Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 03:14 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times

Advertisements

I've been at firearms dealers three days in a row now and each and every day they haven't been able to reach the FBI to conduct a background check. In otherwords, A LOT of people are buying guns! I'm sure we have at least one here on City-Data.......

If so, what did you get? I bought a Charter Arms 2000 Undercover snubby .38. Ive been looking for a snubby for awhile now and got it at a good price. How about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 03:20 PM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
I don't currently own an AR but, as a contrarian, I now have the urge to get one. Problem is that the AWB never went away in MD and will be tightened even further to ban making your own.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:16 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I've been at firearms dealers three days in a row now and each and every day they haven't been able to reach the FBI to conduct a background check. In otherwords, A LOT of people are buying guns! I'm sure we have at least one here on City-Data.......

If so, what did you get? I bought a Charter Arms 2000 Undercover snubby .38. Ive been looking for a snubby for awhile now and got it at a good price. How about you?
I live in Cali, and I'd have to move to buy anything worth owning. We can buy bullpup's but the clips are welded in (snark) and limited to 4 rounds.

AK ASSAULT WEAPONS - ORIGINALLY IDENTIFIED
THESE ASSAULT WEAPONS HAD TO BE REGISTERED BY MARCH 31, 1992.

MAADI CO
AK47
ARM
Made in China
AK
AKM
AKS
AK47
AK 47S
56S
84S
86S
Norinco
56 S
84 S
86 S
Poly Technologies
AKS
AK47

AK SERIES ASSAULT WEAPONS - RECENTLY IDENTIFIED
THESE ASSAULT WEAPONS MUST BE REGISTERED BY DECEMBER 31, 2000.[/SIZE]

American Arms
AK-Y 39
AK-F 39
AK-C 47
AK-F 47
Arsenal
SLR (all)
SLG (all)
B-West
AK-47 (all)
Hesse Arms
Model 47 (all)
Wieger STG 940 Rifle
Inter Ordnance - Monroe, NC
AK-47 (all)
RPK
M-97
Kalishnikov USA
Hunter Rifle
MAADI CO
MISR (all)
MISTR (all)
MARS
Pistol
Mitchell Arms, Inc.
AK-47 (all)
AK-47 Cal. 308 (all)
M-76
RPK
M-90
Norinco
AK-47 (all)
86 (all)
Hunter Rifle
Model B (all)
NHM 90, 90-2, 91 Sport
RPK Rifle
Type 81 S (all)
MAK 90
Ohio Ordnance Works (o.o.w.)
ROMAK 991
Valmet
Hunter Rifle
76 S
WUM
WUM (all)

AR ASSAULT WEAPONS - ORIGINALLY IDENTIFIED
THESE ASSAULT WEAPONS HAD TO BE REGISTERED BY MARCH 31, 1992.

Colt
AR-15

AR SERIES ASSAULT WEAPONS - RECENTLY IDENTIFIED
THESE ASSAULT WEAPONS MUST BE REGISTERED BY DECEMBER 31, 2000.

American Spirit
USA Model
Armalite
AR 10 (all)
M15 (all)
Golden Eagle
Bushmaster
Bushmaster XM15 (all)
Colt
Sporter (all)
Match Target (all)
Law Enforcement (6920)
Eagle Arms
M15 (all)
EA-15 A2 H-BAR
EA-15 E1
Dalphon
B.F.D.
DPMS
Panther (all)
Hesse Arms
HAR 15A2 (all)
Knights
SR-15 (all)
SR-25 (all)
RAS (all)
Les Baer
Ultimate AR (all)
Olympic Arms
AR-15
Car-97
PCR (all)
Professional Ordnance, Inc.
Carbon 15 Rifle
Carbon 15 Pistol
Palmetto
SGA (all)
PWA
All Models
Rock River Arms, Inc.
Standard A-2
Car A2
Standard A-4 Flattop
Car A4 Flattop
NM A2 - DCM Legal
LE Tactical Carbine
Wilson Combat
AR-15

And now because of the shooting they are going to introduce even more bans. As if these bans have been a success!!! Anyone remember the BofA in North Hollywood? What a crock.

Tell me they could never come after all the guns, or that it's just conspiracy nuts who are afraid of such things, after reading this list. It's been this way for 20 years in the land of talking heads.

A move to Idaho, AZ, Utah, or Texas is on the table for my family.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:53 PM

19,777 posts, read 22,673,762 times
No. The only thing that I bought lately was a .338 Win Mag barrel for my Encore for elk hunting, but that was a private sale.

Last year I bought reloading supplies because the cost of ammo has gone through the roof with the ongoing wars and preppers putting ammo through the roof. I have to start re-loading for my .257, .30-06, .40-70, .44 mag and now .338 Win Mag to cut costs.

For a stretch of 10 years I think I bought 3 boxes of .30-06, some 12 and 20 ga for bird and some target .22's for plinking. I can't afford much else. I have a friend that connects me with .45 ACP for my glock, so I'm not worried about that breaking the bank.

I have zero desire to pad the wallets of any manufacturer of 'semi auto military style firearms'. You are more than likely paying a mark-up of 200% them. That's insane. I had my fill of them when I served- no need for them now. For me.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
A DPMS AR complete....an upper to build another (already have several stripped lowers)....an AK in 5.56....coupla 45's. That's about it for this week....

Old 12-22-2012, 11:35 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Most of the gun shops are pretty barren and no wonder with this pending open threat.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:57 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
I pretty much have all the civilianized military lookalike misnamed assault rifles I will probably need for awhile, but I did buy 2 barrett 50 bmg's 18 more pistols and about 800 magazines total. I was just lucky that I put in the order while the shooting was still going on and got everything at a very reduced price.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:01 PM

19,777 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Well that's a pile of iron right there...

Old 12-23-2012, 12:58 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default Alternates?

The ugly and vengeful feelings that currently run rampant with the firearms-illiterate (even the ever-perky Katie Couric, and that virulently anti-fun Wolfy Blitzer...) who have both been told a few hundred times the diff between a machine gun and a modern semi-auto, AR/aK..) may very well succeed this time around, for the House & Senate to intro some rather restrictive new bans on "assault-styled" rifles.

I do indeed also forsee a possible temporary Presidential Mandate that the sale of such firearms be at least temporarily halted pending the well-thought-out opinions of our very well informed VP, Jumpin' Joe Biden.. Also, I thinking we may well see a permanent ban on Hi-Cap mags in anything, and since a mag is not that expensive in the scheme of things, they could become illegal to own.

Not to mention a limit on the absolute amount or number of rounds you can 1) purchase at any one time (let's speculate: a max of 100 per purchase, once per month?), or that you can lawfully own in your home (no more than, say, 500 round tops, expecting .22s, which you can own up to, oh... 1500 or so? )

So.. yeah: that'll do the trick on schoolyard shootings, furshur!

Meantime, you will indeed have a hard time right now finding .223, 12 ga, & even .308 stuff! Reloading components are also going to get slim, so buy now before this all hits the now-spinning-up legislative fan. Primers, powder, boolitz et al.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:31 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
The ugly and vengeful feelings that currently run rampant with the firearms-illiterate (even the ever-perky Katie Couric, and that virulently anti-fun Wolfy Blitzer...) who have both been told a few hundred times the diff between a machine gun and a modern semi-auto, AR/aK..) may very well succeed this time around, for the House & Senate to intro some rather restrictive new bans on "assault-styled" rifles.

I do indeed also forsee a possible temporary Presidential Mandate that the sale of such firearms be at least temporarily halted pending the well-thought-out opinions of our very well informed VP, Jumpin' Joe Biden.. Also, I thinking we may well see a permanent ban on Hi-Cap mags in anything, and since a mag is not that expensive in the scheme of things, they could become illegal to own.

Not to mention a limit on the absolute amount or number of rounds you can 1) purchase at any one time (let's speculate: a max of 100 per purchase, once per month?), or that you can lawfully own in your home (no more than, say, 500 round tops, expecting .22s, which you can own up to, oh... 1500 or so? )

So.. yeah: that'll do the trick on schoolyard shootings, furshur!

Meantime, you will indeed have a hard time right now finding .223, 12 ga, & even .308 stuff! Reloading components are also going to get slim, so buy now before this all hits the now-spinning-up legislative fan. Primers, powder, boolitz et al.
Guess I'll be in trouble then, cuz I already own a pile of 500 rd. bricks an I aint given'em up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting