understood this, then they would get tired of all the laws that keep the law abiding citizen from owning what they want for firearms.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
very true, raufuss rounds tend to do that. not only would it destroy the nengine, but more than likely go through the entire vehicle.
Absolutely. Kicks like a mule, and the muzzle flash is nasty, (and wear both earplugs and earmuffs) but it does what is was designed to do. (Don't have anything on the bench, as it will go flying )

At 100 yards, it is like fish in a barrel. Woo Hoo!

Old 05-14-2012, 02:11 PM

24 posts, read 65,483 times
This looks like a tough crowd. Why would anyone need anything more than a handgun or a hunting rifle?

Old 05-14-2012, 05:30 PM

751 posts, read 1,482,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranStan View Post
This looks like a tough crowd. Why would anyone need anything more than a handgun or a hunting rifle?
Because I *CAN*.

Why would anyone need anything more than the same car as the neighbor?
Why would anyone need any other house than the same house their neighbor has.
Why would anyone need a different television than the neighbor.
A different stove, fridge, flavor of coffee, shirt, shoes, or even dinner?

Easy to answer.....

Because we *CAN*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting