Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 09:02 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,481,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You are doing yourself, and by extension the entire "pro-gun" movement, a considerable disservice by continuing to hold on to the uneducated viewpoint that Feinstein is "ignorant".
So, by trying to ban guns based on their LOOKS, incorrectly stating that anyone can buy fully automatic weapons, calling parts "thingy" instead of their proper names and generally being wrong in everything she says about guns?

Yeah, that sounds like she really knows her stuff alright!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 09:03 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,509,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Does it matter what her anecdotal story is? So, I had a bad day...am I now right to make everyone else have one too?

Dianne "Let's make laws based on scary pictures" Feinstein!
Feinstein Admits New Federal Gun Control Laws Would Be Based On Picture Books
B-r-r-r-r-r-t! WRONG, but thank you for playing!

This isn't news -- it is editorial/political commentary that clearly has its own axe to grind. Why don't you try to find and post something that at least tries to be fair and unbiased? Oh yes, now I remember. Information, facts, data, logic and reason are LIBERAL. Conservatives depend on ignorance, illogic and emotion...

Please recall that I am an active proponent of The Second Amendment. In other words, in this subject area I'm on your side....

Old 12-10-2013, 09:16 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL32842.pdf

The second time the data proved the anti's wrong, when they initiated studies to prove their ignorance, which is exactly what it did, prove them ignorant.

The first one was the CDC study oduma ordered.

We should pass an Amendment that forces all Americans to buy and own an AR-16, 20 30 rounds standard magazines and have on hand at all times 1000 rounds of ammunition.

that way the USA will be lots safer, more jobs will be created and even the liberals will be able to defend themselves from the criminal element.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:01 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,944,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
that way the USA will be lots safer, more jobs will be created and even the liberals will be able to defend themselves from the criminal element.

I'd prefer if they can't protect themselves from the criminal element. Firsthand encounters with crime tend to start poking holes in ideological sympathy for criminals.

Old 12-11-2013, 07:38 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
ScoPro,

(I have roughly a dozen challenging questions, all of which directly pertain to our Bill of Rights. Let's start with this one.)

Are you just as offended that law-abiding citizens must register with the government before they can exercise their right to vote?

Yes? No? Why or why not?
Since I think the government can exclude violent felons & criminals from voting or possessing firearms, no I'm not opposed to an individual having to prove they are eligible to exercise those rights. I don't know anybody personally who wants violent felons & illegal aliens possessing firearms or voting.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:00 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:

With all due respect, unless you acquire this knowledge (or move to California), you probably ought to keep your uneducated, literally ignorant, opinions about Diane Feinstein to yourself.
WOW, You are free to support this dotty old fool and her uneducated positions, but you do not have the authority to silence other opinions.

She brings her phobias and ignorance based fears about guns to the table, and the facts be damned, she refuses to even listen.

Martin Luther King had clearly meet her type when he said;
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Old 12-11-2013, 12:59 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
When you live in a gated community with private security, have essentially a SWAT team stationed at your place of work, have a car taking you wherever you go and know that at a moments notice you can have a security team for your own private use, it's easy for people like Feinstein to say that the rest of us should be stuck with calling 911 and waiting for the police to come take your statement or load you in the meat wagon.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:23 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Magnum Mike,

You just verified my position -- you haven't the foggiest clue about why Diane Feinstein believes and acts the way she does. In other words, and in the textbook definition, it is YOU and not she who is ignorant.

Unlike you -- and thousands of others like you -- I know in considerable detail how she came to believe as she does. Though I, a California resident, strongly disagree with her position, I respect her choices because I know how they came about.

You are doing yourself, and by extension the entire "pro-gun" movement, a considerable disservice by continuing to hold on to the uneducated viewpoint that Feinstein is "ignorant".

With all due respect, unless you acquire this knowledge (or move to California), you probably ought to keep your uneducated, literally ignorant, opinions about Diane Feinstein to yourself.

Regards as always,

-- Nighteyes
The ol bat is nutz. She should have pulled her head out after the attempt on her life. She is the most hated woman in America because of her personal agenda.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:28 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Magnum Mike,

You just verified my position -- you haven't the foggiest clue about why Diane Feinstein believes and acts the way she does. In other words, and in the textbook definition, it is YOU and not she who is ignorant.

Unlike you -- and thousands of others like you -- I know in considerable detail how she came to believe as she does. Though I, a California resident, strongly disagree with her position, I respect her choices because I know how they came about.

Regards as always,

-- Nighteyes

Dianne Feinstein is only pro gun control for the people. liberal elite such as herself would never follow any gun control law put into effect. she is in fact one of the reasons I whole heartedly support 2 term limits on senators.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:45 PM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Dianne Feinstein is only pro gun control for the people. liberal elite such as herself would never follow any gun control law put into effect. she is in fact one of the reasons I whole heartedly support 2 term limits on senators.
She herself had a gun......... elitist kook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting