Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:35 AM

3,378 posts, read 9,209,035 times

Advertisements

Seems like every single website I google is sold out or back ordered.

What are your go to websites?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 AM

651 posts, read 705,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
Seems like every single website I google is sold out or back ordered.

What are your go to websites?

Thanks!
Good luck. I only have 6000 rounds and have been looking and not one place has them at a price I will pay if they even have some for sale. I just made a trade for 9mm mak ammo for 9mm luger. I have one mak and 2k mak rounds. way too many, as I have several 9mm lugers and only 2k rouds.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:34 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,022,761 times
over the holidays i was given an old colt .22 pistol that's been in the family, and one would think it would be easy to get .22 rounds... but noooooo.
In fact we hit stores between Wi and SC in our travels as well as online, and everything was off the shelf or on b/o. So i've been able to just look at this neat pistol.. and look at it.... and look at it...

I did order a few boxes of the rounds i wanted from a local place online (Palmetto State Armory), but i ordered them 12/31 and they just shipped yesterday (couldnt get them in store here). At least they shipped. Same rounds on every site i've searched for online is on b/o, and due dates ranging from 1/26 to late spring.

good luck!

Old 01-17-2013, 02:19 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
You can try here, they seem to be up to date? This is in Alabama, however, there maybe a CMP around you....Civilian Marksmanship program...

5000 rounds shipped to your door for about $250

Sales - Ammunition

Old 01-18-2013, 11:35 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Good luck with that one lol. There is absolutely nothing out there. I started stocking up on .22 ammo several months ago and I'm sit'n pretty now. I just had a feeling something like this was coming. These sites don't even have any guns in stock. I've been looking everywhere for an SR9 but everything is gone. An ammo factory in my town, just a little mom and pop type operation, has even suspended ammo sales for the time being.

When do you think this market will stabalize again?

Old 01-18-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

When do you think this market will stabalize again?
for what it's worth, i have a family member in hunting/sporting goods retail and sounds like per some manu reps this could go on for some months... guess i picked a great time to be given an old family pistol and between "Christmas time/panic sales/empty shelves and web sites" try to find some little old .22 bullets lol

OP, btw i did just get the CCI std velocity .22LRs yesterday that I ordered on 12/31 from Palmetto State Armory here in SC; cant say if they have anymore available, but they show online they ship in about 15 days and that was right on. Of course if i find this brand ammo works best in the old Colt, i will wish i had ordered more then 4 boxes....

Old 01-19-2013, 08:42 PM

782 posts, read 1,356,600 times
Not sure if we should be taking the 'panic-buy now' attitude with ammo
Could look at it this way: if people have gone this far in life without stockpiling ammo and guns, why run out and buy up everything now? Seems like it just worsens it for all buyers by making it big demand/small supply...higher prices to come. Who's benefiting the most in this crisis?

Old 01-20-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorman View Post
Not sure if we should be taking the 'panic-buy now' attitude with ammo
Could look at it this way: if people have gone this far in life without stockpiling ammo and guns, why run out and buy up everything now? Seems like it just worsens it for all buyers by making it big demand/small supply...higher prices to come. Who's benefiting the most in this crisis?
saw a pic from a local gun show yesterday that had thousands in attendance. Guy was sitting in the parking lot, in the back of his truck, trying to sell a gun he just bought earlier that day. Combine that mentallity with those selling guns 2-5x their normal retail, and i dont know who's worse... the person price gouging or the person paying that price.

It's idiotic, and those participating are killing the market for the avg owner/shooter. And i have zero pity for anyone who gets caught up in all this and actually pays those outrageous prices..

Just my .02

Old 01-20-2013, 09:53 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
saw a pic from a local gun show yesterday that had thousands in attendance.
The police had to shut a gun show in my area down the other day because of the sheer volume of people showing up. They didn't really shut it down, but they closed the doors and said basically, if you aren't in , you aren't getting in.

Quote:

i dont know who's worse... the person price gouging or the person paying that price.
Thats an easy one, the person paying the price is worse. As they say, theres a sucker born every minute and if someone has something, and someone else is wiilling to pay x amount of dollars for it, by all means, go for it. I do agree with your sentiment that those panic buying are ruining things for uus average joe's though. I have a feeling all these people are going to be disappointed when we all wake up one morning a few months from now and the gun they just payed $2500 for is retailing for $800. What is everyone so worried about? Don't they realise we have a Repub. controlled House? I don't look for any MAJOR legislation to pass for at least 2 years. Even leaders in the senate are luke warm about the idea, saying "we aren't going to spend a lot of time on something that we know will fail just so we can say we did something"

[/quote]

Old 01-20-2013, 11:09 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
SGAmmo
Luckygunner
Sportsman's Guide
AIM Surplus
Palmetto State Armory
AmmunitionToGo

SGAmmo, Luckygunner, AIM, PSA, and AmmoToGo are the ones I usually check first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting