Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 05:41 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
I have to wonder everytime one of these ammo or gun threads start how many of these shooters have any primitive weapons training or own any primitive weapons for that time when the bullets run out.
I have several wrist rockets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 12:56 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
I have to wonder everytime one of these ammo or gun threads start how many of these shooters have any primitive weapons training or own any primitive weapons for that time when the bullets run out.
I've got black powder guns, moulds and plenty of lead

Old 07-27-2012, 01:08 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times
Default Need for bulk ammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidigger View Post
I have been listening to the press all day. I am a liberal and gun owner. But this rant about not needing this amount of ammunition is getting under my skin. I stock pile ammo because I can not afford to shoot and only buy a couple of boxes at the local shop every time I want to shoot.
Those days are gone when I could buy a couple of boxes of 223 for 2.50 a box, now its 10 to 20 dollars a box and its too high.

I buy in bulk or bulk and load my own. I shoot some 1 to 200 rounds in one day setting of 9mm and some 100 rounds of 223. So me buying 1000 rounds of ammo is not stock piling ammo for some nefarious reason.
You should be happy with higher prices, most liberals are...

Old 07-27-2012, 02:06 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,677,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I've got black powder guns, moulds and plenty of lead
Then you really ARE ahead of the game!

Old 07-30-2012, 04:25 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I agree that 6,000 round of ammon isn't really THAT much ammo to a dedicated shooter. Many shooters do buy in bulk just to reduce costs. Heck, Caballes my offer bulk sales of 5,000 rounds at reduced prices,,,I've bought 1,000 rounds at once before and the thought occured to me: "hmmm, am I going to be on some FBI list somewhere now?"
here in Wisconsin there is no such thing as ammo registration, I dont know about other states.
I bought a half pallet of 556 and a half pallet of 762 last year. only person who knows how much i have is the seller, and he likes gun owners business too much to be ratting people out on something that is legal to own and use.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:55 PM

271 posts, read 239,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
here in Wisconsin there is no such thing as ammo registration, I dont know about other states.
I bought a half pallet of 556 and a half pallet of 762 last year. only person who knows how much i have is the seller, and he likes gun owners business too much to be ratting people out on something that is legal to own and use.
No paperwork or registration for me either on loaded ammo bought local. I usually buy my bullets bulk for reloading. I buy 10,000 at a time. You have to buy at least 2,000 to get the free shipping. I buy my primers by the case of 5,000. A typical order is usually however many I can get into a 48 pound UPS HAZMAT box. Like 45,000 or 50,000 depending on large or small. My powder comes in 8 pound kegs as well. I don't screw around with 1 pound containers. They are too expensive and add up if you use a lot. The only paperwork is a shipping record from the suppliers. Yes, I'm over 21 and not a felon, druggie, nutcase. Good enough, I signed the one time form. Loaded factory ammo I buy always comes in case lots. Wood crates and battlepacks/steel ammo cans. I don't do the one box here at Wally World, one box here at Dick's, one box here at my local gunshops, one box here at Big R thing. You'll pay through the roof.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:50 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,481,187 times
I have three cats I can throw at you...is that primitive enough?

Old 07-31-2012, 11:14 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Angry cats can be terrifying weapons of mass destruction. Their propensity for causing general annoyance and inconvenience is astounding- you don't know "pissed off" til you've stepped in a fresh cat barf pile or turd or seen some of your favorite furniture shredded.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:31 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Quote:
Quote:
I had over 40 thousand rounds, I sold most of it off last year when the fever hit high on the paranoia scale. I doubled my money and then bought a reloading set up and got back into it and now most of my ammo is loaded as I use it. I made the most money off the black talons I bought before the winchester pull off. I paid 13 a box and sold it for 90 a box. LOL Sheepel.
Wow! 40k? (I'm dialing the BATFE as we speak. I'm sure they can easily hack into C-D's database and track your URL and so on. In fact, I have a suspicion that City-Data IS the FBI/BATFE!)

So... don't be surprised when you get a real heavy-duty knock on your door right in the middle of your deepest REM sleep patterns! (You DO know that they are monitoring those too, yes? ) You guys all thought those new fluorescent light bulbs only produced light? Wow. Just WOW! You ARE gullible! Those are all micro-radio transmitters that first listen to your chit-chat and also monitor your heart and respiration rate.

So they know if you're lying when they call you on the phone, supposedly offering you a good deal on carpet cleaning (Don't DO IT! Trust ME! I know what happens next!)

You know, they only call soz they can get you into a conversation, right under that new fluoro-light you innocently screwed in [to your life!].. I've also heard that the latest ones can also measure your blood glucose and galvanic skin response. By tiny little lasers! Really!....)

Quote:
Quote:
Quite so, but I'll still stick with my Sharps and Winny High Walls both in 45-90, or my Marlin 1895 in 45-70, so I don't have to carry all that messy BP paraphernalia in my "Possibles Bag". uses the same black powder, which I can even make myself if I can find some saltpetre, and some primers. But these rifles also load in a few seconds, and have significantly better range and velocities. And they can also use smokeless powder! Note: those primers have gone from about $12/1000 5 - 8 years ago to ≈ $40/1000 now in my area. Oh-oh!

Those Wrist Rockets are a very good survivalist idea though. (but do lay in a few replacement elastic tubes!). I would NOT want to catch a nice round pebble or .40 cal ball right in the head from about 40 feet away! "BAMM-Clock!" And... down he goes!

Also ,don't forget that silencers are now legal, as I understand it, in all 50 states. Set up a .22 with one of those, using sub-sonic ammo, and you could drop all the small game/birds etc you want to without waking the local snitch! And finally, don't forget a good .20cal springer air rifle that launches those pellets at about 950 to 1050 fps! They will in act kill a coyote @ 20 feet!

Old 08-01-2012, 06:34 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,631,650 times
Quote:
I have been listening to the press all day. I am a liberal and gun owner. But this rant about not needing this amount of ammunition is getting under my skin. I stock pile ammo because I can not afford to shoot and only buy a couple of boxes at the local shop every time I want to shoot.
Those days are gone when I could buy a couple of boxes of 223 for 2.50 a box, now its 10 to 20 dollars a box and its too high.

I buy in bulk or bulk and load my own. I shoot some 1 to 200 rounds in one day setting of 9mm and some 100 rounds of 223. So me buying 1000 rounds of ammo is not stock piling ammo for some nefarious reason.
It's just the liberal gubmint wanting more control over you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting