Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 03:53 AM

315 posts, read 255,866 times

Advertisements

Well, even the ones that actually try to get the facts like Maddow's don't get them right. She keep touting that if the 94 AWB was still on that mags would be impossible to buy. LMAO. I bought more mags after the ban then before. The only mag I had a hard time buying was the Ruger 10/22 and I now have some 15 HC steel lips and BX25s. I am good.

The only thing I sold off was my two drum mags for my aks. Silly thing I did. But I can wait and will buy one for my AK when it all dies down.
I also need some AK mags 30 rounders but I can wait. They are already available for not too bad prices. I got a few of the AR mags SS with anti tilt for 12 bucks from midway. I also just got a box of 1000 rounds of 22lr from one of the box stores for 54. So its coming in and its getting a bit easier to find, not great but its there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 05:30 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
Default And the liberal lies continue

MILLER: Democratic front group hyped as hunters by media in gun control fight - Washington Times

HURT: Obama's 'common sense' on guns makes no sense - Washington Times

And here's the doozy, A speech obama made in San Francisco
http://m.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of...n-francisco-ca

Quote:
Now, over the next couple of months, we’ve got a couple of issues: gun control. (Applause.) I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon -- by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly.
Nothing but an outright, obvious lie, but he has no problem stating it as fact.

Last edited by NHDave; 04-06-2013 at 06:12 AM..

Old 04-06-2013, 09:57 AM

Default One of Bloomberg’s ‘Mayors Against Illegal Guns’ Arrested

just, wow...

Unreal – One of Bloomberg’s ‘Mayors Against Illegal Guns’ Arrested For Trying to Force Man to Have Sex With Him … at Gunpoint

Old 04-08-2013, 01:57 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
"N.Y. Dad’s Pistol License Suspended Over Something His 10-Year-Old Son Said — and It Could Be 8 Years Before He Gets It Back"

N.Y. Dad’s Pistol License Suspended Over Something His 10-Year-Old Son Said — and It Could Be 8 Years Before He Gets It Back | TheBlaze.com

Old 04-08-2013, 11:57 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Whats even more astounding is that he is allowed to get away with it...... Deliberately decieving the public in order to shape policy should be grounds for immediate impeachment in my opinion, no matter the issue.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:13 AM

Sandy Hook Parents Coming to DC on Air Force One to Lobby Congress

Old 04-10-2013, 09:16 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
The numbers just don't add up.

For a while, the Anti's were touting the number 80%. They said, 80% of the country wanted more gun control and wanted expanded back ground checks. Like any fish story where the fish continue's to grow with each telling, President Obama has recently said that it is 90%, not 80%. He has stated that 90% of the NRA members are in favor of back ground checks.

Somebody on this forum mentioned that it would be nice if the NRA got some new internal numbers. According to this article, they have.

The Math Doesn't Add Up for Gun Control Advocates | Debate Club | US News Opinion

I hope his budget comes closer to "Real Numbers" than what all of his speeches do.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:26 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times
Default New York Police Confiscating Firearms from.........

The linked site is one of the more inflammatory sites on the web but this story could be more true than not since those who have mental problems (treatable problems) may loose their right to own guns.

» New York Police Confiscating Firearms from People Taking Anti-anxiety Medication Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Old 04-10-2013, 12:10 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
The numbers just don't add up.

For a while, the Anti's were touting the number 80%. They said, 80% of the country wanted more gun control and wanted expanded back ground checks. Like any fish story where the fish continue's to grow with each telling, President Obama has recently said that it is 90%, not 80%. He has stated that 90% of the NRA members are in favor of back ground checks.

Somebody on this forum mentioned that it would be nice if the NRA got some new internal numbers. According to this article, they have.

The Math Doesn't Add Up for Gun Control Advocates | Debate Club | US News Opinion

I hope his budget comes closer to "Real Numbers" than what all of his speeches do.
I've been saying the same thing about the Instant Check (the same registration scheme) for years. I hope that gun owners are waking up. We need to keep the pressure on to make sure that this does not pass. Our Republican House should be on our side but I still remember what happened when they voted on the Gun Control Act.

Thanks for the link.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:25 PM

315 posts, read 255,866 times
Then they should also suspend all cops and security and military people who are on the same drugs. I hope they sue the ass off the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting