Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 12:02 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times

Advertisements

Google Shopping bans firearms, knives and ammunition from site listings - National Hunting & Fishing | Examiner.com

Checked it this morning and its now in full ban mode.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 07-02-2012 at 12:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 04:05 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
Never have and never will use google shopping, Google search results will still get the job done.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:35 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,188,178 times
Meh, I prefer patronizing local gun stores for my shopping purposes. When they don't have what I want, I'll have them order it or I'll go on one of a few websites I have accounts with and order some stuff. Brown Ells and DoubleTap Ammo are two of my most common sources outside of local gun stores.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:04 AM

It was still nice to punch in Winchester White box ammo and have 100 vendors come up with current prices. I found LOTS of great deals over the net using for that last several years.

Bing is a good alternative.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:17 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
My server will not let me go to the link, but on google search, I can still search on line gun purchases? And get the links?

Old 07-03-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
My server will not let me go to the link, but on google search, I can still search on line gun purchases? And get the links?

The regular search is still active for Guns and ammo. It is specifically the shopping search function that has been filtered to remove guns, ammo and the like.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:49 PM

23,850 posts, read 24,091,732 times
I've bought ammo from LuckyGunner.com a few times. Good prices and quick shipping. For guns, I either shop local (usually) or buy from one of the auction sites. If you're getting something fairly common, though, after shipping, you don't really save much that way.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I've bought ammo from LuckyGunner.com a few times. Good prices and quick shipping. For guns, I either shop local (usually) or buy from one of the auction sites. If you're getting something fairly common, though, after shipping, you don't really save much that way.
I have saved thousands scouring the internet for deals on guns and ammo even after shipping which is nominal if you do it right. Many times I work the deal so the shipping gets paid for by reducing the price of the item. To be fair about 80 percent of the great deal I get are through private sellers. The internet works both ways, commercial sellers have gotten better at price leveling their items to match competitors on a national level not just regional. My best deals on guns have come through kitchen table FFL's

Old 07-05-2012, 12:53 PM

142 posts, read 164,629 times
Google is an independent business that can regulate what they like. If they don't like blond plumbers they can deny adds based on that. Gun ownership and sales is not a protected class. As a bar owner I can deny serving people who are pro or anti gun if I want to take the time to figure out which is which. Why is is personal property is OK when its on one side and not OK when its not on your side? Take the good with the bad. No one is infringing on your right to own a gun when they say they do not want to do business with gun related products. eBay has done this, they do not allow selling of anything that makes a gun go bang. It is hit and miss as they do not catch some of the items that they will bounce out and they get to squeak through. But they have a right to do so and you have a right not to do business with a company that does not do what you think is right. Its just how things work. If you are posting because you want to boycott Google thats one thing but it seems like you think its illegal for them to do this.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidigger View Post
Google is an independent business that can regulate what they like. If they don't like blond plumbers they can deny adds based on that. Gun ownership and sales is not a protected class. As a bar owner I can deny serving people who are pro or anti gun if I want to take the time to figure out which is which. Why is is personal property is OK when its on one side and not OK when its not on your side? Take the good with the bad. No one is infringing on your right to own a gun when they say they do not want to do business with gun related products. eBay has done this, they do not allow selling of anything that makes a gun go bang. It is hit and miss as they do not catch some of the items that they will bounce out and they get to squeak through. But they have a right to do so and you have a right not to do business with a company that does not do what you think is right. Its just how things work. If you are posting because you want to boycott Google thats one thing but it seems like you think its illegal for them to do this.
I or any other poster never stated that they didn't have the right to do whatever the hell makes them happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting