Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 08:49 PM

978 posts, read 2,054,242 times

Advertisements

1911s definitely do not suck, but there are better guns for defensive use. I used to own a few 1911s, some of them reliable out of the box, others not so much. Surprisingly, my $400 Rock Island Armory 1911 was super reliable, but my expensive Colt never ran right. I got tired of the platform and traded them off.

Not sure why so many people like them for concealed carry. To me, it's like carrying a Luger or P-38. Why bother when there are newer designs that do things a lot better?

I prefer Glocks for carry. They are lighter, hold double the ammo, don't have a grip safety or thumb safety, and are easier to take down. They are also just as accurate out of my hands. The only thing a 1911 has over a Glock is the trigger and feel in the hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2014, 09:44 PM

274 posts, read 518,722 times
1911's are still good firearms but there has been many advancements if firearms technology since the 1911 was first invented. I like my Springfield XD but I suspect that in 40-50 years people will think it's obsolete too.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:03 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,588 times
Guy seems like a bubble off, just because people keep buying his products and taking his classes shows how much people keep up with the times and people in them. He gives all sane gun owners a bad name and ammunition for the lemmings that are for gun control at all costs. Too bad these kinds of people in all forms of life and their beliefs keep becoming successful.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:38 PM

10,744 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quoss View Post
if you get an out of the box 1911 that will reliably feed all types of jhp's (as Glocks will) you either paid a lot of money for it ($800+ retail) or you got very lucky. And the govt model is much too large and heavy for daily ccw. The glock weighs 1/3rd less, and won't rust, which has helped its sales tremendously. Glock users also don't have to learn to manipulate a thumbsafety, which helps sales quite a bit. I detest the things, but the facts are the facts.
There are just too many people who do in fact carry one daily (concealed) for this sentence to have much meaning.

Old 04-01-2014, 12:48 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,991,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Guy seems like a bubble off, just because people keep buying his products and taking his classes shows how much people keep up with the times and people in them. He gives all sane gun owners a bad name and ammunition for the lemmings that are for gun control at all costs. Too bad these kinds of people in all forms of life and their beliefs keep becoming successful.
Yeager is far from who I want people to think of when they hear the term "Gun Owners", but no-matter what clown he makes of himself, he has trained a lot of people, and seen a LOT of rounds go downrange. If he says the 1911 has trouble more than others in his classes, that's a meaningful statistic.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:06 PM

21 posts, read 37,873 times
James Yeager is a kook who challenges people to duels when he blows his top. I choose to distance myself from this nut as much as possible. He is definitely a poor spokesman for promoting the cause of the Second Amendment.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfynn View Post
James Yeager is a kook who challenges people to duels when he blows his top. I choose to distance myself from this nut as much as possible. He is definitely a poor spokesman for promoting the cause of the Second Amendment.
I know that Gabe Suarez has challenged a detractor to a duel before. Has Yeager? Have you by chance got a link?

Old 04-01-2014, 09:07 PM

21 posts, read 37,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
I know that Gabe Suarez has challenged a detractor to a duel before. Has Yeager? Have you by chance got a link?
James Yeager Is So Sick Of Being Called A Coward That He Will Challenge You To A Duel - Soldier Systems Daily

Old 04-01-2014, 09:10 PM

Thanks for the link.

What a tool. . .

Old 04-04-2014, 12:18 PM

26 posts, read 31,106 times
A "fool" basis his opinion on Kimber, Taurus and other junk... I'd like to show him a Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Ed Brown, Night Hawk and see if not only does he shut his yap, but soil his shorts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting