Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 09:09 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times

Advertisements

More vendors say no to california's microstamping law.

Sorry, California Glockaholics: No Glock 41 or Glock 42 for you.

I hope they also will refuse to sell to CA law enforcment agencies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 09:18 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Unfortunately, it's hard to convince a company like Glock, to turn down multi-millions in sales.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:36 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Held a G42 today - a friend stopped by on his way home from the gun store. Very sleek for a Glock - a true "pocket Glock." I'm going to make the gun store rounds this weekend to see if anyone's got one in stock - glad I don't live in California anymore.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:16 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Unfortunately, it's hard to convince a company like Glock, to turn down multi-millions in sales.

very true Elk, but there are already stores out there refusing to sell any firearms or other firearm products to cops from california.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:20 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,342 times
What about selling guns from private seller to private seller? Is Cal, going to stop private sales? If I buy a Ruger and sell it and someone wants to buy it in Cal, how does that work? Does the law apply only to dealers and manufactures or is it across the line that no one can buy and sell a gun not on the no fly list? How do you stop someone from buying a gun in a different state and bring it in? Do they think Criminals will not 1 find a way to disable the stamping and 2 buy guns from where ever to avoid the stamping? More feel good laws from the land of fruits and nuts.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
What about selling guns from private seller to private seller? Is Cal, going to stop private sales? If I buy a Ruger and sell it and someone wants to buy it in Cal, how does that work? Does the law apply only to dealers and manufactures or is it across the line that no one can buy and sell a gun not on the no fly list? How do you stop someone from buying a gun in a different state and bring it in? Do they think Criminals will not 1 find a way to disable the stamping and 2 buy guns from where ever to avoid the stamping? More feel good laws from the land of fruits and nuts.
I believe that all transfer have to go through an FFL. There are no backyard sales, if I am not mistaken. So there is your check valve, the FFL intervention.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:40 AM

I also believe if you go to an out of state gun store and buy a gun, they cannot hand you the gun but would have to ship it to an FFL in your state.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:17 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I also believe if you go to an out of state gun store and buy a gun, they cannot hand you the gun but would have to ship it to an FFL in your state.
That is correct.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:36 AM

Kind of off topic, but my brother is an FFL in California. He recently had a fubar.

Party A comes in and wants to sell a gun to Party B who is with him.

Party A lays down the gun and gives it to my brother to store. Party B lays down the money for the gun. They fill out the appropriate paperwork for Party B's NISC check. Party B's check comes back, do not transfer. Now, in order to give back the gun to Party A, he has to run a NISC check on Party A. Party A comes back, do not transfer. So now there is two party's, that neither can get the gun. hahaha

They ended up, Party A had another person come in and lay down the bucks, his NICS check was fine, after the waiting period the gun was transfered and the money was given to Party A. Fees were paid. What they did with the gun, after they left, is anybody's guess.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:52 PM

I've also heard similar when people pawn a gun, and can't pass the NICS check to get the gun out of pawn.

NC is a bit different, as NICS check are not run for handguns. To purchase in NC you either get a PPP (Pistol Purchase Permit) from the sheriff of the county of residence, or simply present your CHP (Concealed Handgun Permit) You can get up to 10 PPP's from the sheriff per year @ $5/each, or use the gold card i.e. the CHP.

But you still have to have a PPP or CHP to get the gun out of pawn. The PPP is also surrendered to the pawn shop during the transfer.

Of course with a CHP in your wallet, there is the danger of seeing a gun you want in a LGS, and it takes no longer to buy it than it takes to fill out the 4473, so impulse buys can be a problem. I have a gun to prove that

Either PPP, CHP, or an NICS check can be used to purchase long guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting