Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 07:05 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,030 times

Advertisements

I don't see it in their on line store. I can still find the Winchester 555s 333s and other ammo but the M=22 is not there. Does anyone know if it was pulled because of the recall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 07:40 AM

445 posts, read 1,605,256 times
There was some here on Monday - but since I have enough, I did not even go...

Winchester 22 Long Rifle: Shooting : Walmart.com

Do you have to cut that center tab to get to the Lot number... I did not see a way to pull the tab, check the lot and retab the box... The lot number would be easy to see on the top and the stores are not going to open all the boxes to check... I really doubt that any of the recalled ammo is still on any shelves...

For more info / comments Winchester M-22 RECALL - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Old 02-07-2014, 02:42 PM

185 posts, read 405,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenoid View Post
There was some here on Monday - but since I have enough, I did not even go...

Do you have to cut that center tab to get to the Lot number... I did not see a way to pull the tab, check the lot and retab the box... The lot number would be easy to see on the top and the stores are not going to open all the boxes to check... I really doubt that any of the recalled ammo is still on any shelves...

For more info / comments Winchester M-22 RECALL - RimfireCentral.com Forums
I didn't have to cut anything to check mine; just pulled up the top flap and read the lot number off the left underflap.

Interestingly, I saw this post late this morning and clicked on the link; my Walmart listed the ammo as being in stock. I rushed over there and was told they had some but it had sold out several hours earlier; makes me wonder how good their inventory system actually is.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:09 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,975,030 times
I am slowing down my buying. If I run across it I may pick up some but I have 35k rounds of 22lr so I am good for now. I just did not see it when I loaded the page and could not get it to come up. I used your link and it came up fine. Maybe I need to do a cash dump on my browser.

Old 02-07-2014, 03:19 PM

185 posts, read 405,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
I am slowing down my buying. If I run across it I may pick up some but I have 35k rounds of 22lr so I am good for now. I just did not see it when I loaded the page and could not get it to come up. I used your link and it came up fine. Maybe I need to do a cash dump on my browser.
If you sell some of your 35k rounds, you should have plenty of "cash" to dump on your browser.

Old 02-07-2014, 05:37 PM

I just checked my local stores and there is none anywhere nearby... I looked at the header for the availability box and saw this:

Availability is approximate and was last updated on 01/26/2014 at 10:26 AM, Eastern Time

I know that is not correct... If I need something I look daily about 4-7pm until I find it in stock... which usually means that is on the truck and will be available tomorrow.. When I checked the M22, it was Monday and I had not checked on Sunday... It was "Out of Stock" about 9pm That kinda confirms what I thought.. This is still the way 22 is found..
For other types - you can just look and see before going to the store.. Not perfect but not so many wasted trips

9mm 100-Round GMJ Ammunition Pack: Shooting : Walmart.com

This is a link for 9mm It comes up Info Not Available - you have to use F12 to get the stock status...I do not need any of this either...

I have my links saved in my Clipmate You could put them in Excel and use them that way.. I would dump all mine in a post if the mods have no objection ???? They are for .223/45acp/9mm/22/7.62/12

Old 02-07-2014, 09:33 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenoid View Post
I just checked my local stores and there is none anywhere nearby... I looked at the header for the availability box and saw this:

Availability is approximate and was last updated on 01/26/2014 at 10:26 AM, Eastern Time

I know that is not correct... If I need something I look daily about 4-7pm until I find it in stock... which usually means that is on the truck and will be available tomorrow.. When I checked the M22, it was Monday and I had not checked on Sunday... It was "Out of Stock" about 9pm That kinda confirms what I thought.. This is still the way 22 is found..
For other types - you can just look and see before going to the store.. Not perfect but not so many wasted trips

This is a link for 9mm It comes up Info Not Available - you have to use F12 to get the stock status...I do not need any of this either...

I have my links saved in my Clipmate You could put them in Excel and use them that way.. I would dump all mine in a post if the mods have no objection ???? They are for .223/45acp/9mm/22/7.62/12
No problem, post the links.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:22 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie7597 View Post
I didn't have to cut anything to check mine; just pulled up the top flap and read the lot number off the left underflap.

Interestingly, I saw this post late this morning and clicked on the link; my Walmart listed the ammo as being in stock. I rushed over there and was told they had some but it had sold out several hours earlier; makes me wonder how good their inventory system actually is.
The inventory system works very well. The problem you bumped into is other buyers. 22lr shells sell out within seconds of being stocked.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
No problem, post the links.
Winchester 9mm Luger 115-Grain Full Metal Jacket Bullets, 100ct: Shooting : Walmart.com
Winchester 5.56 55-Grain Full-Metal Jacket Bullets: Shooting : Walmart.com

American Eagle 223 REM 55GR FMJ 20rd: Shooting : Walmart.com
Tulammo 7.62 x 39 Full Metal Jacket 122 Grain Ammunition, 20 Rounds: Shooting : Walmart.com
Colt LE6920 Carbine Semi-Auto Rifle, 223 Rem/5.56 NATO: Shooting : Walmart.com
Federal Ammunition 223 Rem 55gr Full Metal Jacket, 100ct: Shooting : Walmart.com
Federal Cartridge 5.56mmx45mm 62gr FMJ Ball-Clipped Ammo Can, 420 Rounds: Shooting : Walmart.com
Winchester 7.62 X 39 VP 123 Grain Full Metal Jacket: Shooting : Walmart.com

Winchester 9mm Luger Super-X, 115 Grain: Shooting : Walmart.com
Winchester 45 Automatic 230 Grain USA Full Metal Jacket: Shooting : Walmart.com

Remington UMC .45 Auto Jacketed Hollow Point, 100pk: Shooting : Walmart.com
Winchester USA Full Metal Jacket, .45: Shooting : Walmart.com
Federal Champion 9mm Full Metal Jacket Rounds: Shooting : Walmart.com

Federal Ammunition 22LR 40gr Auto Match, 325ct: Shooting : Walmart.com
M-22
Winchester 22LR Hollow Point Rounds, 333pk: Shooting : Walmart.com
333 Pak

Winchester 22LR Hollow Point Rounds, 555pk: Shooting : Walmart.com
CCI 22 LR Tactical Bullets, 375-Count: Shooting : Walmart.com
Not carried
CCI 22LR Copper Plated 36gr Hollow Point, 100ct: Shooting : Walmart.com
Mini Mag HP
Winchester 22 LR Super Speed, 100pk: Shooting : Walmart.com
Remington Yellow Jack 22HP Hyper Velocity: Shooting : Walmart.com
Remington 22LR Golden Bullet: Shooting : Walmart.com
Remington .22 Target Shells: Shooting : Walmart.com
Remington .22 Short: Shooting : Walmart.com
CCI 22 Short Lead 29gr Round Nose, 100ct: Shooting : Walmart.com
CCI 22 LR Quiet Ammo: Shooting : Walmart.com
CCI Ammunition Swamp People 22LR: Shooting : Walmart.com

Federal Hi Power 12 Gauge #4: Shooting : Walmart.com
Winchester Xpert High Velocity 2.75" 12-Gauge Steel Shell: Shooting : Walmart.com
Winchester 12 2-3/4 HS 900 Buck Ammunition: Shooting : Walmart.com

You can put these in Excel but I had to press F2 and enter to make them into links Once I did that they take you to the web - I am using IE 11. I have not taken the time to group them by caliber... The family range sustained major damage from flooding over the summer and shooting there is something of a problem these days

Old 02-08-2014, 08:14 AM

806 posts, read 877,223 times
I gave up on WalMart a long time ago . I've been getting my .22 ammo online for months . All of the other calibers are available locally .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting