Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 02:43 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,800 times

Advertisements

Howdy folks. quick question. I recently bought a H&R Pump Protector from Wal-Mart the other day, as I gave my Mossburg Maverick 88 to my dad a few months ago.

I've read on some of the forums that Remington 870 parts are mostly interchangeable with its chinese knockoff/clone, the H&R Pump Protector. Is that true?

I'm looking to upgrade to a tactical stock (both pistol grip and shoulder stock), tube extender, and flashlight. Thanks in advance to any responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 07:46 PM

185 posts, read 405,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Howdy folks. quick question. I recently bought a H&R Pump Protector from Wal-Mart the other day, as I gave my Mossburg Maverick 88 to my dad a few months ago.

I've read on some of the forums that Remington 870 parts are mostly interchangeable with its chinese knockoff/clone, the H&R Pump Protector. Is that true?

I'm looking to upgrade to a tactical stock (both pistol grip and shoulder stock), tube extender, and flashlight. Thanks in advance to any responses.
Have you actually shot the gun yet?? I bought one last year, put 15 rounds through it, and decided that it was the most painful weapon I have ever fired. After I shot the H&R, my Mosin M44 felt like a .22 by comparison.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:09 PM

1,174 posts, read 2,513,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

The differences between an 870 Express Magnum and an H&R Pump Protector are very few. If you have a choke system, you will not be able to use RemChokes and you will not be able to put a Remington replacement barrel on it without modification. Other than that, just about everything will interchange. One thing to think about is that the magazine tube on the Protector is a little longer than the 870 Express.

Fair warning: I think you'll be far, far happier in the long run with the 13" L.O.P. Hogue 870 stock and forend than you will with the Magpul set or anything with a pistol grip. Totally your call, but you've been warned.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:34 PM

501 posts, read 1,050,105 times
Please, please please please don't EVER rely on a Pardner to be your primary defense weapon. I bought one and after 10 rounds I would rather have had an entrenching tool as my primary defense weapon. Constant feeding issues, ridiculous recoil (I say that as someone who owns many high caliber weapons, and shoots an M1 Garand on a frequent basis), and just general poor quality. You would be better off hocking it and getting an 870.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting