Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 09:11 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,162 times

Advertisements

I appreciate everybody's help . Apparently there's something else going on besides the spring issue . I figured that out with ya'lls help but there are other issues . It's going to a gunsmith .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 05:55 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
I appreciate everybody's help . Apparently there's something else going on besides the spring issue . I figured that out with ya'lls help but there are other issues . It's going to a gunsmith .
Kinda figured that, get back to us with the outcome of this little drama.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:45 AM

It'll be a week before my schedule will allow a trip to the gunsmith , but I'll follow up here . Thanks again .

Old 10-14-2012, 12:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
What is the problem now?

Who took the gun apart? This is basic field stripping stuff anyone would do to just clean the gun after a shoot.

Can you assemble everything except the spring?

I have seen people miss the very small notch on the slide and mis-mate the key, and that won't work....

If ya got a week then maybe there is still time to save you a labor rate of 80 bucks an hour.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:47 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
What is the problem now?

Who took the gun apart? This is basic field stripping stuff anyone would do to just clean the gun after a shoot.

Can you assemble everything except the spring?

I have seen people miss the very small notch on the slide and mis-mate the key, and that won't work....

If ya got a week then maybe there is still time to save you a labor rate of 80 bucks an hour.
Agreed especially with all the You Tube instruction available. Heck there is probably free training at local gun ranges and clubs. Lord knows many gun owners are know it alls and willing to share that knowledge at a moments notice.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Agreed especially with all the You Tube instruction available. Heck there is probably free training at local gun ranges and clubs. Lord knows many gun owners are know it alls and willing to share that knowledge at a moments notice.
I fear a gun that is used and never properly cleaned because people fear a common field stripping. I hacve no idea about the OP, of course and wish to help.

The help is based on him understanding the issue and saving cash.

The fear i read from a buddy of mine who buys guns as investments and never shoots them. He took apart his Les Baer 1911's (2 of them) and then called me in a panic...

It didn't help I took along the old WW-2 vintage Rand and dropped it in pieces in with his parts either

Worse i took down my head rag (long hair country boy thang) and began to pick up pieces one by one blind and set each one of a kind in it's location, and then not hearing (there was a lot of protesting going on) assembled one complete gun and then another until all 3 were assembled but blind

Of course there were parts of all 3 guns on each frame! How could that not happen I was working blind!
At that point I did my best to try and claim all 3 guns as MINE, since of course some parts on all 3 guns were mine!

After while i put each gun back as they should be and then offered some for free ammo

I thought my buddy was gonna have a heart attack! he was like WHAT! SHOOT THESE Investments? No WAY!

In my world i got no use of closet queens.. if a gun isn't a shooter I have no need of it.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:36 PM

Well , I said I would be back . This whole drama started with a broken slide stop . A friend took it apart and was going to replace it . Brought it to me in pieces . After figuring out where I was going wrong with the reassembly , there was an issue with the slide stop itself . It needed some minor fitting to make it work correctly . A local gunsmith took care of it while I waited and didn't charge me anything .

Old 10-19-2012, 05:49 PM

So it works and the owner can field strip it to clean it? That's all I am in for..... I hate broken stuff.

Probably why i fix broken stuff...

Old 10-20-2012, 08:36 PM

I made him aware of the videos and that problem shouldn't arise again . I hope .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting