Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2013, 11:59 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,121,934 times

Advertisements

FWIT......After buying a couple of used holsters out of the "barrel" at one of the local gun shops in the area, I finally wised up and ordered one from a custom leather shop over in Colorado.......he recently added the SIG 1911 C3 to his list of holsters Specifically made for that particular SIG...........the Slide configuration of the C3 doesn't allow it to "be a perfect fit" in other 1911 holsters. I'll have it by the end of November and will report my impression(s) at that time.

.....OWB: Snap Belt Loops; Basketweave tooling; approx 15 degree forward Cant; Thumb Break Retention Snap-Strap sized to be worn over rear of slide with gun in Condition One; recommended position to be worn (approx 4 o'clock--strong side); Dark Cordovan color. And since a good, firm 1 1/2" Gun Belt should be used in conjunction with a perfectly fitting holster.....................I also ordered one of his hand made Gun Belts to match.................

At this point in my life............I get to spoil myself a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 02:29 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,080,512 times
A piece of machinery as fine as the 1911 only deserves the best.

Personally, I like going with the small shop leather makers myself as I find their prices and wait times are worth it. I prefer IWB. I'm more of a 1 1/4" belt fan myself with the stiffener stitched in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting