Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 06:25 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
Actually i have a carry permit and have a gun thank you very much. I have a riot shotgun to deal with people if they try to rob my house.

I do not have my gun in my pockets in my house because I don't need it on me. It only takes me a second to put my jacket with the gun in it or to put the gun in my pants pocket when I go out and about.

So, why act like an ass towards people that do CC in their house?

Old 02-19-2014, 06:27 PM

947 posts, read 1,460,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, why act like an ass towards people that do CC in their house?
Because when you say you have the handgun on you at all times in your house makes you sound like a paranoid nutter. Must people put up the gun in a safe or put it away when they get home because they don't need to wear it at home. They are confident that they could get to the gun in the case that they would ever need to if someone wear to try to break into their house.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:53 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,169,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Where are they pulling WWE moves on you? In your house? Why would you CCW in your house?

I always CCW in my home, and out of my home. does not matter, I just always carry.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:35 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,209,158 times
For me when I leave the house, I am carry concealed, but when I get home, I do not always remove my gun, so there are still many times that I am still carrying concealed at home. Most of the time it comes down to I either have not felt like getting up to put my gun back where I keep it.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:53 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,179,026 times
Quote:
You use a shotgun for a home invasion. Handgun concealed for going out and about if the law says you can carry it.

Shotguns less likely a kid will pick it up. Also more accurate then a handgun more stopping power and less likely the round will go into another house. Also way less chance to be mistaken for a toy then handgun. It's a lot harder to be picked up and fired killing a person like what happens when one or two or three year olds stumble upon handguns that are loaded and safety off.

So a shotgun for home defense makes a hell of a lot sense not only if you have kids but in general rules. You can still put it up on a shelf or a wall mount where the kids cannot grab it until they reach adolescence and hopefully you think they get sense.

Otherwise you think about getting a closet that can be locked or a safe for the shotgun.
Actually...

Buckshot will penetrate *slightly* less than a handgun round, while having a bigger spread. So instead of one bullet penetrating the wall you now have 9-15 depending on what you use.

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

<--- uses an AR with HP ammo for home defense and is in the process of switching all 147gr 9mm ammo over to 124/127gr +P+

Old 02-20-2014, 04:30 PM

947 posts, read 1,460,025 times
Wrong. Buckshot will not go into the neighbors house.

Buckshot spread is more then sufficient. For a hunting shotgun the sound of cocking it to load the shell into the chamber is more then sufficient to scare most burglars away and to have them never come back. Also a lot safer to do then have a loaded shell in the chamber.

AR-15 rounds you keep finding stories of home owners waking up startled thinking a burglar is in the house grabbing the ar-15 and spraying rounds which go out through the house and into the street hitting cars and the neighbors houses. You don't tend to find that with shotguns unless solid slugs or other such penetrating rounds were used.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:26 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:

Buckshot spread is more then sufficient. For a hunting shotgun the sound of cocking it to load the shell into the chamber is more then sufficient to scare most burglars away and to have them never come back. Also a lot safer to do then have a loaded shell in the chamber.

AR-15 rounds you keep finding stories of home owners waking up startled thinking a burglar is in the house grabbing the ar-15 and spraying rounds which go out through the house and into the street hitting cars and the neighbors houses. You don't tend to find that with shotguns unless solid slugs or other such penetrating rounds were used.
Would you mind quoting who you are talking too....

Old 02-20-2014, 08:08 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,965,616 times
Quote:

I beg to differ. I have been present when a 00 Buck was shot, through the cupboard doors under the kitchen counter, out the wall, across a driveway, through the siding and sheetrock in a neighbors house. 00 Buck, will most certainly go into another house.

I don't believe I have ever seen an article where an AR-15 was used to "spray" rounds all over the neighborhood. An AR-15 can't "Spray".

Could you possibly provide one link where an AR-15 sprayed rounds all over the neighborhood?

Last edited by ElkHunter; 02-20-2014 at 09:15 PM..

Old 02-21-2014, 10:53 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,917,839 times
If you forget to remove your CC firearm after going home, you have forgotten a golden rule, situational awareness and you are a danger to yourself but more important, a danger to others.

If you decide to carry a a firearm concealed while in your home, that speaks to a questionable mental state, if your forget to remove it, your ability to know where you are is diminished or you no longer care about where you are or who is around. Doesn't apply much to those living alone because you'd probably be aware you are alone with only the lone ranger to confront when the cartoons come on.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:28 PM

10,562 posts, read 5,581,634 times
Quote:

Have you got links to sources that support these statements?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting