Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:02 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,309 times

Advertisements

The House has a bill banning mags over 10 rounds. I don't' think it will come to the floor for a vote. But after Bidden comes in with his recommendation I can see some executive order from the President. Now if that would go to the Supreme court or not I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 08:05 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
The House has a bill banning mags over 10 rounds. I don't' think it will come to the floor for a vote. But after Bidden comes in with his recommendation I can see some executive order from the President. Now if that would go to the Supreme court or not I don't know.
If he issues an EO that is Unconstitutional and SCOTUS doesn't smack him down, it will trigger a constitutional crisis. Dangerous times.

I am NOT endorsing any sort of violence, whatsoever. I do, however, predict it. And it could, very well, lead to a full blown civil war. That, too, is a prediction, NOT an endorsement.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:38 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Just ordered a Taurus Judge public defender, 200 rounds of .410, 150 rounds of 45 colt, and 800 more or less 7.62x54. If/when I can get the desired 7.72x54 VEPR, I am ordering and that will be it.
Let us know how that judge works out. I always used to want one but decided for me, they were more novelty than they were for practical use. If I lived in an area with a lot of snakes, maybe I'd get one but beyond that, I just don't have a use for it.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:46 PM

385 posts, read 615,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
Could it be that some of the posts we read are by individuals/parties that have something to benefit by a buying freenzy?
What keeps sellers/manufacturers from posting?
Beats the heck out of advertising the traditional and costly way.
In the interest of full disclosure, I hold an FFL though our business model is geared more toward services like gunsmithing and restorations than retail sales.

I am not happy with the current state of the industry, and neither are most other dealers. Yes, prices are high - but my inventory is gone. The only sales I'm making now are consignments or if I dig into my personal collection, and I'll admit that my own safe is a bit lighter now.

I call my distributor to see what, if anything is available, and the few "unicorns" are all allocated for the large accounts. I understand that I'm small fry and thankfully we have other sources of revenue besides retail sales, but every mom-n-pop shop in the country is having the same problem. If they don't start getting restocked soon, expect many to shut their doors later this year. They just don't have the savings to float for several months of no cash flowing in.

Also, given the political climate there's no way the manufacturers will ramp up production. Lead times for that are measured in months if not years for finding, buying and/or renting a facility, purchasing equipment, hiring workers, etc. They could spend the capital and be halfway through the process when some law gets passed that would ban much of what they would be selling. They just can't take that risk.

That said, if there's a revolver or a pump/lever/bolt gun on your wish list, now is the time to get it as they're still plentiful so the prices haven't gone nuts.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:56 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
If he issues an EO that is Unconstitutional and SCOTUS doesn't smack him down, it will trigger a constitutional crisis. Dangerous times.

I am NOT endorsing any sort of violence, whatsoever. I do, however, predict it. And it could, very well, lead to a full blown civil war. That, too, is a prediction, NOT an endorsement.
There will be no full blown civil war . As long as people have their cable TV , cell phone service , internet , and enough gas to get to the mall and back , they'll just continue to bend over and accept whatever comes down from Washington .

Old 01-05-2013, 06:14 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Let us know how that judge works out. I always used to want one but decided for me, they were more novelty than they were for practical use. If I lived in an area with a lot of snakes, maybe I'd get one but beyond that, I just don't have a use for it.
Snakes are why I got it. May keep some PD rounds in it while home, but it is my snake gun. Frm reviews and YouTube it looks pretty good inside 5-7 yards with the Win PDX loads.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:02 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhounit View Post
There will be no full blown civil war . As long as people have their cable TV , cell phone service , internet , and enough gas to get to the mall and back , they'll just continue to bend over and accept whatever comes down from Washington .
My freind, I could not have said it better myself, though I was about to try, but you beat me to it. There will be no revolt or uprising, and the notion of a civil war is simply laughable, no offense intended to anyone who thinks it may happen. The fact is, to put it bluntly, Americans just don't give a $%&! anymore the way they did in the times of let's say, The Boston Tea Party. Times have changed and not for the better. What has this country come to when it's citizenry as a whole cares more about who wins this season of American Idol or which celebrity relationship will fall apart this week, than they do about what is going on in Washington.

Don't get me wrong, I wish Americans cared enough to start a civil war over their liberties being stripped away, not that I would want it to go that far. There may be some resistence, but I think the majority of Americans will gladly surrender their rights to gain some false sense of security like the sheep they are.

Civil War.......? I say pipe dream.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:36 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
Before the last incident I purchased a Rem. 1911.
Great buy! I was looking at these myself. Love the grips too!

Meantime, I wanted a typical sorta-standard 1911, but I "settled" for one'them Para Ord. GI Expert models. Was not disappointed: great trigger, bbl-to-slide fit is spectacular, good durable Cerami-coat type black finish, and so on. But... the sights are, well... just OK. (White dot. I will likely fit some better ones, but NOT tritium. Not necessary. Go for a laser!)

Only thing I need is an ambi-safety, and I may also reverse the mag release button. (we lefties plan to take over the world, don't'cha know?).

But as an FFL, I will tell you that, as of yesterday, Brownell's has NO AR parts, hi caps, etc. Not even for, say, 6.5 Grendell or 6.8SPC uppers. I've even had some callers willing to buy a leftie STAG rifle even though they are righties.

Two things have come together to cause this: that shooting and the resulting political opportunist reaction ("Leave no good crisis unused!" Rahm Emanuel), coupled with the usual end of year shortages when we are just prior to the SHOT how, where so many distributors usually place their big yearly orders. So the manufacturers hold off until they get those firm orders in hand, but this time, those manufacturers also want to see the possible Pelosi/Feinstein restrictions.

Quite the scenario, to be sure! One thing is for sure, there will be some sort of fallback position with Feinstein after she scares the heck out of us, so she can claim to be compromising and willing to work with the Republicans, who will also capitulate in order to be seen to be reasonable.

So.. unless you do choose to fight, you can and will kiss those ARs etc. goodbye. I saw it in Canada in the late '80s, and I know we're not like those bleeting sheeple, but still, as noted above, I doubt if to many here will abandon their Direct TV watching and actually take their rifles to Main Street and chant "Molon Labe"

Still, one can always have hope, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting