Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 01:37 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Considering the fact that the ammo I saw at Cabelas last week were all .16 or higher, I'd say he's doing ok. I'd gladly buy it for .10 a round.
Thats what I thought. I have paid as much as .09 a round. And it goes in waves. I will see it at several stores one day and then nothing for three weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 02:04 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
Thats what I thought. I have paid as much as .09 a round. And it goes in waves. I will see it at several stores one day and then nothing for three weeks.
You're not anywhere near Nebraska, are you?

Old 12-06-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You're not anywhere near Nebraska, are you?
No, Flroida.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:49 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
No, Flroida.
Went to Walmart in NC yesterday and I see the hoarders beat me to it again.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:58 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,073 times
You can buy rifle and shotgun ammo, but that's about it. No pistol ammo, and 22lr has become the new gold standard. The guy that works behind the counter says that the same 10-12 guys wait for the truck each week and buy their limits before it ever hits the shelf.

My question is, what are they doing with all that ammo? Are they hoarding it, or do the actually go shooting all the time like I used to?

Old 12-07-2013, 07:03 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,073 times
Quote:
I will sell for what ever I want. Since I don't even want to sell its a gift to those who can not find it locally. I drive to several stores that are from 3 to 50 miles away to buy ammo and sometimes can not get there fast enough to buy. Let me give you a small lesson in how retail works, Walmart makes very little of their profit on ammo, so if they sell for a 3% or 5% mark on or up its all they need. They don't spend 30 bucks in a week on gas to drive around to pick it up. The last person I sold to lived about 60 miles from me and I was going to visit family past his area for Thanksgiving. I dropped it off to his home town just off the express way. So if I can't make 100% for all that then I will keep it. And if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it from me or pay 10 cents a round. That my friend is how it works.

Cockroach : Secrets of Cockroaches (Full Documentary) - YouTube

Old 12-07-2013, 10:51 AM

185 posts, read 405,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
You can buy rifle and shotgun ammo, but that's about it. No pistol ammo, and 22lr has become the new gold standard. The guy that works behind the counter says that the same 10-12 guys wait for the truck each week and buy their limits before it ever hits the shelf.

My question is, what are they doing with all that ammo? Are they hoarding it, or do the actually go shooting all the time like I used to?
One thing that Wal Marts could do to help this situation is to stop putting out the ammo at the same time every day; if they would go "random", the hoarders would then have the same chance as everyone else. I also think they should limit people to ONE brick per day; a few months ago, a guy ahead of me in line bought 3000 rounds of Winchester M-22, totally cleaned them out. Disgusting, if you ask me.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:57 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie7597 View Post
One thing that Wal Marts could do to help this situation is to stop putting out the ammo at the same time every day; if they would go "random", the hoarders would then have the same chance as everyone else. I also think they should limit people to ONE brick per day; a few months ago, a guy ahead of me in line bought 3000 rounds of Winchester M-22, totally cleaned them out. Disgusting, if you ask me.
why would they? They are not a charity. Their intent is to sell products. I have a hard time understanding why you expect them to do something like that.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:36 PM

One of my 4 local walmarts has a self imposed limit of 1 box of any ammo that is more than 300 rounds. The other three will sell me three boxes including the M22 1000 count that counts as one box. I walked into one of the local walmarts a bit over a week ago and they had one m22 thousand round count and several of the 550s, I was allowed to buy two 550 and one M22. By selling half of my buys to people who can't get it in their area I am helping them shoot. I see some retail places are selling it for 85 bucks still for 500 round bricks. At 50 a brick I am selling for 40 percent less then the retail store, and it helps me take my ammo count up. 60 thousand rounds and counting, got to be prepared for the zombi Apocalypse.

22lr was hard to find for over a year back in 2008 when Obama won the election. It was thought that he was going to declare a gun confiscation and I can remember it going from 18 bucks a brick to 22 and it was very hard to find and some places were asking 39 a brick and that was thought to be crazy money back then. Now its again hard to find and 39 a brick is thought to be not that bad. I won't pay more than 9 cents a round in the worst of it several months ago but that was my limit. There are ways of knowing when the ammo comes in to Walmart. It takes making friends with some of the store clerks and knowing the schedules. I also have an app that I can check stock at several walmarts on my phone. In stock does not mean its going to be there, someone can be in line to get ammo as you check, its a bit of hit and miss. I also get it on line, Several of the big stores sell it on line and I can at times get free shipping. There are several ways around the one box limit. My wife has an account with Bass Pro and other stores and we can get at least two boxes. 9mm is still hard to find, I don't buy it because I reload 9 so its not worth it to me to buy it, Way to expensive. I bought several pounds of powder and 4k primers before the craze so I am set for a bit. 30 caliber is also very expensive. I used to get 3006 for 8.99 for twenty rem hunting rounds and I even picked up a metal army ammo can with 1k 3006 for 159 bucks of PMC hunting ammo several years ago. Now it costs 29 bucks for 100 bullets for reloading. Crazy money. I know of several people who are buying up lead as fast as they can. Its gong to get harder to find lead as many states are starting to ban it. One person I know has been buying up lead from salvage sail boats, it was used as ballast. Ammo is still going out of my local walmarts fairly fast. Pistol ammo and 22lr being the hardest to find. I pick up Tula 7.62 now and then if no 22 is available. I can't load it for what I pay, 5.17 for 20 rounds. Not as good as what it was in 2009 when I paid 2.99 a box but one does what one can.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:13 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
One of my 4 local walmarts has a self imposed limit of 1 box of any ammo that is more than 300 rounds. The other three will sell me three boxes including the M22 1000 count that counts as one box. I walked into one of the local walmarts a bit over a week ago and they had one m22 thousand round count and several of the 550s, I was allowed to buy two 550 and one M22. By selling half of my buys to people who can't get it in their area I am helping them shoot. I see some retail places are selling it for 85 bucks still for 500 round bricks. At 50 a brick I am selling for 40 percent less then the retail store, and it helps me take my ammo count up. 60 thousand rounds and counting, got to be prepared for the zombi Apocalypse.

22lr was hard to find for over a year back in 2008 when Obama won the election. It was thought that he was going to declare a gun confiscation and I can remember it going from 18 bucks a brick to 22 and it was very hard to find and some places were asking 39 a brick and that was thought to be crazy money back then. Now its again hard to find and 39 a brick is thought to be not that bad. I won't pay more than 9 cents a round in the worst of it several months ago but that was my limit. There are ways of knowing when the ammo comes in to Walmart. It takes making friends with some of the store clerks and knowing the schedules. I also have an app that I can check stock at several walmarts on my phone. In stock does not mean its going to be there, someone can be in line to get ammo as you check, its a bit of hit and miss. I also get it on line, Several of the big stores sell it on line and I can at times get free shipping. There are several ways around the one box limit. My wife has an account with Bass Pro and other stores and we can get at least two boxes. 9mm is still hard to find, I don't buy it because I reload 9 so its not worth it to me to buy it, Way to expensive. I bought several pounds of powder and 4k primers before the craze so I am set for a bit. 30 caliber is also very expensive. I used to get 3006 for 8.99 for twenty rem hunting rounds and I even picked up a metal army ammo can with 1k 3006 for 159 bucks of PMC hunting ammo several years ago. Now it costs 29 bucks for 100 bullets for reloading. Crazy money. I know of several people who are buying up lead as fast as they can. Its gong to get harder to find lead as many states are starting to ban it. One person I know has been buying up lead from salvage sail boats, it was used as ballast. Ammo is still going out of my local walmarts fairly fast. Pistol ammo and 22lr being the hardest to find. I pick up Tula 7.62 now and then if no 22 is available. I can't load it for what I pay, 5.17 for 20 rounds. Not as good as what it was in 2009 when I paid 2.99 a box but one does what one can.

Nut jobs like you are why ammo is in short supply and expensive.

Here is a clue for you. When Obama decides to take your guns away he is going to pull up in front of your trailer with a tank and aim right for your front door. One shot and your home will be blown right off it's wheels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting