Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 02:19 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times

Advertisements

What exactly are people going to do with all of this ammo, and these guns?

Old 04-22-2014, 02:28 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
What exactly are people going to do with all of this ammo, and these guns?
Rainy days?....

Old 04-22-2014, 03:03 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Rainy days?....
Have to be pretty good to shoot raindrops out of the sky.

Just saying.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:36 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
i'm of the opinion that extremists on either side of the coin do more harm then good for this cause.
This cause and every other cause out there known to man. I like balance. I like being able to have a conversation with people. One of the reasons having an intelligent conversation about guns is the hyperbole from both sides is simply agonizing. I don't like to fall into the "one gun in that theater" argument because it reeks of "I told you so..." words I consider to be of the most despicable one can say. I don't like anti-gunners because many of the adamantly argue from a standpoint of ignorance that makes them unworthy of my time.

I have no doubt there will be more pushing and shoving in the future over gun rights, and the attempts to restrict gun rights. And there will still be gun violence in future years. But I try to not be influenced by fads. I enjoy gun ownership as a hobby and marksmanship as a skill to be further refined. I have several guns, enough to raise eyebrows in some circles, but few enough to elicit yawns in others. I'm not competing with anyone. If I like a make and model and can afford it, there's a good chance it'll end up in my collection at some point. I like to keep a healthy enough amount of calibers I shoot on hand at all times. It's not an insane amount of ammo. It's enough for me to be able to go out and shoot an appreciable amount in one range session without depleting what I have on hand. I buy ammo often, a box or two here and there. If I have extra money and something I shoot is available, I'll buy it. If not, I don't worry about it.

I think I have a fairly balanced approach. Extremists on one side tell me I am too passive about my second amendment rights (which is entirely false) and extremists from the other side tell me I am a doomsday radical simply for owning a gun. I guess if extremists on both sides shun me I am doing something right.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:08 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Have to be pretty good to shoot raindrops out of the sky.

Just saying.
In other words, We don't have to specify a REASON to have them. We just do that's all.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:14 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
This topic has been beat to death and covered by multiple threads. Use an existing thread because this one is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting